Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Turkey (PKs)

Votes: 3 8.6%
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rematch!!!!!!! Will the Brasilians be able to beat the Turks without the referee's help? or Will the Turks exact revenge on the Brazucas????

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
C'Mon Turkey...Show The World Why You're Here !!!!!
Have Brazil fight for the 3rd Spot .. Im counting on you !!!!

;)

·
Premier Player
1,790 Posts
Rematch!!!!!!! Will the Brasilians be able to beat the Turks without the referee's help? or Will the Turks exact revenge on the Brazucas????
Brazilians will be a lot more serious. Because they got an unfair penalty in the first game everybody was coming on to them; that's their chance to show that they're still Brazil;)

About Turkiye, now they know that they can play an equal game with Brazilians.

And they've already accomplished a big thing. On Turkiye's side there is not gonna be a lot of pressure, and they will play their defensive style hopefully it will work:hopefull:

·
Registered
56 Posts
hope we can book our place at Yokohama!
applause for Sas, Davala, Ozalan, Akyel, Basturk & Belozoglu for their brilliant performances.. we're doin' quite well; and hope this will go on!.. wish Turkey the best luck on semi final! and hope to see Mansiz for Sukur..:)

·
Registered
103 Posts
We're gonna win this. We can win this. We wil play our best and and Brazil is not a team that is impossible to get beaten. We're gonna make the brazilians regret about their win against Costa Rica.

GOOOOOOOOOO TURKEY

·
Registered
461 Posts
brasil is playing much better, as they always seem to do when the tournamen really starts to get more and more important...brasil will surely miss ronaldinho but they should win a tough one

·
Registered
7,458 Posts
I read on the Brithish Teletext that Ronaldo is injured and may not make it. I bet he does though.

I'm intrigued to see whether Hakan.S will start.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
InfamousPlayer2 said:
Brazil will have no chance. We will beat them, this will be for all the turkishs soldiers that lost their lives in Korea in 1963
Uhh... what? :confused:

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Yeah thats what I heard from one of my Brazilian friends over here. But Brazil always does that. Remember just before the 98 final they said Ronaldo was injured and then he started the game:D

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
HATS OFF TO TURKEY AND BRAZIL

I have never really appreciated teams that have played with a lot of flair and skill and relying on individual ability. I prefer teams that play a more grinding sort of game - like Germany. But hats off to both turkey and brazil.

Turkey is the team that has entertained me the most so far. Their interpassing is really precise, fast and great to watch. And they have exciting unpredictable players like hassan sas and Basturk. The only sore point is Hakan Sukur who played today like bhaichung bhutia.:D :D
I hope they start with Ilhan Mansiz.

I have always grudged against brazil becos imo they have TOO MUCH TALENT. With that kind of talent, they cant help winning . Its not fair !!! But there were flashes of play by ronaldinho in that game which were truly magical. Hopefully that ban will be waived and we can see this great player on the field.

Both these teams deserve to be in the finals. But i think brazil will have the edge - purely becos they have more experience. But make no mistake- pass for pass, man for man (except ronaldinho) , move for move and goal for goal , turkey can match Brazil.

A blinder of a game in prospect.

·
Administrator
11,912 Posts
Minus Ronaldinho and possibly Ronaldo, the only others listed as 'forwards'
on the Brazilian team are Luizao and Edilson. Eventhough Brazil are playing better than their opener without two of their 3Rs it won't be as easy. Other attacking players like Denilson are less team players (hold on to the ball too long). Still a long shot but Turkey's chances are obviously much better as compared to all 3Rs playing.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
rezag said:
Still a long shot but Turkey's chances are obviously much better as compared to all 3Rs playing.
I agree. Ronaldo's absence in particular is a potential disaster. I hope he makes it in time for the game.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Well looks like a great match in prospect.The turks have played great soccer especially against senegal.They definitely deserved to win and I believe with Sas,emre and basturk as the creative hub the only thing they need to change is get rid of that lumbering bull sukur who s confidence doesn't exist no mor.Play mansiz, he has greater pace and as we have seen the defence is not brazil's strength and turkey are sure to create chances.turkey have what england didn't which are creative midfielders willing to run at defences.Only they need to finish better or the'll be punished by Brazil.The turkish defence is okay altho Tugay in his holding role in the middle will have to be at his best.davala puts in great crosses from the right and can exploit the space behind R.Carlos.Hopefully without gaucho and possibly ronaldo Brazil won't be as potent ,I hope they bring in Juninho,he'd be perfect for turkey.run for 5 meters and lose the ball:D
I'll be rooting for turkey and i sense this match is going to pks with a 1-1 tie in regulation.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Dont forget DEnilson

Denilson is equal to Juninho except that unlike Juninho (who at least runs 5 meters) , denilson stays exactly where he is hoping the defender will have a nervous breakdown. Even though ronaldo may not play, i dont think it will matter.He hasnt really looked too sharp in this WC. There will be a lot of pressure on rivaldo to create a goal.

Key areas for Brazil :

1. How much space R.Carlos gives Umit Davala
2. How creative rivaldo is and how well edilson/ronaldo can finish
3. How Lucio and junior can control ilhan on the ground

Key areas for turkey:

1. How involved Basturk and Sas are in the game. Basturk is more consistent and will get involved but Sas sometimes appears very withdrawn.
2. Whether or not Hakan "bhaichung" sukur will start
3. How Tugay/Alpay can control their tempers

Go Turkey . Go brazil. I am Neutral for this game even though i dislike brazil by nature.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
If we play the way we did agaisnt Engalnd, then Turkey have no chance. ut let's see, Ronaldinho is out and we have to see how his repalcement will play!

·
Registered
36 Posts
i hope Brazil beats the tar out of Turkey! i think that Brazil showed Turkey that they are here to win the cup the first time they played. now that Brazil has it's eyes on the prize, and has obviously been the best team in the World Cup...they will not give Turkey any easy opporitunities. if Turkey wants to win, they better start praying for a miracle, cuz none of them can match up with Carlos, Ronaldo, or Rivaldo.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Given that there is a very strong possibility that Brazil may not have Ronaldo, and Ronaldinho, I think this game will be Rivaldo's best opportunity to prove to the world what sort of player he is.

If he plays a great all around game, then I think he will be considered the best player of the tournament. Make us proud Rivaldo!

And as for Ronaldinho, he might not be a pretty boy, but he, to me has been the star of the tournament so far. Beautiful and unselfish play. He is as good as advertized, and no observable arrogance. What a team player. And good composure after the sending off... alot of players woudl have flipped out.

Just a few questions for the brazil fans:

1. Why is brazil not appealing the Ronalindho sending off? I saw the play again, and there was no intent to injure, and he tried to ease up as he passed over the ball. This has to be the worst STRAIGHT red I can remember.

2. Will we see kaka at all?

·
Registered
36 Posts
maxout, i agree with you for the most part, but about Rivaldo...i posted this right after the england vs. brazil match.

WTF?!
all i have to say is:

F*CK RIVALDO!!!

Rivaldo should be banned from football, and sent to Hollywood, because he is an actor, not a football player...i have no respect for him after seeing him play in this World Cup...he's should be ashamed of himself!!!

it's a disgrace to the game to see a former FIFA World Player of the Year act the way he does.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm going with Turkey because I liked the way they played Senegal, they were the best team, no mistakes in the back, nobody respects them, it is a perfect underdog.The sheer speed with which they outran that game was superb, they just need to score more.Brasil also is a great team and the turks are going to have to play very well if they want to win this but Brasil cannot let their guard down.God I wish Ronaldinho cold play.Anyway, good luck

1 - 20 of 92 Posts