Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have passed everyone in the english bookies.
We are now sole fAvourites to win the whole thing at 3-1.

Impressive how things change. I said all along the qualifiers that the World CUp things are different and more than 200 idiots came over here to say crap. Till last week that pathetci Vieira was saying we were decadents....... looks who's talking???

They are all gonne....but I have always stayed here, even when we lost to Honduras. We still have 6 games to go, we have not won nothing....but i have a feeling our players will do it just to shut up the mouth of 90% of the world that never believed in us!

I have never lost faith!

VAMOS BRASIL...... RUMO AO PENTA!!!!!;) :D :cool:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Brasil Bets

My bet for Brasil came at the start of the tourney, no way before. It would have come in 1999 had I been assured that Romario would carry the flag.

But who has a quote on Senegal? These guys, to me, give a whole different angle to the world on Africa football. With angular grace, they are running right past or through the two teams so far. Denmark was gasping.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
the sad thing is that all the other teams are falling apart: france is almost out, argentina is shaming the whole country, italy played crap against weak ecuador, portugal is another shame, spain has no experience beyond the round of 16 and always chokes, germany can't hold a 1x0 lead against a team with no world-class players, england has played two games and scored only from a penalty and a corner kick.

once you throw out all the wanna-bes, you have only one team left: BRAZIL.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Senegal

Falcao:

Good to hear your voice of knowledge and reason once again. How do you rate that lenghth-of-the-field goal run up by Senegal?Started deep right in the defense -end of the pitch. Went forward with some great crosses up to midfield and then the final magic touch on the ball. The ABC/ESPN guy, Shamus Malin [???] with the Irish brogue just went nuts.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
I rate Spain, Brazil & Germany as the favorites. Italia played better then Croatia but at the end lost to them but were very unlucky, I can't see that ever happening to our team having a one goal lead and letting two goals in less then 3 minutes appart. Pathetic! :D

We're up 4-0 right now, and I don't think we're trying because we don't want to embarrass the Chinese, we're so nice! ;)

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Patrick,
Please don't put Spain in the same line as us....it's 2 completely different footballing worlds !

falcao,

Liked the take away all the chokers and you only have one team left: The ones that are always the one to beat!;) :D :cool:

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Spain will be the idiots that we beat, Ze. I never said they were close to how good we are; did I? :D

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
ze, brazil against all these other countries really is like men against boys. we are going to be in three world cup finals in a row and regain the number 1 ranking until 2006 (when we make our fourth final in a row)!

patrick, brazil already has suffered the type of humiliating loss italy suffered against croatia today. remember 1998, when we were leading 1x0 against norway with like 9 minutes to play? we lost 2x1. it happens. (and we can blame junior baiano!)

doug, sorry, but i didn't see the senegal goal.

·
Registered
407 Posts
The Sénégal goal was awesome...I think they only used 4 (!!!) passes to lap over the whole field to get to the oppositions goal...
It was an awesome attack, they play quite good football. They deserve to go trough to the next stage...

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
i take the comments back patrick. I realize how pety they were now

respect

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Jesus christ, no disrespect to your country it's just the football team. :rolleyes:

And I was just trying to get a good laugh with Ze! :mad:

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
after brasil losing to honduras 2-0 and bolvia 3-1 i have realised that absolutly anything is possible in football.
after a crap qualifying campain brasil lost its reputation as an invincible or almost impossible team to beat.
i dont mean to sound pessemistic again.
i am so glad that brasil are playing the way they used to. scolari has finally done a good job. looks like somebody convinced him that the beautiful game isn't a thing of the past.
wow!! ronaldo is getting back to his best. rivaldo was amazing in both the games, ronaldinho, juninho, carlos, cafu, gilberto their all playing beautifully.
looks like we dont romario after all

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Patrick,
Please don't put Spain in the same line as us....it's 2 completely different footballing worlds !

falcao,

Liked the take away all the chokers and you only have one team left: The ones that are always the one to beat!;) :D :cool:
Of course not cause Brazil will always be the best and Spain can never compare to Brazil's footballing history. Blah, blah.... Za De Fiel don't you get tired of dishing out the same arguement against Spain? You seem to have some real issues against Spanish football. Did you like try out for a Spanish team at one time and not make it off the bench? Spain we're the first team to advance to the second round and are looking very good at the moment. We just finish walking all over Paraguay which we're supposed to be such a strong South American side. I'm not saying that we'll make it the finals, but considering that all most of the other big teams are choking at the moment I thing Spain has a good chance of making it atleast to the semi's. Besides, at the moment, Brazil haven't accomplished anything more than Spain at this World Cup. They both played average teams and won both games. Sure, Brazil has more experience winning at this level, and that's the only area where I can see Brazil having an edge over Spain. But aside from that, Spain's attack and midfield is comparable to Brazil's. Your defence is obviously better though. Question: Have you even watched any of Spain's games to be able to make such a statement?

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
How can anybody rule out Brazil in the WC is beyond my understanding. Eventhough they had a under average qualifying round, but still Brazil is Brazil. I sincerely doubt that anybody can match their acomplishments in the Nt level.

All over the world they say World Cup is Brazil and Brazil is World Cup. ;) :cool:

Bye

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
First of all, I think the Brazil team is improving but is not yet perfect, far from it. But I do believe that the work is being done well by Scolari. IMHO Spain is perfectly capable of winning this WC - but they WILL have to overcome teams with more experience, tradition and depth. For example: Italy, one of Spain's more likely opponents on the road to the finals, is superior to Spain in almost every aspect - Spain has more courage, while the Azzurri are still clamped down with that defensive obsession of theirs. But hey, Spain can do it, why not?

But one thing Mendieta said struck me...

Mendieta said:
But aside from that, Spain's attack and midfield is comparable to Brazil's. Your defence is obviously better though. Question: Have you even watched any of Spain's games to be able to make such a statement?
I agree that your midfield is more interesting than ours so far. Our attack is far better than Spain's, though - I honestly believe no other team has a strike force as powerful as Brazil's. But you think our defense is "obviously better" than yours?!?!?!? :eekani: Man, that is a depressing thought for Spanish fans everywhere. 'Cause in my opinion Brazil's defense is less reliable than a snowball in hell... :rolleyes: :D

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Garrincha said:
First of all, I think the Brazil team is improving but is not yet perfect, far from it. But I do believe that the work is being done well by Scolari. IMHO Spain is perfectly capable of winning this WC - but they WILL have to overcome teams with more experience, tradition and depth. For example: Italy, one of Spain's more likely opponents on the road to the finals, is superior to Spain in almost every aspect - Spain has more courage, while the Azzurri are still clamped down with that defensive obsession of theirs. But hey, Spain can do it, why not?

But one thing Mendieta said struck me...

I agree that your midfield is more interesting than ours so far. Our attack is far better than Spain's, though - I honestly believe no other team has a strike force as powerful as Brazil's. But you think our defense is "obviously better" than yours?!?!?!? :eekani: Man, that is a depressing thought for Spanish fans everywhere. 'Cause in my opinion Brazil's defense is less reliable than a snowball in hell... :rolleyes: :D
spains defense is pretty poor without puyol. centre backs are slow but maybe if we shift puyol there it will stand better against a good attacking force.

brazils frontline is amazing with ronaldo but i dont consider ronaldinho or rivaldo an out an out striker. maybe you should of taken someone like jardel because luizao from what ive seen isnt better.

spains front line would be pretty good if tristan played to his potential.

Mendieta>do you think iniesta and portillo will be in the 2006 squad?

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
mazzah20 said:

Mendieta>do you think iniesta and portillo will be in the 2006 squad?
Yeah, I think we might see them at the next WC. As well as Fernando Torres. Spain's future looks good!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Brazil is a team which couldnt care less about playing Ecuador in some meaningless quaifier. Brazil are a team that when the cards are down always always produce. I know they will make me proud. Ronaldo -7 goals!! Rivaldo 6- Goals Ronaldinho 4- Goals!!

Brazil 2002 WC WINNERS

1 - 20 of 26 Posts