Xtratime Community banner

Will it be a walk in the park

• Yes, even though not playing all that, we will kill em'

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Don't know....Bora may come with some triks

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • The way we are finishihng and creating we will draw with them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, the Chinese will make us eat DOG MEAT!

Votes: 4 26.7%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We already got 3 points in the bag. Now let's face the weakest teamof our group , to seal that place in the second round.

Denilson picked up a yellow, I hope Felipao orders him to get a second booking so he can "zero" his cards for the main stage of the tournament.

Also Rivaldo may miss the game through suspension, which would be cool as Denilson or Edilson will get a chance!;) HOpe Edilson does it.

Doubt Ricardinho will start this game...but the next one he surely will.

Lucio and Edmilson "shaked" in the first game with the responsability, this game will be good for them to calm down a lilttle bit and start playing the football that they know......cause what theyplayed agaisnt Turkey was a big SHAME!:fero: :fero:

WIll this one be a walk in the park??:rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
First of all, Rivaldo shouldn't be suspended because acting or not that Turkish **** deserved a red card and that's a fact. I am sickened by how much of an idiot Rivo is but it didn't change anything really.

Big Phil is rumoured to want to change Juninho Paulista for Vampeta which is horrible news... we'll see what happens!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why is Rivaldo an idiot?? He is a smartar$e by getting a real IDIOT sent off. That is called experience, and he did good.

If the incident was in the final at teh start of teh second half he could have won us the game with that Hollywoodian display! And it was a cold reply for an agression suffered on him!

And for what Juninho played, it will not be such a horrible news to put Vampeta in!

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Rivaldo? I am sick of talking about him. Juninho did alright in the second half and if Ronaldhinho was more in the middle he'd link up with Paulista much better. :cool:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ronaldinhio

I've rarely seen ronaldinhio. I first thought he was the answer to the right in the denilson mold. I see denilson is one of a kind.

I hope Ronaldinhio is better than what ive seen. I've stayed faithful that he will improve but so far im not impressed.

Patrick and others im sure youve seen him more. Can you tell me what to expect from a 100% ronaldinhio??

Is it anywhere as good as the 100% rivaldo on barcelona or Ronaldo on psv/barcelona??

Cause if we get those three going at the same time with Juninhio like in his middlesbourough days its game over for all else!

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
any chance to see kaka play in this match???

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I wouldn't bet on Kaka playing a minute out of this game especially with Big Phil considering putting Vampeta in for Juninho.

I got to go to school now, when I come back I'll answer your questions Jason. :)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Patrick,
let me give you a tactical lesson:

With the entrance of Vampeta in the team, Ronaldinho gaucho will not be crushed into the right wing like he was in the first game.

therefore he will be more oblied to come and pick up the game deeper into our midfield, making himmove more, and therefore cause more problems to China's defense. So basically, if you wanna see your Ronaldinho play more, you better wish that Juninho is subbed andgives Ronaldinho more space and more time on the ball, as Juninho holds too much the ball!

I expect the team to be this after the COSTA RICA game:

Marcos:rolleyes:

Lucio Roque Jr. GILBERTO SILVA

Vampeta Ricardinho

R.G

Ronaldo Rivaldo

Felipao will use the understanding of Ricardinho and Vampeta in the middle, and also Gilberto Silva will be a good call for defense....as I do think that Polga will "feel" the pressure of the World Cup.

Kaka will probably not play.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
After watching C.rica and China play,I feel we can beat these two teams very easily,may be with a good score.

Congrats to all US fans,what a shocker

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Ze, what you said makes alot of sense but did you see the lack of creativity when they took Juninho off for Vampeta? It was ridiculous. Maybe it's because our players were too tired to perform besides Luizao & Denilson but I don't know. Ronaldinho with Vampeta & Gilberto Silva might work since technically they didn't play so it's worth a try to do this experiement against China, eh?

Ricardinho, Vampeta and Ronaldinho all in the midfeild will be pretty interesting but Edmilson will calm down and keep his team in the defence, seriously. But all in all, I think Gilberto might get the start over your Corinthians boy. ;) :cool:

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
china has no chance at all. china is one of the weakest teams in the world cup and has a serious problem scoring goals. if china scores one goal against brazil, it will be a miracle. brazil, on the other hand, knows it has to score a few goals to move ahead of costa rica in terms of goal difference. we should take this game 3x0.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vampeta is mainly disputing the position with JUNINHO! Gilberto SIlva has his plaace guaranteed. But with the assumption that Anderson Polga may have a bad game also....and the understadning of Ricaridnho and VAMpeta is the best possible...... he wil kill 2 problems with one bat. Take of onw of these horible defenders that we have...put Gilberto Silva there and Ricardinho to play alongside Vampeta.....then we have a ball rolling again!

FALCAO......COME HERE MORE MAN!;) :cool: :D

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Why is Rivaldo an idiot?? He is a smartar$e by getting a real IDIOT sent off. That is called experience, and he did good.
If the incident was in the final at teh start of teh second half he could have won us the game with that Hollywoodian display! And it was a cold reply for an agression suffered on him!

thats exactly what simeone did against england, and you have called him a bloddy cheater, etc...
wheres the difference???

in fact i cannot see the diference between over acting a foul or an agression (like rivaldo and simeone did) in order to get an advantge that can give you the victory, and making a goal with the hand. in both cases you are trying to get an advantadge.

the only difference between rivaldo or simeone s acting and diegos hand of god, is that the last one is a real masterpiece.

and we all know what do you think about diego and his hand of god.
so, whats your real opinion........... if you do have one :rolleyes:

·
Registered
831 Posts
SATURDAY BRAZIL-CHINA: SCOLARI HAS ANNOUNCED THE FORMATION, RONALDO ON FROM THE START
Thursday, 06 June 2002 17:11:52
ULSAN - Brazil is preparing for their second World Cup match against China. The Saturday's match will begin at 13:30 Italian time. Here is the start line-up for Brazil:

BRAZIL (3-5-2): Marcos; Anderson Polga, Roque Jr. , Lúcio; Cafu, Gilberto Silva, Juninho, Ronaldinho Gaúcho, Roberto Carlos; Ronaldo and Rivaldo.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Todos Juntos Vamos, Pra Frente Brasil...

I disagree about Vampeta - IMHO he's fighting for Gilberto's position. Ricardinho will compete with Juninho for that second spot on the mid, and I hope Ricardinho gets it, I think he'll fit in just like a glove on our team. ;) Vampeta alongside Gilberto would be too defensive, and we don't want that, do we? :devil:

On yesterday's training, Anderson Polga came into the team, and Edmilson went to the bench. I believe the team will improve, as Polga is a very solid player - after all, he learned to play as centre-back from Mauro Galvão, and if his teacher's quality is any indication, Polga will be superb.

Now, we have to hammer China mercilessly - make ourselves a nice fat goal average, y'know - then it's Costa Rica, probably followed by Japan. THEN we'll be at the quarterfinals, and the fireworks will really start.

All in all, let me quote Zippy the Pinhead... "Are we having fun yet?" ;) :D :)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I guess Felipao Scolari listened to me and kept Juninho Paulista instead of taking Vampeta to make such a defensive midfeild. Honestly, I don't think Juninho was to blame for Ronaldinho's poor performance because Roni just couldn't find his normal rhythm on the field and he has a few glimpses of his true self but missed an open sitter with Rustu.

I say Juninho had a solid game, playing his role but it would have been pretty scary if he had Roni on a good day. Maybe that'll come when we play China on Saturday, let's hope guys. Also, I suggest Luizao doesn't get a chance as a substitute in this game at all because he is just horrible! Edilson, please ....

·
Registered
102 Posts
I agree with almost everything you said patrick.

First I want Ronaldinhio to get one more chance. After that let him have the first half vs Costa Rica. If not I wanna see Kaka.

Also I want Juninhio and Ronaldinhio both! I hate too defensive of football.

I feel sorry for Edmilson. Its too bad he doesnt get a second chance when others like Ronaldinhio are allowed to.

My ideal 3 man defense would be Edmilson Lucio Polga.

Imagine Rivaldo Ronaldo Juninhio Ronaldinhio all working together upfront!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
He probalby left Juninho because China are so weak.

But i still believe that in the second round he will put Gilberto Silva at the back and put Vampeta and Ricardinho in the middle. I don't trust Polga, I think he will shake just like Edmilson did. He does not have much experience to play in a high profile game!!

Ok Gilberto Silva is new, but Gilberto Silva plays like he is a veteran already, despite his young age!

Let's also hope denilson picks up a yellow so he can zero his score for the second round.

It's looking good lads...... each day that passes my happiness increases with the thought of this title.....IT WILL COME HOME!;) :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bora visits camp

He will probably be soon the manager that most lead teams against Brasil. The guy is everyweher and i think this is already the third meeting with have with him in a world cup....imagine friendlies and Copa America then i haev lost the count!

He came over to the camp to visit us and wish his best luck for us in the future, and will hope we win the whole thing....not the game tomorrow

THANKS BORA, YOUR A DUDE!!;) :D :cool:

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bRAZIL WANTS TO BREAK GOALSCORING RECORD

Since 1958 we don't score more than 5 goals in a World Cup game. The instruction tomorrow is too get as many as possible.

Hopefully Ronaldo can score a ton of goals and pass Klose in the top scorers charts!;) :cool:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts