Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We won and now we are in the final stage. We have Argentina on Wednesday.

About today's match...
Without Diego, we lacked a real playmaker. Ricardo Gomes had to put Daniel Carvalho, who is more third-attacker/left-winger than a creative midfielder. Elano helped him in the creation of plays. It didn't work well, or at least it was different.

While Elano usually tried long shots without too much sucess, Daniel Carvalho was more focused on dribles and individual plays. Robinho played as a support striker again, insisting on one-two plays through the middle that weren't effective. He also was a fan of long distance shots, and the results were awful in 90% of the attempts. Marcel lacked technique every time he left the box. The side backs didn't help too much either, especially Maxwell-Wendell (Maicon at least tried in the second-half). This may have happened because we rarely kept the ball in the Colombia's field, switching passes, then the side-backs didn't have enough time to make their usual runs. Even though Diego isn't doing the best tournament of his career, he was missed today.

The defensive system was disappointing as well. Edu Dracena is still showing his moments of insecurity, but at least Alex is great (our most effictive offensive player as well). The defensive-midfielders aren't doing well, Paulo Almeida was a little better than the other matches in his defensive duties but I didn't remember of Dudu Cearense stealing a ball. The guy is very good in his offensive adventures, but defensively, he's almost useless. He also isn't the best passer around.

We'll need to play more if we want to beat Argentina, but I think we can do it. They have many problems as well, even though their team seems more balanced, especially in the defense, than ours, at this point.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the first stage, 10 countries competed.
They were divided in two groups of five.
Chile was first place in Group A, and Argentina first place in Group B. They went to the final round. The two winners of the playoffs would join them.

The second and third places in each groups went to the playoffs. Brazil, second place in Group A faced Colombia, third place in Group B. Equador, second place in Group B, faced the third in Group A, which was Paraguay.
Brazil and Paraguay won then they advanced to the final round.

The final round will have Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Paraguay. They will play against each other and the two best teams will go to the Olympic Games.

Is it clear?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
yes Roberto. thanx :)
so our chance is open widely. i'm sure we'll go to athens;)

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Batigol,

Yes, they will be all cleared with the excpetion of players who were suspended.

Diego and Arrocha e Bate will play against you.. BOLUDOS:eek: :tongue: :cool:

Btw, yesterday was our worst performance in the tournament.... got to play much better if we wanna go to Athens:fero: :devil:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I wasn't impressed with Brazil in the game vs. Colombia.

Paulo Almeida might as well not be there, since most opponents cruise past him effortlessly. Marcel is FAR from brilliant (in fact, he's barely talented) but the mere presence of a true target-man made our attack flow a little better. Maxwell also was quite poor, and Robinho is so fascinated by his own skill that most of the time he's useless for the team (IMHO Daniel Carvalho should take Robinho's place in the 1st eleven).

Let's hope things improve in the final stage. :hopefull:

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Btw, yesterday was our worst performance in the tournament.... got to play much better if we wanna go to Athens:fero: :devil:
Well I saw that, even the Colombians were playing with two up front.. they caused some problems to your defence.
Your team didnt play well yesterday and I dont know if Diego's absent was the reason, also the defence didnt convince me.

I hope they play like this against Argentina:D

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Batigol9 said:
I hope they play like this against Argentina:D
we will play worse but none the less we will beat your skanky argetinian ass :D :tongue:

Ps. if we don´t then I will probably leave this board for a couple of months

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Liternit said:
we will play worse but none the less we will beat your skanky argetinian ass :D :tongue:

Ps. if we don´t then I will probably leave this board for a couple of months
Alrighty. We'll see if ye're a man of yer word, or just another paulista charlatan.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
estas loco? Que passa hijo estats emborrachado, paulista y charlatan don´t go together papito :rollani:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts