• Germany (PKs)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brazil Versus Germany : The fantasy is now reality

So, the inevitable has finally happened.

Brazil versus Germany. Flambyance versus resilience. Talent versus determination. David versus Goliath.

Even though Brazil will be overwhelming favorites for this match, I will not count out Germany's chances. hopefully they can raise their game and stifle the Brazilians. But it is hard to imagine anybody stopping the three Rs in full flow. Germany have the added disadvantage of missing Ballack, their hero of the quarters and semis, scoring two important goals. They definitely are the underdogs and it will be interesting to see if the underdog tag gives them an incentive to play better, now that the pressure is not on them.

If Ramelow and Frings can play like they did against Korea and if Schneider can fill Ballack's shoes effectively, then Germany are sure to put up a fair fight.The Brazilian defence has looked solid and has exceeded all expectations so far. But they havent really faced any aerial threat. England and Turkey didnt really try the crossing game. Belgium was the only team to try the aerial route in a systematc fashion and it worked with wilmots heading the ball in.We all know the story of that disallowed goal.so Germany will always threaten in the air.

Even though I would love a contrary result, I think Brazil will win 2-1 or 3-1.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I don`t know if Germany has a real good chance against these brilliant Brazilians.

And Ballack is missing. Klose wasn`t impressing in the last match, but I don`t think that this is his lasting performance. It was an exception.

No, Germany cannot win - Brazil is the Champion
Although I will be supporting Germany!!

3-1

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
well at least this final will include the two traditional powers of world futbol, no offence to turkey or south korea but i would have no intrest if either of these teams were in the final.

my prediction- rivaldo takes a very deliberate and obvious dive in the in the 90th minute, the referee misses the dive and calls a penalty, rivaldo uts in the back of the net and brazil raise the cup. :D

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
so the main thing for you are the "names" and not the abilities of the teams or entertaining and thrilling football??

you are soooo funny!!! :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
Be frank the current German team is probably the worst German NT I have ever seen. Apart from Kahn, none of the current player could made the 74 or 90 team's starting 11, and probably another one or two can make the squard.

No matter how great Kahn is, it is imppossible to do it on his own. Personally I think the German's midfield without Ballak for sure inferior to that of Turkey and with Ronaldinho back to the line-up, unless there is send off from the Brazilian team. Can't see Germany beat Brazil.

Frings and Menzelder (sp!!) though were fairly impressive against the Koreans and Americans but have yet to be tested by attackers with genuine world-class calibre and they will probably struggle and unlike the Americans who have miss half dozen of clear chances, Ronaldo, RIvaldo and Ronaldinho are among the most clinical finishers there are, and will bury some if not mostof the chances.

Brazil should win by 2 goals if not more.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
We are playing against germany...they have tradition and the shirt.
Nothing is won ntil the ref blows the fnal whilst....it's always been like that against the german, and it will continue to be!

It will be a very tough game for us!

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
An easy win for Brazil...You can resist Paraguay, USA and South Korea, but you can't resist the three musketeers.(RRR) :D

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
The Five Times Brazil and Germany DIDN'T Meet

On five different moments, the confrontation between Brazil and Germany almost took place. But there was always something in the way...

In 1954, West Germany lost to then-mighty Hungary in the 1st stage of the Cup by 8x2. With that result, they qualified in 2nd place from the group, and the Hungarians met Brazil in the quarterfinals. Hungary, with their 'Galloping Major' Puskas, beat Brazil and advanced to the final - when Germany managed to beat them and raise the trophy.

In WC '58, the Germans lost to Sweden in the semifinal. Brazil went by France at that stage and won the WC final against the home team, Sweden. It was Brazil's first title, and the first Cup of Garrincha and Pelé.

Again in 1970 the two teams reached the semifinals of the WC. Brazil did their job and beat Uruguay 3x1, but West Germany, in a historical and dramatic game, lost to Italy by 4x3 (on extratime). The Azzurri played the final against brazil and were thrashed, on Brazil's third World Cup victory.

Then in 1974, the World Cup hosts West Germany 'accepted' to lose to East Germany to avoid qualifying for a group with Brazil and Holland, 'The Clockwork Orange'. Brazil lost to Holland, and the Dutch team went to the finals against Germany. It was Germany's second World Cup title.

On World Cup '86, Brazil lost to France, and Michel Platini's team played the WC semifinal against Germany.

Now they finally meet. May the best team win. And may the best team have a safe trip back to Rio after they've won the Cup. :cool:

·
Registered
17,516 Posts
i found it depressing that u can be in the top 2 teams in the world by beating Ukraine (qualify), Saudi Arabia , Cameron , USA , Korea, and Paraguay...to win Euro 2000 france had to play italy portugal spain and holland, i know which one i prefer to see...

apart from brazil's brilliant play, this tournament is by far the worst in a long time....

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
KHALID said:
i found it depressing that u can be in the top 2 teams in the world by beating Ukraine (qualify), Saudi Arabia , Cameron , USA , Korea, and Paraguay...to win Euro 2000 france had to play italy portugal spain and holland, i know which one i prefer to see...

apart from brazil's brilliant play, this tournament is by far the worst in a long time....
you cant choose who your gonna play so you can t really blame germany for that, they may have had a so called easy tournament thus far but there still here and they beat the teams that they had to and portugal, spain and italy did not, so in my book germany has every right to be here. so for all of you who are picking brazil to win so easily either have not been watching this world cup or you dont realize that you never count out the germans, this team plays with pride and grit and they havent become the most succesful european nation by accident.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Germany's defense is better than Turkiye's. Germany will win, after a 0-0 draw on penalties. Watch. Belgium showed Brazil can be broken down by a determined side, and determination is basically how Germany got here. Watch...

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Why is everyone saying that Germany got the easier route
I would say that Brazil got an easy route

Germany had to face Saudia(the easiest team)
Ireland who played quite well and Cameroon the African champions
Paraguay who finished above Brazil in qualifying, USA who is a good attacking team and the home team S.Korea.

Brazil played the easiest teams on paper China, Costa Rica, Belgium. An overhyped England. The problems only coming from Turkey- who is not yet a world beater itself.

The key will be who will score first. The Brazilian speed (which by the way is fast) will suit the Germans as they are slower than Korea and USA. Turkeys main problem was that they did not play their usual game vs Brazil and did not impose physically. Something the Germans will do.
I am hoping for a German victory, but somehow i believe Brazil just might squeeze through.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Re: The Five Times Brazil and Germany DIDN'T Meet

Garrincha said:
Again in 1970 the two teams reached the semifinals of the WC. Brazil did their job and beat Uruguay 3x1, but West Germany, in a historical and dramatic game, lost to Italy by 4x3 (on extratime). The Azzurri played the final against brazil and were thrashed, on Brazil's third World Cup victory.
Alas alas, this should be the real dream final.

-------------------------Felix
--Carlos Alberto--Piazza--Brito--Everaldo
--------------Clodoaldo--Gerson
-------Jairzinho--Tostao--Pele--Rivelino

------------------------Vs.

-----------Loehr--Muller--Grabowski
--------Overath--Seeler--Beckenbauer
------------Patzke--Schulz--Vogts
-------------------Schnellinger
-----------------------Maier

What a match up!:eek:

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Germany weren't the best team in the WC in 1954 and 1974 and still won it, so i more than expect them to do so again as they have that winning mentality and admirable ability to grind out results

however i have to say, that if they do win then it then they will be one of the most mediocre teams to have won the world cup. Their route to the final was easy, but if it wasn't for King Kahn then they would not have progressed out of their group - nor have won against the USA....the guy has been immense, and at least as influential for his team getting to the final than Maradona was in 1986

player of the tournament, in my opinion :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Haider said:
Why is everyone saying that Germany got the easier route
I would say that Brazil got an easy route.
No, both teams took easy route. Let's say if France and Germany switch place (France to Group E, Germany to group A); Brazil and Argentina did the same (Argentina to group C, Brazil to group F), the final could even be France vs. Argentina!;)

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
Well I must admit I always hated Germany. Still teh reason I hope they wont in it this time is differently. in all objectivity you must say this German team lacks quality. The only 2 players taht impressed me were Schneider and Kahn. Even Ballack was disappointing I thought. Still they will miss himin the final.

Although they lack quality I dodn't rule them out of winning this. It just something German teams always have. No matter how bad they play, no matter how boring their game is, you are never done with them. I just hope it won't be th case this game. It would be another stain on this tiournament if such an avaerage team wins the WC.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Kahn versus Ronaldo

Teddy Bear said:
Germany weren't the best team in the WC in 1954 and 1974 and still won it, so i more than expect them to do so again as they have that winning mentality and admirable ability to grind out results

however i have to say, that if they do win then it then they will be one of the most mediocre teams to have won the world cup. Their route to the final was easy, but if it wasn't for King Kahn then they would not have progressed out of their group - nor have won against the USA....the guy has been immense, and at least as influential for his team getting to the final than Maradona was in 1986

player of the tournament, in my opinion :)
I agree that if Geramny wins they'll be THE most mediocre team ever to have won a WC. I also agree that, IF Germany manages to beat Brazil, Kahn will deserve credit for it just as Maradona received credit for Argentina's 1986 victory: As THE player who took his team all the way, and the man who made it all possible.

If Brazil wins, on the other hand, Ronaldo and Rivaldo will IMO share the honours as MVP of the tournament. Rivaldo was more consistent throughout the Cup, but Ronaldo is the heart of our team, and his recovery from those terrible injuries gives him a heroic shine. :proud: :hopefull:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Germany's campaign

KHALID said:

What can Germany do if Italy, Portugal and Spain were knocked out by Korea? The USA team knocked Mexico - a more 'traditional' team - out. Cameroon is a strong team - there's no way they can be ranked as 'weak' opponents. Saudi Arabia was on the 1st stage, and it was the luck of the draw. Paraguay did a fine Qualifiers' campaign and actually put up a good fight against the Germans.

Germany handled with the teams that qualified to face them -- I think Italy or Spain might have beaten Germany, but hey, Italy was incompetent and Spain lost due to a refereeing mistake (which, as we know, happens in football). Was their path easier than Brazil's? I think it was. But it's not their fault, is it? They reached the final on their own merits. The 'great opponents' Germany might have faced weren't good enough so that 'challenging encounter' never happened. :rolleyes:

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Re: Germany's campaign

Garrincha said:

What can Germany do if Italy, Portugal and Spain were knocked out by Korea? The USA team knocked Mexico - a more 'traditional' team - out. Cameroon is a strong team - there's no way they can be ranked as 'weak' opponents. Saudi Arabia was on the 1st stage, and it was the luck of the draw. Paraguay did a fine Qualifiers' campaign and actually put up a good fight against the Germans.

Germany handled with the teams that qualified to face them -- I think Italy or Spain might have beaten Germany, but hey, Italy was incompetent and Spain lost due to a refereeing mistake (which, as we know, happens in football). Was their path easier than Brazil's? I think it was. But it's not their fault, is it? They reached the final on their own merits. The 'great opponents' Germany might have faced weren't good enough so that 'challenging encounter' never happened. :rolleyes:
The strength of the opposition is all subjective perception. It may give the apologists fodder to ponder, but it ultimately means little in the realm of actuality.

Germany and Brazil are playing in the final because of a very simple reason - they beat their opposition. Something that can't be said of the rest, no matter how much we all coulda-shoulda it to death.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts