Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brasil Goes To Dublin!

Brasil's manager Carlos Alberto Parreira has announced, this tuesday, 22 players for the Brazilian NT's friendly match against Ireland, on February 18th, in Dublin.

The biggest surprise on the list was midfielder Julio Baptista, called by Parreira for the first time.

Initially, Parreira would announce just the players from foreign clubs. But the coach changed his mind and already listed Marcos and Luis Fabiano among the players who will go to Ireland. :cool:

The Brazilian Manager also decided not to call any athletes from Cruzeiro and Santos. On February 17th Cruzeiro will be playing against Mexico's Santos Laguna for the Libertadores; and for the same competition, Santos will meet Guarani (from Paraguay) on the 18th (the exact date of Brazil's game).

The match in Dublin will serve as preparation for the game versus Paraguay on March 31st, for the 2006 World Cup Qualifiers.

The two teams have already met in three friendly games, with an advantage for Brazil. In 1974 they played on the Maracana and Brazil won by 2x1; and in 82 there was a match in Uberlandia when Brazil hammered the visitors by 7x0. The Irish won by 1x0 in 1987, in the same Dublin where they'll meet this year.

Check out the players who were called up:

Goalkeepers:

Dida (Milan)
Marcos (Palmeiras)

Wingbacks:

Cafu (Milan)
Belletti (Villarreal)
Roberto Carlos (Real Madrid)
Junior (Siena)

Central Defenders:

Edmilson (Lyon)
Lucio (Bayer Leverkusen)
Juan (Bayer Leverkusen)
Roque Junior (Siena)

Midfielders:

Emerson (Roma)
Gilberto Silva (Arsenal)
Julio Baptista (Sevilla)
Kleberson (Manchester United)
Juninho Paulista (Middlesbrough)
Juninho Pernambucano (Lyon)
Ze Roberto (Bayern de Munique)
Kaka (Milan)

Forwards/Strikers:

Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
Ronaldinho (Barcelona)
Adriano (Internazionale)
Luis Fabiano (Sao Paulo)
===================

I personally think we could try someone new on central defense... and Mancini is long overdue his chance. :undecide: Other than that, it's not a bad list... what do you think? :)

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Edmilson (Lyon)
Lucio (Bayer Leverkusen)
Juan (Bayer Leverkusen)
Roque Junior (Siena)
Julio Baptista (Sevilla)

We sure need to test some new players, I say give Alex and Luisão a chance. Roque Junior is not even playing well club wise let him settle at Siena first, Edmilson I have not seen much but I don´t like him. Juan is okay but Lucio is to hyped, not a bad player but takes too much risks.

Also why call Julio? Will he be played like he is played in Sevilla? I doubt so why even call him, we don´t need him to score goals. I rather see Dudu/Rochemback/Gilberto/Emmerson/JP

The good part?

Marcos (Palmeiras)
Gilberto Silva (Arsenal) he is doing better at Arsenal
Juninho Pernambucano (Lyon)
Kaka (Milan)
Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
Ronaldinho (Barcelona)
Adriano (Internazionale)
Luis Fabiano (Sao Paulo)

PS. WHERE THE HELL IS ALEX? HE IS WILLING TO CALL PLAYERS THAT ARE POOR AT CLUB LEVEL, BUT NOT GONA GIVE ALEX A CHANCE? :mad:

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Liternit said:
PS. WHERE THE HELL IS ALEX? HE IS WILLING TO CALL PLAYERS THAT ARE POOR AT CLUB LEVEL, BUT NOT GONA GIVE ALEX A CHANCE? :mad:
Garrincha said:
The Brazilian Manager also decided not to call any athletes from Cruzeiro and Santos. On February 17th Cruzeiro will be playing against Mexico's Santos Laguna for the Libertadores; and for the same competition, Santos will meet Guarani (from Paraguay) on the 18th (the exact date of Brazil's game).

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree that Benfica's Luisao deserves a call-up, but last I heard he was injured. :( Does anyone have more info about his current form?

Another def who has been doing pretty well and who might deserve a chance is Claudio Caçapa, Juninho's teammate in Lyon. ;)

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
sorry i just skimmed through your post! Just went straight to the call up and your comments.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Garrincha said:
I agree that Benfica's Luisao deserves a call-up, but last I heard he was injured. :( Does anyone have more info about his current form?

Another def who has been doing pretty well and who might deserve a chance is Claudio Caçapa, Juninho's teammate in Lyon. ;)
Do you have coverage of the French league? I have just seen him on CHL and Juninho was quite good. Nice to see him getting called, do you think Parreira will give a shot to Luisão and other players that are playing in not such popular leagues like him, Specially Dudu and Rochemback?

The way Kleberson is playing I think we need a new face, either Dudu or Rochemback.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Liternit said:
Do you have coverage of the French league? I have just seen him on CHL and Juninho was quite good. Nice to see him getting called, do you think Parreira will give a shot to Luisão and other players that are playing in not such popular leagues like him, Specially Dudu and Rochemback?

The way Kleberson is playing I think we need a new face, either Dudu or Rochemback.
No, I don't get the french league, but whenever I saw Caçapa on the CL he was good.

Parreira has mentioned Luisao more than once as one of Brazil's finest defenders, so he's definitely part of the plans; all he needs is to put his injury problems behind him. :thumbsup:

And Fabio Rochemback was mentioned by Parreira as one of the best things from our failed pre-Olympic campaign... but Fabio's disciplinary problem has not gone unnoticed either. I think he's on the radar as well, but he needs to clean up his act. ;)

But Dudu Cearense has really made a bad professional choice. Parreira explained once that calling players from Asian clubs is VERY difficult, because they arrive with inverted time-zones and huge jet-lag, creating all sorts of problems. Unfortunately, I doubt we'll see Dudu in the yellow shirt as long as he remains in Japan... :(

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Just send a video tape of Inter vs. Seina match and definitely Carlos Alberto will change his mind on RJ:yuck: I cant believe he has been called again:eek:
Just look how Recoba and Adriano outplayed RJ in every time they face him.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,489 Posts
With all do respect, I am kind of glad that RIVALDO was not called (I know he didn't get called because he now plays for Cruzeio) only because now we can see at least a sneak of what the OFFENSE for WC 06 will be like...

------------------------R. Gaucho (10)--------------------------

----------Adriano (11) or Kaka 7-------------Ronaldo-(9)-----------------

and I'm hoping Juninho Pernambucano plays!!!

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dagoods said:
With all do respect, I am kind of glad that RIVALDO was not called (I know he didn't get called because he now plays for Cruzeio) only because now we can see at least a sneak of what the OFFENSE for WC 06 will be like...

------------------------R. Gaucho (10)--------------------------

----------Adriano (11) or Kaka 7-------------Ronaldo-(9)-----------------

and I'm hoping Juninho Pernambucano plays!!!
I'd take Kaka upfront, instead of Adriano...

...but other than that, I have to agree 100% with you there, Dagoods. :mute: ;)

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
do you chaps know Doc Rule is a Dubliner :eek:

let's hope he doesn't accost Dida at your training pitch and demand that Dida admits he is a 'nonsense goalkeeper' :D

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Batigol9 said:
Just send a video tape of Inter vs. Seina match and definitely Carlos Alberto will change his mind on RJ:yuck: I cant believe he has been called again:eek:
Just look how Recoba and Adriano outplayed RJ in every time they face him.
I'm not saying that I would want Roque Junior back at Milan, although I'm grateful for his courage during the CL final. Still, be fair: marking Adriano is a nightmare for all but the very top defenders. As for Recoba, he's unstoppable when he's on form, which fortunately isn't too often.

Roque Junior had an awful time at Leeds, a bankrupt club with players being investigated for criminal conduct. He's barely had time to learn his new team-mates' names, let alone gel with the defense. No one could have stopped Recoba's free kick, and RJ slipped on the San Siro's horrible pitch for one of the goals. And remember that Siena, a small team with a limited bench, were playing their third game in one week.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
I hope we lose this game...

Julio Batista does not have any football to wear this shirt. Why not call Rockemback???

Beletti, Roque Jr and other mediocrities should not wear it also.

Common Robbie Keane.... score some past us so our manager can start taking things more seriously:eek: :fero: :devil: :devil: :devil:

·
Registered
594 Posts
"Julio Batista does not have any football to wear this shirt. Why not call Rockemback???"

Because Rochemback is pathetic . My mind is still adapting with the actual idea of Julio Baptista wearing the yellow shirt , but rochemback would be even worse . Much worse .

"Common Robbie Keane.... score some past us so our manager can start taking things more seriously"

That´s just stupid .

"not calling ailton and mancini is a crime!"

Ailton is not NT material . And mancini can´t play in a 4-4-2 .

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Mancini is a very powerful right winger
and perhaps one should adapt the system to the players
since we have problem with central defence
maybe a 3-5-2 or so

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Midfield proposal of Garrincha in other thread:

----------------------Gilberto Silva----------------------------
-----Juninho PE----------------------Ze Roberto------------
---------------------Ronaldinho Gaucho---------------------
------------------Ronaldo------------------Kaka----------------

Well
Offensively great suggestion :thumbsup:
My suggestion : Garrincha instead of Parreira :)

But perhaps need more defensively dedicated player to balance the team.
In my mind
Juninho PE will carry the midfield in balldistribution
I don’t know about his defensive abilities
but it will put very high demands on this

Is it time to test it?

·
Registered
594 Posts
"Mancini is a very powerful right winger
and perhaps one should adapt the system to the players
since we have problem with central defence
maybe a 3-5-2 or so"

Yes, we adapt our system to the playerS . Mancini is not that big , we won´t adapt our system just to make playable .

I´d go with garrincha´s midfield , but I think Parreira won´t be dropping kleberson(for a good reason) and rivaldo(so far, for his name only) any time soon.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Ivan,

Stupid to want Ireland to win?? that is the best thing.. much better tahn we win 5x0 and think everything is ok. Julio Batista is NOT OK.. Beletti the same and other players included.

No Mancine please in the NT. Good player and all but can't play 442.

Ailton is not NT material..... if he gets called up i simply will turn off the TV and refuse to watch him play.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts