Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have passed everyone in the english bookies.
We are now sole fAvourites to win the whole thing at 3-1.

Impressive how things change. I said all along the qualifiers that the World CUp things are different and more than 200 idiots came over here to say crap. Till last week that pathetci Vieira was saying we were decadents....... looks who's talking???

They are all gonne....but I have always stayed here, even when we lost to Honduras. We still have 6 games to go, we have not won nothing....but i have a feeling our players will do it just to shut up the mouth of 90% of the world that never believed in us!

I have never lost faith!

VAMOS BRASIL...... RUMO AO PENTA!!!!!

;) ;) :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
461 Posts
i thought from the beginning that brasil were the favorites and when croatia go out (if they do)...i will go for brasil...they played well against turkey...i think the only problem they have is when they have 5 players up and 1 guy trys to beat the whole defense by himself...if they pass the ball off more they will get more goals

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
i still like italy's chances more because they have good defense and offense... :)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Any better team would be favorites if they had the luck to be placed in a weak group such as Brazil's. Still though Brazil had to rely on a questionable penalty in order to obtain that favorites status. Today they play China in what should be a formality. It'll be a training match and when they win by a great margin they'll be heralded as the undisputed favorites. Just wait for the second round when Brazil will really be tested...

·
International
6,724 Posts
Italy new World Cup favourites

Where did you get that from Ze? ;)
-----------------------------------------------------
SEOUL, June 8 (AFP)
England's World Cup victory over Argentina has shaken up the bookmakers' odds on the both countries winning the tournament.
From favourites, Argentina have gone out to 8-1, along with holders France, who are also in danger of being eliminated before the second round, according to the latest odds issued by Ladbrokes, the world's largest bookmakers.
The odds on England have shortened to 7-1 while Italy are the new favourites at 11-4 with Brazil at 3-1 and Spain at 6-1.
Elsewhere, Germany have failed to convince the bookies despite their 8-0 drubbing of Saudi Arabia and are at 14-1, while their next opponents Cameroon are a susprisingly short 22-1.p
Sweden, in whose hands Argentina's fate rests, are 25-1 and Portugal have gone out to 33-1 after their dramatic defeat by the United States, who are themselves 250-1 shots.
Joint hosts South Korea, whose self-belief is not in doubt, are quoted at 66-1, the same as the Republic of Ireland and Denmark, who have looked imppressive in their first two matches and could put an end to France's hopes in their final group game.
At 50-1, Senegal would appear to be undervalued while Russia, at the same price, are perhaps overrated on the evidence of their game with Tunisia.
On the strength of just one showing, the 2-2 draw against joint hosts Japan, Belgium are at 150-1 and the Japanese 100-1.
After record bets in excess of 10 million pounds from punters all over the world on the England v Argentina game, the bookies are gearing up for more "in-running" betting during the matches themselves.
This is the first World Cup where punters have been allowed to bet after kick-off on every game.
One of the best combination bets on Friday's game would have been rolling over England to win at 12-5 with doubling up Michael Owen to win a penalty (10-1) and David Beckham to score one (Also 10-1) at combined odds of 275-1.

Source - http://www.dailysoccer.com/

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Re: Italy new World Cup favourites

Jose luis pirri said:
Where did you get that from Ze? ;)
-----------------------------------------------------
SEOUL, June 8 (AFP)
England's World Cup victory over Argentina has shaken up the bookmakers' odds on the both countries winning the tournament.
From favourites, Argentina have gone out to 8-1, along with holders France, who are also in danger of being eliminated before the second round, according to the latest odds issued by Ladbrokes, the world's largest bookmakers.
The odds on England have shortened to 7-1 while Italy are the new favourites at 11-4 with Brazil at 3-1 and Spain at 6-1.
Elsewhere, Germany have failed to convince the bookies despite their 8-0 drubbing of Saudi Arabia and are at 14-1, while their next opponents Cameroon are a susprisingly short 22-1.p
Sweden, in whose hands Argentina's fate rests, are 25-1 and Portugal have gone out to 33-1 after their dramatic defeat by the United States, who are themselves 250-1 shots.
Joint hosts South Korea, whose self-belief is not in doubt, are quoted at 66-1, the same as the Republic of Ireland and Denmark, who have looked imppressive in their first two matches and could put an end to France's hopes in their final group game.
At 50-1, Senegal would appear to be undervalued while Russia, at the same price, are perhaps overrated on the evidence of their game with Tunisia.
On the strength of just one showing, the 2-2 draw against joint hosts Japan, Belgium are at 150-1 and the Japanese 100-1.
After record bets in excess of 10 million pounds from punters all over the world on the England v Argentina game, the bookies are gearing up for more "in-running" betting during the matches themselves.
This is the first World Cup where punters have been allowed to bet after kick-off on every game.
One of the best combination bets on Friday's game would have been rolling over England to win at 12-5 with doubling up Michael Owen to win a penalty (10-1) and David Beckham to score one (Also 10-1) at combined odds of 275-1.

Source - http://www.dailysoccer.com/

Yeah I just read that article too :D I think Ze must have been a bit high still from Brazil's win over Turkey ;)

·
International
6,724 Posts
Arrrrggggggghhhh! I guess Brazil are now favourites after that Italy loss :groan:

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Maybe, i predicted Brazil to win just before the world cup. They have a great offence and play attractive football which could be very important in this world cup. However there are no real favorites this time, many countries are at the same level. Brazil could win Italy could heck even Croatia could win.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
nasty nick said:
Croatia could win.
:kiss:

if we play like today, the sky's the limit

Lav

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
At first my favs to win were Portugal...but after that game with USA..all hope was lost!
I think Spain are in with a chance!
Look at there team...itz brilliant.
3-1 against Paraguay. Morientes scoring 2, and Hierro 1
3-1 against Slovenia. Raul scoring 1, Hierro scoring a penalty, and Valeron scoring 1!
Looking at this i know Spain will go far in the World Cup!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts