Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First half report:

At the end of the 1st half, it's 1x1 (Brazil opened the score, there was a penalty for Chile that was defended by Gomes, then the Chileans equalized -- then the game got REALLY rough) and Maicon managed to get sent off for a shameful aggression, he elbowed a Chilean's head. Tem que BANIR esse vagabundo da Seleçao, na minha opinião. We don't need this kind of irresponsible shit.

Robinho is USELESS once again. I don't care about his huge potential, in his current form he's as dangerous as a wet fart. In attack he accomplishes nothing. When we lose the ball he drops back, supposedly to defend, but he just pretends to defend without really doing anything, the opponent can just run past him. His crosses are poorly-delivered and when he shot at goal in this first half, it was a pathethic and limp kick. :devil:

Fabio Rochemback is playing well again -- but AGAIN, he received a yellow card and so he's suspended from the last match. Amazing! He didn't play the 1st game because he hadn't arrived; then he played the 2nd and 3rd games and received cards in both, getting suspended from the 4th match -- and in the two following games he got other two cards and managed to get a second suspension!! :eekani: This guy apparently has a serious disciplinary problem. And I don't want this card-magnet in our first team, thank you very much.

What now...? Thanks to Maicon's brainless violence we're one man down and Chile is really excited, playing like a World Cup final. Marcel left the pitch for Elano, who will do our right side. I hope things improve... because I'm currently disgusted with our team. :stress:

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
I saw this on anotehr forum and I agree:

Sinceramente, para torcer pra um combinado Santos-Cruzeiro e poder correr o risco, caso essa seleção se classifique para as Olimpíadas (coisa q eu duvido muito) a ponto de perdermos um jogador como o Rodolfo, eu quero mais q essa seleçãozinha se foda...

Aliás, essa seleção é paulista até na narração... é difícil aturar esse Cleber Machado e o Casagrande, q era tão ruim qto o Marcel é, e se acha no direito de criticá-lo.

Aguentar o Robinho Foca-Amestrada, o mascarado do Diego, "craques" como Edu Dracena (é brincadeira o Rodolfo ser banco desse cara), Paulo Almeida, o possante Marcel (q não deve nada ao Marcelo), Wendell, Maxwell... essa é uma das piores gerações q eu vi nestes últimos tempos, somente a imprensa (principalmente a Globo) para tentar vender um produto fraco como este.

>>>>>>>>

The teams from 96 and 2000 were better...

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Yeah, Maicon ****ed us big time. And the sad part is, he was the best man in our team, defending very well and our only option on the right side for the most part.

Maicon deserved to be sent off, this is clear. But what about the guy who kicked the ball in Marcel? That was an agression, too.

Now a tie can be considered a good result...what a shame...

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
Watching Diego and Robinho right now, I'm starting to think they might go nowhere...
Actually, I've been thinking that for awhile now...
I'd rather have Paulinho, Carlos Alberto, etc than those overrated Santos boys.
C'mon, Edu Dracena isntead of Rodolfo?!

·
Administrator
29,706 Posts
you people are missing Galvao Bueno ??? :D

The team is that: Need more experience, Maicon was indeed playing very well, but I think now Cafu is one man to go. Gomes failed in the goal , but all the rest he is very well.
And Diego and Robinho gave us the third goal.

And hell, He may be crap (he is not) but Dudu Cearense is worth just due his star. As long he is like that , the team is him and more 10.

And end, we are not missing Rodolfo, the defense may be a bit slow but it is not the problem.
The problem is when those players ,Diego, Robinho,Daniel, play more seriously before any danger happens to us...One thing is Real Madrid - those players played years to have the status to play just with their image. Your boys didnt and the adversaries do not respect them that much.

Ricardo Gomes showed a good action in the half-time , plus the team with more space in counter attack do play well.

And what a crap referee, the kick of the number 3 was card thing against Marcel and allowing that drama every chilean...:yuck:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I was VERY impressed with Gomes' work on the halftime. He turned the game around and the Brazil that played the 2nd half was a completely different team, defending effectively (where they had just watched the Chileans play during the 1st half) and deciding the game. Parreira talked about this last year: If a technically-superior team matches their opponents' tactical determination, they can become practically unbeatable. On the 1st half, our technically-superior boys were full of themselves and less focused than the home team. When that changed... we won the game, even with one man down. :thumbsup: Big up for Ricardo Gomes.

Our 'keeper Gomes, about whom I had doubts before the pre-Olympics, has convinced me. He's not perfect but he's very solid, I do not think we need to use an 'overage' player there anymore. Right now I believe I'd go for Cafu, Roberto Carlos and Ronaldo... :star: :cool: ...but of course, we still need to qualify for the Olympics. By the way – Argentina is already qualified, congratulations to our neighbors. :)

I do not want to see Maicon in the Olympics, though; preferably not even in the bench. If Gomes really doesn't want to use an 'overage' player in the rightback he can always call Daniel Alves and we'd be all set, no problem whatsoever. Bottom line, there's no NEED to take this irresponsible fukkwit to the Olympic Games. :devil: Maicon could very well have ruined everything with his mindless violence... and for all I care he's banned from the Seleçao. :fero:

And Robinho improved in the second half but he's still very disappointing. If I had never seen Robinho before and all I had to evaluate him were this pre-Olympic tournament, I would have to describe him as an overrated wimp, to be perfectly honest. :wth: :stress: Sure hope he's in better form when/if we play the Olympics... :rollani:

·
Administrator
29,706 Posts
I think you are just seeing the effect of maturity. Since 2002 we all agreed Robinho was individualist and had skills, but needed to improve his coletive game.
He is doing this very well. All he needs now is to find the balance and regularity.

Fabio must also improve his attitude. Too much cards...

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
WHAT A SECOND HALF!

It'll look like Globo cliche, but "raça" made all the difference. The way we played in the second half is the way that you can't be disappointed with the team even if they loss. I wish Atlético and Lazio played always this way.

Tactically, everything was going well even in the first half. Maicon and Wendell were doing great in the defense, Daniel Carvalho was again doing his job of helping Wendell in the marking in the left flank (now he's another contender for Zé Roberto's spot in the NT since he proved he can be a third-midfield man) .The problem, like even Casagrande could point, was the way our team was playing, or the way it always play, without press marking. Chile, on the other hand, did this very well.

After Maicon was sent off, Juvenal Olmos (a very good coach IMO) changed the formation of his team from a 4-1-2-1-2 to a more agresive 3-3-1-3, since the win was the only result that interested them. This way Chile could've been more agressive in the flanks that it was already, and in the middle the No 21 was solving everything by himself.

But Brazil started to play press marking, and all Chile could do was pass the ball until it reached the flanks (90% of the time the left flank, with Villanueva) and cross. With two great headers like Edu Dracena and Alex, and ESPECIALLY Gomes, this wasn't very useful.

We had some luck scoring the goal withn Dudu Cearense and after that, Chile got lost.

My ratings:

Gomes (7.5). Despite the mistake on the goal he made at least 2 great saves and the PK. In the air, he was simply perfect. 7.5

Maicon (5.5): Like I've already said, he was superb in the defense and also our main threat (or only threat...) on the right side. But he failed to control his temper and that could've costed the Olympic Games. If he control his temper, he's a must in the Olympic team for me and together with Mancini and Cicinho, a great option to take Cafu's place. He can be a better version of Thuram.

Edu Dracena (6.5): Showed improvement against Argentina and today was even better.

Alex (6.5): Also very secure, barely made a mistake.

Wendell (6.5): He's almost a third defender now, and he's doing the defensive job with much more competence than any of our sde-backs did in the recent years. He doesn't appear too much on the attack, though. Probably Gomes told him to play this way.

Fabio Rochemback (7.5): Amazing. The guy looked like a talented version of Gattuso in the second half. Another one to be considered for the pro NT now.

Dudu Cearense (7): At first I was a little bit skeptical about him. I had the impression that he earned his spot because he scored a lot of goals in the U20 WC and I didn't see him appearing a lot stealing balls in the defense. He's still doing a lot offensively, and is a little bit more than ok on the defense. A must with a mad dog like Fabio Rochemback on his side.

Daniel Carvalho (6.5): Talent, we all know that he had. I just didn't know that the guy could be as useful as he is tactically. He is working very hard becoming a third-defensive mid when we don't have the ball, and a left-winger when we have possession.

Diego (6.5): Good passes, tried to shot, scored. Maybe his best match in the tournament so far. I just think he can try harder at marking sometimes, if Daniel Carvalho and Robinho can do it, he also can.

Robinho (6.5): He's still not very good as he can be offensively, but he deserves a credit for fighting so hard. Now you saw what a defender he can be :D Seriously, tonight he showed that aside from being skilled, he also has tactical sense and can play for the team.

Marcel (6.5): Our tank scored his goal and was again a very useful player when he was on the pitch.

SUBS:
Elano (5.5): He's still far from being the player we know in Santos. Just covered spaces and was useless in the attack.

Dagoberto and Adailton didn't have time.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
end3r7 said:
Watching Diego and Robinho right now, I'm starting to think they might go nowhere...
Actually, I've been thinking that for awhile now...
I'd rather have Paulinho, Carlos Alberto, etc than those overrated Santos boys.
C'mon, Edu Dracena isntead of Rodolfo?!
I agree with you, even though the third goal came from a play from them I could count on my finger the good passes Diego made. He just gets the ball does that usual turn like a princess and starts running for the foul :D and yet he thinks he is Diego Maradona! And Edu Drascena captain? He is an avarege defender, Alex looks like Nesta near him :)

I might say something that will piss people off, but I think we were lucky to win, but guys like Casa Grande insist that was only a matter of pressing the opponent, I agree to a part but we only won because of Chile´s childish mistake we did not create much to get the 3x1, the second goal came from a mistake in the defense and the third one was a really lame deflection by the keeper, mind you that that ball Robinho shot was going wide

·
Administrator
29,706 Posts
the winners are always lucky, linernit.

Chile had their oportunity when they dominated with constant running the first half. If they did not take it, what to do ? Their goal also come from a silly mistake from Gomes who seemd to be not focused or expecting a cross.

Now, You people are over judging players like Diego and Robinho....again. They are not going to perform they best in this competiton - THe had entire year of competition, this sittuation of course create irregular players. Daniel Carvalho, so well in the early games, yesterday was very tired also.

Now, it is not lucky to have Gomes in the goal, it is quality. If he does not deflect the ball badlly, it is quality.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
I am watching this match now and Chile were clearly the better team in the 1st half and Gomez your goalie is the man of the match so far. Rochemback fouls alot. I like his play , though.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
nice win. we were very efficient in attack. gomes :star:

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
I must admit that I had my doubts about Gomes, and right before the tournament started JCamilo was the only one who was saying that he was a very good goalie. Gomes is proving JCamilo right. :D

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Gomes the hero!!!!!!!;)

Now comes down to another game with Paraguay. Brasil caught them with their pants down in the first game, but this time I think it is going to be much tougher I think.

·
Administrator
29,706 Posts
Gomes need concentration. When he is focused he is very good. Other thing, after he failed the did the right thing, he remain confidant in every other ball, secure, self-concious. I always heard that the difference between a great keeper like Gilmar was not the skill, but the capacity to give security to his team even when he failed. Gomes did it. I like it.

By the way, Eventually, I am always right :D

·
Registered
460 Posts
hey..i was sick so i couldn't write..i wasn't hiding or anthing :D
first of all..i can't believe you lost against paraguay, a team that is half chile in spirit & football..:fero: winning us to loose against them...:fero:
well, the good thing of all this dissapointments is that we changed our mentality..in past we were even happy for losing against brazil playing well..now we know we could have beaten them so we want olmos's head:fero: not kidding..he scrwed up a great group with his hysterical stupidities and creating problems with the press..plus every ones wants him out now that we failed..in other times this would have been considered even a triumph..
i'm sorry for brazil, really..but i think that in that last game you didn't deserved the 2nd place..not even the 3rd..
it'll be weird to watch olympics without brazil & even boring..but the fact that ronaldo won't win a golden medal is priceless:D :howler:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts