Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brasil needed some assistance to beat Turkey but I doubt if they'll need any help put a hurting on the Chinese. China better play the game of their lives otherwise it could get ugly.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
I agree this could get ugly. From what I saw today the chineese defence look big and a bit clumsy.
I could be a copy of Saudi Arabia - Germany match

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
Im going with the Brazucas,, I dont really think they will need the Refs assistance to handle China, they should be able to do it alone, Costa Rican Style ;)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
It won't be easy if we understimate them too much but with all thoughts put in, if we beat Turkey then we should be able to defeat China without any real trouble. Big Phil is rumored to want to change Juninho Paulista for Vampeta because he is worried about our defensive which is extremelly sutpid because if we survived with Turkey then why change for weak China? :devil:

It's going to go down to how much creativity Ronaldinho, Ronaldo & Rivaldo will have and also Denilson coming off the bench is just way too much for China to even dream of handling. :D

·
Registered
655 Posts
Brazil is a big team, they have so many superstars;) :rolleyes: it will be a tough game for us but we donnot need to fear them, try your best ----- MY RED ARMY billions of Chinese all over the world will support u forever :fero: :) :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Just finish watching the Cameroon vs Saudi Arabia match (Cameroon one, Saudi Arabia nil). I hope the Saudis' "never give up" fighting sprit in this match can insprie us.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
i love Brazil NT! but after rivaldo cheating then hasan unsal out by red card, it makes me wonders,...only one questioned for u guys.!!! WHY Rivaldo who has a BIg name footballer in the world have to cheat like that...is it a shame for your National Team.?

and the fined 11.500 franc swiss is good enough for him?
NO!!! miss next one game? No

out from world cup is fair enough!:( once again, hopefully brazil Nt show that they are the first class team in the world not the winning team with the cheating players!:fero:

·
Registered
11,928 Posts
Manny: i think the part of the defense you saw was crap in the 2nd half was because china was pushing for a win, because that game was the only game we could win. if you know soccer at all, you would of said how well we performed in the first half. creating chances and defending well in the 1st half, to bad we cant score.

i dont think no chinese would say we would win at all
it just isnt right
but like bj said
no matter what
I AM PART OF THE RED ARMY!!!

:fero: :fero: :fero:

·
Registered
461 Posts
i don't think that china can play with the quailty of brasil...the three 'r"s will be able to run wild...this game surely looks like it could be like the germany/saudi game...also if a brazilian is gonna get the golden boot...this game could make it for him

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Brazil to romp it 4-0, or even more. China will be without Fan Zhiyi as well, so any hance they had of even drawing is gone like that. I hope this will be a close game though, but very hard to see that happening, must be one of the most one sided contests in World Cup history.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
SEOUL, June 8 (AFP)
World Cup novices China were preparing for the biggest match in their footballing history on Saturday against four-time winners Brazil on the southern Korean island of Jeju.

But for all the sense of occasion, there was an ominous sense of inevitability about the outcome after China's inept performance in their World Cup debut match against Costa Rica, when they went down 2-0.

Brazil are in an altogether different league, despite looking below-par on the way to an unconvincing 2-1 win over Turkey in their opener and even with a seasoned campaigner like Yugoslav coach Bora Milutinovic in charge, the Chinese were in danger of being overwhelmed.

In footballing terms, the encounter had all the makings of a David and Goliath confrontation, with the added twist that it was the world's most populous nation which was cast in the role of the underdog.

If the Chinese were to overcome Brazil, it would surely more than eclipse all previous World Cup upsets - North Korea's famous 1966 victory over Italy, Cameroon's defeat of Argentina in 1990 and Senegal's triumph over France here a week ago.

World Cup fever was sweeping through China and nowhere more than in the former British colony Hong Kong, where the match was due to be broadcast on a giant screen in the city's football stadium, with free admission to the first 30,000 fans who turned up.

But all eyes were likely to be on Brazilian star Rivaldo, branded a cheat by FIFA, for a moment of raw cynicism in the Turkey match when he feigned inury to get Turkish defender Hakan Unsal sent off.

·
Registered
655 Posts
After a few hours the game will begin, wish we can have a goal by Chen Yang or Jiayi Shao's freekick :)

FIGHT !!!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
as i know Qi Hong must on.Fan Zhiyi out and Du Wei replaced. England set example how to defend a super offensive team although its absolutely ugly and boring.:yuck:

and i still advise the brailians you havent won any respect since worldcup began.wanna chinese play to continue the indign record?:rollani:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
World Cup Preview: Brazil-China
Brazil - China | News Archive

China will be vulnerable without Sun Jihai (L) and Fan Zhiyi (Allsport)
06/07/2002. BACKGROUND:
The bottom line in this mismatch? Brazil will be aiming to qualify for the second phase with a win, whereas China will be looking to keep their slim hopes of advancing alive by earning a shock draw or win.

Brazil played some entertaining ball against Turkey, but needed a blown call by the referee to secure a penalty kick winner in their 2-1 come-from-behind victory. Besides the excitement generated by the play on the pitch, the match and tournament were highlighted by Rivaldo's scandalous play-acting in the waning moments of the match which generated a slap-on-the-wrist fine from FIFA. Hopefully the Barca playmaker's face is healed after that incident...

Luiz Felipe Scolari's side should have little problem dispatching the Chinese, but as we have seen already in this tournament: miracles can happen. And that is exactly what a depleted Chinese squad will need on Saturday.

Despite a couple defensive injuries China coach Bora Milutinovic should employ his traditional slow-down defensive tactic against the Brazilians, while remaining hopeful for a rare offensive opportunity by which to shock the Brazilians.

"The match against Brazil is also a pleasure for us because everybody knows what it means to be able to play Brazil," said the well-traveled coach.

Milutinovic is trying to take his fifth straight team out of the first round at the World Cup, but his debutant side struggled in a 2-0 opening loss to one of his former teams, Costa Rica.

LATEST TEAM NEWS
BRAZIL: No new serious injuries for Brazil other than Emerson, whose roster spot has been filled out by Ricardinho who has impressed so much in practice upon his arrival that the Corinthians midfielder may make it onto the pitch against the Chinese. Also, expect one change to the starting team than the one that started against Turkey. Anderson Polga will replace the shaky Edmilson in Scolari's starting eleven, while the entertaining Denilson will remain Brazil's "12th man" off the bench.

CHINA: China will be without two of their best players in Fan Zhiyi and Sun Jihai, who both play defense. Zhiyi re-aggravated an injury to his left foot in the loss to Costa Rica, while Jihai has a badly sprained ankle thanks to a hard challenge only 25 minutes into the Costa Rica match.

PLAYERS TO WATCH
BRAZIL: Ronaldo/Rivaldo
Ronaldo
The Inter Milan striker is beginning to regain his splendid form from last decade, and he netted the tying goal against Turkey. Ronaldo should have a break-out World Cup game against a depleted Chinese back line and could potentially join Miroslav Klose and Jon Dahl Tomasson among the goal-scoring leaders.

Rivaldo
Move over Eric Cantona, because Hollywood may come calling Saturday to get a look at this up-and-coming acting star. Whether the Barca man has a future in movies or as a stunt man remains to be seen, but he can garner plenty of time in front of the cameras by simply letting his wonderful abilities on the pitch do the talking.

CHINA: Jin JIANG
The Chinese goalkeeper should get a lot of TV time during Saturday's match as his goal should be under intense pressure for long periods. Whether the nimble 32-year old can single-handedly keep the Brazilians at bay is doubtful, but he surely will get his chance given the absences of Zhiyi and Jihai in front of him on defense.

POSSIBLE LINEUPS:
BRAZIL (3-5-2): : Marcos, Lucio, Roque Junior and Anderson Polga; Cafu, Gilberto Silva, Juninho, Ronaldinho Gaucho and Roberto Carlos; Rivaldo and Ronaldo.

CHINA (4-4-2): Jiang Jin (GK); ZHANG Enhua, Li Weifeng, Wu Chengying and Xu Yunlong; Li Xiaopeng, Qi Hong, Li Tie and Ma Mingyu; Hao Haidong and YANG Chen.

PREVIOUS ENCOUNTERS:
Brazil and China have yet to meet in serious competition.

soccerage

·
94,487 Posts
mmmmm soccerage doesnt post a prediction/winner anymore ??? I wonder why !!!!! :confused:

·
94,487 Posts
Brazil hoping to avoid nasty surprise against China

SOGWIPO, South Korea (Reuters) -

Brazil face debutants China on Saturday, with the Chinese hoping to avoid humiliation and the South Americans determined to avoid a nasty surprise in their first ever World Cup match against an Asian side.

The four times champions are expected to make easy meat of a China team beaten 2-0 by Costa Rica in their opening match and now missing injured defenders Fan Zhiyi and Sun Jihai, their two most experienced players.

But the Brazilian players are talking down their prospects of a scoring a few goals, while China coach Bora Milutinovic has told his side not to give up in their quest to reach the second round.

The Brazilians say their aim is merely to improve on their performance in the opening game against Turkey, when they needed a late and controversial penalty to seal a 2-1 victory.

"We have to respect them because they are a national team, there have already been some surprises in this World Cup and we don't want to be on the end of one," forward Rivaldo said.

"We hope our second game will be much better than the first, so the supporters become more confident in us game by game."

Milutinovic urged his players to throw everything at the Brazilians and enjoy the privilege of facing some of the world's best players.

"Always you need to dream to win," said the Serbian who has also guided Mexico, Costa Rica, the United States and Nigeria to the World Cup finals.

Some 10,000-20,000 Chinese fans are expected to watch the match in Sogwipo and tens of millions more will be glued to television screens across China.

"On paper, the chances are small but in the game, maybe you score a goal, you are a little bit lucky, so many things can happen," Milutinovic said.

Brazil have suffered some shock results at World Cups, the biggest coming in the 1950 final when their seemingly invincible team was beaten 2-1 by Uruguay before a crowd of 200,000 people at Rio de Janeiro's Maracana stadium.

:cool:

·
94,487 Posts
Line ups

Brazil // China

Marcos // Jiang Jin
Marcos Cafu // Wu Chengying
Lucio // Li Tie
Roque Junior // Ma Mingyu
Roberto Carlos // Hao Haidong
Gilberto Silva // Li Weifeng
Ronaldo // Junzhe Zhao
Rivaldo // Du Wei
Ronaldinho // Li Xiaopeng
Anderson Polga // Qi Hong
Juninho Paulista // Xu Yunlong

:cool:

·
94,487 Posts
Game Underway

Brazil China on the run

·
94,487 Posts
min 15+

What a goal by Roberto "Real" Carlos !!!!!!!

Brazil 1 China 0

·
Registered
765 Posts
First goal by Carlos in 5 years.. bad keeper though.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts