Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here we go to the expected final of the group.

Chile fought really hard to beat PAraguay and now play for a draw. They are gonna pack the stadium to play against us.

Anohter point is that they have been talking about the brazilian defense etc..... which i think it is nonsense. Apart from a few slips of Edu Dracena we have been pretty good at the back.

Also Elano is back in teh team and should give more production than Wendell.

I saw teh game against Paraguay and I think our team is much better than Chile's. I think we can get a win today to finish first and shut all these guys up.

The bad news of the pre-olympic, seems to be that Argentina have found tehmselves. For the first time they played well and beat Ecaudor convicingly...... they can grow even more in teh competition.

Now one thing is sure..... if we draw with Chile and Argentina loses to Colombia and Ecaudor beats whoever they are playing, we will be facing the argies in the elimination game!!! So let's make sure we beat the chileans today and hope that the argies don't lose to Colombia

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Like I've said before the competition started, Elano gives the team more balance. Gomes saw it and now he's back. Good for us.

It'll be a tough match, both teams are very offensive and Chile playing at home can be something really decisive. Our defense still worries me.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Here we go to the expected final of the group.

Chile fought really hard to beat PAraguay and now play for a draw. They are gonna pack the stadium to play against us.

Anohter point is that they have been talking about the brazilian defense etc..... which i think it is nonsense. Apart from a few slips of Edu Dracena we have been pretty good at the back.

Also Elano is back in teh team and should give more production than Wendell.

I saw teh game against Paraguay and I think our team is much better than Chile's. I think we can get a win today to finish first and shut all these guys up.

The bad news of the pre-olympic, seems to be that Argentina have found tehmselves. For the first time they played well and beat Ecaudor convicingly...... they can grow even more in teh competition.

Now one thing is sure..... if we draw with Chile and Argentina loses to Colombia and Ecaudor beats whoever they are playing, we will be facing the argies in the elimination game!!! So let's make sure we beat the chileans today and hope that the argies don't lose to Colombia
we'll see :fero:
i haven't seen anything impressive about brazil yet (the other day i was watching brazil vs uruguay and i felt sleep..the same that game on friday) except fabio rochemback:D please tell me he has flu or something:D

·
Registered
460 Posts
Liternit said:
Chi Chi Chi Le Le Le Chile!!!!!!

not! Brasil 2 x 0, Rochemback e Robinho
:howler:
its Chi chi chi Le le le viva chile!:D :D
i hope rochemback scores two goals (2-2 or 3-2):tongue:

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's all over the brazilian press.

also, we played well both second halves against venezuela (obligation) and Paraguay. and against uruguay we wplayed pretty well.... if Diego had played good we might have won the game... but that is a IF which does not count in the footie world;)

Prepare to CRY TODAY:fero: :tongue: :D :D :D

1989 will NEVER be forgotten:fero: :devil: :devil: :devil:

·
Registered
460 Posts
we already forgot that!:D no, really, i won't talk about that subject because for that stupidity we lost our best generation..
well, brazilian press..we know them so well..:fero:
can't you forget when we beated brazil 3-0 in santiago for the last WC qualy? it wasn't long time ago..and our team was probably one of our worse..so prepare for tonight!:strong: :D
i better don't say anything because i really think anyone can win so I GUESS A DRAW WILL BE FAIR :howler: :D

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
The draw wasn't fair....

Even though Brazil didn't play well, we were the side who searched for the goal in at least 80 minutes of the match. Chile just stayed with their 4-4-2 with almost 4 defensive midfielders and after a crappy first half, got better in the first 10 minutes of the second and with the boost of the supporters, created something and ended up scoring the goal.

Only Gomes, Alex and Maxwell were decent today.

Maicon is trying to repeat his amazing goal all the time, and when he remembered that he did that just once in his life, he makes a wrong pass.

Dracena is showing how he is just a common defender. Like him we have 100 in Brazil. Same with Paulo Almeida. And as normal players, they alternate good and bad moments. The pre-olimpic doesn't seem to be a good one...

Rochemback had his worst performance ever. He didn't mark (I blame him for the goal) and he created 100 counter-attacks for Chile. If they had more quality...

Elano disappointed me, he didn't play the smart football I'm used to see, working well with the side back and midfielders. He seemed lost. Same with Dagoberto, I never agreed with his presence in this team but now it seems worst than ever. At least Marcel was a threat all the time for Chile's defense.

Diego and Robinho have some credit for trying everything they could. I didn't like Robinho's positioning, I think this idea of him playing as a support striker moving around Brazil's attack trying one-two passes against these walls is very stupid. When you play against a tough defensive system, you have to work more in the flanks, and that's what Robinho does in Santos.

Diego was very alone, he couldn't do anything by himself besides losing the ball and falling. But he worked hard, he's a player with spirit and he showed this today.

We were very unlucky tonight, even though there's a lot to improve.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
...and a draw it was. :wth: 1x1 and we're going to the 'repescagem'. :stress:

Some thoughts about the game...

Chile's coach is a fool. He began the game sitting tightly in defense, giving Brazil all the space until we scored. When we opened the scoreboard he was forced to make an early substitution to correct his own initial cowardice - and once he did so, his team began showing why they're doing well in the competition, with a solid build-up of play that was a constant problem for our team – until they scored the goal that gave them the 1st place. :( There was violence on both sides so I don't think anyone can complain against the refereeing – but I have to say that Chile's repetitive diving to stop the game, through the entire 2nd half, was unsporting and frankly shameful. However, that's wasn't the reason for our bad result: in the end we tripped over our own mistakes and instability.

And about our team...
Alex scored our goal, and failed in Chile's goal. Does he have something to celebrate? No. He failed in his primary function, which is defending. :thumbdwn:
Every time Maxwell receives the ball, he demonstrates why calling Roberto Carlos for the Olympics is a good idea. :doh: In one word... pale!
I am convinced that Paulo Almeida is MEDIOCRE. He is only in the Seleçao because he plays in Santos, but he's no better than Mozart. :yuck: Give me Dudu Cearense any day of the week. So what if Dudu is a "second DM"? He can't possibly have a less impressive defensive contribution. It's not like Almeida is doing well... he's just there because he's used to playing with Elano and Diego. But opposing players run past him like he wasn't even there.
Rochemback and Diego, two of our team's highlights, are BOTH suspended for the next match. Both of them felt the pressure, particularly Diego, who wasted too much energy complaining to the ref.
And Dagoberto is starting to look like the new Savio... if you know what I mean. :rollani: He refuses to pressure the defenders and falls down at the slightest touch. Honestly, does Dagoberto's talent really compensate for the fact that he is a wimp?
:confused:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Garrincha, the player marking the chilean guy was Rochemback, wasn't it? Casão said it was Alex, but for me it was clearly Rochemback....Alex was behind him in the second chance he had.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Roberto Gallo said:
....Alex was behind him in the second chance he had.
Which is why I think Alex was the one who failed. The first chance was relatively normal, as it was a set piece; but the defender MUST control the second ball inside the small area. Alex failed when he allowed the same Chilean forward to try again, heading at goal for the second consecutive time inside the area. No, it's clear for me that it was Alex's fault. I like Alex but he really needs to gets his act together.

Y'know, Alex would benefit immensely from having a more experienced centreback playing with him... a high-class veteran like Maldini or Gamarra who could help him polish his rough edges. Currently he relies too much on his physical power. He can learn it all, of course... but with an experienced partner he would develop much faster.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Alex was behind the guy, but if you see the play, Rochemback seemed the one responsible for the guy who scored, and he didn't try in the first and second moments. I agree that Alex should've tried in second chance, but Rochemback was the main responsible IMO.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
i saw some tired players and inaccurate passings. so how's our chance?

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bunch of IDIOTS

What a PATHETIC display by Brazil.

This Chilean team is NOTHING... bunch of sissies and we can't beat them:yuck:

With 3 minutes of the game it was clear that these Chileans were feeling the "syndrom" : "oh , I'm playing against Brazil" and made a defensive bubble just in front of the box.

We were passing the ball around like a training session, all very easy. The first goal was imminent, just a matter of minutes and finally we scored wtihin 18 minutes.

then Chile for 2 minutes looked like they were gonna come to attack us and we take care of the game with no stress again. It looked like we had room for more 2 goals with no stress, but we lacked one of the main things in football, which is HEART. At that moment we had silicenced the stadium. Have you ever seen this... a decisve game away from home and within 20 minutes of the first half you completely SILENCE the stadium, put the "attacking force "of the tournament in their field. Then I thought we would take the game seriously and finish the game like it looked... a true piece of cake.

But no, these players din't finish the game like they were supposed to. We go with the ball up until the chilean box and we missed a silly pass because of lack of concentration, guts or even respect for the opponent.

Finished the first half with a small 1x0.... it should have been 3x0 for our domination..... we were in a complete other level than Chile.

Then comes to the second half, and we still don't score the goal. We let Chile "like the game" and their supporters felt it and start shouting. The make a silly pressure and we give up a silly goal. I think if Maicon din't clear the ball IT MIGHT HAVE GONNE WIDE. Nobody goes to the ball and the Chilean hits easily.

The rest we just showed of how this team lacked commitment. A difference between boys and men.... yesterday they were boys, or even worst... little spoiled babies who were eating honey for the first time in their lives. Din't eat it well and they spilled it all over their clothes:devil: :fero: :fero: :devil:

Now we go to a early final without 2 of our best players... Diego & Arrocha e Bate. Ricardo Gomes has to change the attack... we need to put Nilmar in. Marcel is not up to the standards of the yellow shirt. Also, Dudu Cearense's pass is 10 times what Paulo ALmeida's will ever be.
Edu Dracena is just average at best.... every game he does a shacky play.
DAGOBERTO.... WE IS YOUR FOOTBALL???:eek: :fero: :fero: :fero:

I just hope that the Argies win today... cause if they don't and we meet them in the playoff, I think we will lose:eek: :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Hey Kluivert,

How are you doing man??

Btw, who scored this goalfor Ajax.... was it Sneider??

He's played quite well..... however i expected just a little bitmore for him.

It would be good for him to come to Brazil and play 1 year here in our league to make his name domestically and get more used to brazilian pro footie style;) :cool: But i doubt that will happen:(

Stop by here in the brazilian forum more often;) :cool:

·
Registered
460 Posts
from the other side..:D
it's true that now we're 1st (you're going to have to use to not be 1st all the time and don't get panic about it) nobody cares is we played bad or good yesterday, but it's also true our coach is being called stupid all over the country..he gave up 45 minutes and you can't do that against brazil..ok, he had bad luck with that early injury (lucky for you villanueva got injured) but i can't believe he sent them so defensibly and plus he didn't put our 2 best players (valdivia & bossejeur...you really need to start learning those names) from the beggining..then he saw we were being humilliated by brazil without any effort (as usual) and he repared on that and send them to the pitch..then our team was completely different and i don't know if brazilian players were faking but it was very real to me that they had lots of problems controlling validiva.
You've said brazil blew up their chances..well, i say there were another team in front..
and don't worry if argentina is your next rival you're going to beat team (i hope so) because they don't have heart & football, you at least have football..sometimes football needs some heart & passion and if i'm not proud of my team because they fear of brazil in the 1st 45 minutes, i'm certanly proud of their spirit
see you in viña del mar;)

·
Registered
7,770 Posts
Ze, it’s Rafael van der Vaart in the 2nd minute vs Feyenoord :D

So Maxwell isn’t playing that good? Well… send him back then, we can use him when the league restarts next week.

Ze, what did you think of the game vs Heerenveen? It was pretty crappy ey? It was kinda obvious we were holding back for the clash with Milan (not that it helped though). The atmosphere was crap aswell, usually there is more noise… How did the pictures work out?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts