Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is great choice. Oblak is a man of great football knowledge, he has authority and he could really have great influence on our young players. Once he said in an interview, that modern football is speed and that we need fast and explosive players (which I agree with). I am sure he will be able to find enough players that meet this criteria, together with good technical and tactical ability. I am also sure, that he will finally call Semler into U-21.

I think our U-21 will definitely improve with Oblak. Finally our FA made some decent decision. However, taking into consideration the fact, that our previous U-21 coach was the moron called Lucjo Pertic, making a decent decision in this case wasn't really difficult... :D

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Thank you God!!! :happy:

A wise decision indeed! Our youngsters are in a total mess and it was about time something was done about it as, afterall, they are our future and we will need this future quickly with our pretty much aging senior team.

And I'm sure he'll bring in Semler, Oblak is of course a Bundesliga fan and we all know where Borut hangs around :D

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
:cool: It's a great choice picking Oblak as U21 NT coach. This will be good for two reasons as I see it. Firstly our youngsters will finally get a good coach and also someone they can look up to, as we all know the legend Brane is. And secondly Brane will have the chance to know how things work as an NT selektor, he'll gain valluable expariences so that sometime in future he could take over our A NT.
I belive Brane can give a lot to the young NT, with his understanding of the game, his vision. I think he could prepare the young well for the harsh world of profesionalism.

And just one thing on Semler. I think he was being called up to the NT before too, it's just that at Bayern they weren't ready to let him go most of times. Here Branes connections could play their rolle.

Anyway lets hope Oblak can start making things happen for our younsters and U21.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
When will our youngsters have the next tournament or a friendly? I'm kind of curious who Brane will pick :nervous: :undecide: :hopefull:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I also agree with this decision :)

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
nina said:
When will our youngsters have the next tournament or a friendly? I'm kind of curious who Brane will pick :nervous: :undecide: :hopefull:
:confused: I dont know, I would presume probably the same time our A team plays next ;)

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Oblak selektor

Za selektorja mlade slovenske nogometne reprezentance je bil tudi uradno izbran Branko Oblak, ki se ga je v zadnjem èasu sicer veliko povezovalo z NK Ljubljana.

Branko Oblak je novi selektor slovenske mlade reprezentance (selekciji U20 in U21). To je bilo tudi uradno potrjeno na seji Izvršnega odbora (IO) Nogometne zveze Slovenije (NZS), ki je bila danes v Ljubljani. Za Oblaka so glasovali vsi prisotni èlani z izjemo Jožeta Rajha (MNZ Celje), ki se je vzdržal.

IO NZS je soglasno izglasoval tudi Miloša Rusa za selektorja reprezentanc U18 in U19, Branka Zupana reprezentanc U16 in U17 ter Zorana Cirkvenèièa kot selektorja ženskih selekcij.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oblak has finally been confirmed as our U20 and U21 selektor1 It's a great move as we allready agreed so lets now hope Brane turns things to the better!

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Well we shouldn't expect wonders in any way, but if he does 10% better it will be 100% better than under that idiot Pertic!:D

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Seems like Brane is taking his new job very seriously. The past weekend he gathered the U21 NT for a training and just to meet them and get to know them and so that the players got the chance to know each other. He will repeat this the coming weekend when the boys will have a few trainings and a friendly match with a youth team of Triestina (Italian Serie B team). He is planning to do this in the future also. He didn't call Semler, Dedic and Morec because it wouldn't make sense for them to come to a one days meeting.
This is a good thing I belive and I hope it will bring good results also!:thumbsup:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oblak v nedeljo zbral kandidate

Brane Oblak, najboljši slovenski nogometaš zadnjega petdesetletja in novi selektor mladih izbranih vrst do 20 in 21 let, je v nedeljo zveèer storil obljubljeno in zbral reprezentanène kandidate, ki prihajajo iz slovenskih klubov ("tujcev" Möreca, Dedièa in Semlerja razumljivo ni vpoklical). Prva prijateljska tekma jih namreè èaka že konec tega mesece (30. marca), v Velenju s sovrstniki iz Latvije, zato so se v Ankaranu zbrali z namenom, da bi se bolje spoznali in, da bi jim Brane razložil kaj bo v prihodnosti zahteval od njih.
V nedeljo zveèer so se dobili v ankaranškem hotelu in nato dopoldne odpotovali na trening v Trst, kjer so vadili na igrišèu z umetno travo in opravili dva treninga. Selektor je bil z videnim zadovoljen: "Namen je bil dosežen, videl sem igralce in ne bom se zmotil èe reèem, da so pravi." Legendarni Brane je še navedel razlog za nevpoklic "tujcev": "Igralcev iz tujine nisem klical, saj bi bilo nesmiselno, da bi se zaradi enega dneva vozili v Slovenijo."
Podobna akcija bo izpeljana že takoj naslednji vikend, ko naj bi se igralci spet dobili v nedeljo zveèer v Ankaranu, dopoldne opravili trening v Trstu in popoldne odigrali prijateljsko sreèanje s sovrstniki Triestine. Vsekakor gre pohvaliti take akcije in kot vse kaže Oblak nove funkcije ni vzel "z levo roko", saj so opazni že prvi pozitivni premiki. In glede na njegov odnos do mladih (kot vemo je v vsakem klubu kjer je delal na plano vrgel kakšnega mladega igralca) lahko upravièeno upamo, da bo pozitvnih premikov s strani legende slovenskega nogometa vse veè in bomo konèno lahko uživali tudi v dobrih igrah mlade reprezentance in posledièno dobili tudi kakšnega resnega kandidata za èlansko izbrano vrsto.

Seznam reprezentantov:

Vratarja:
S. Handanoviè (Domžale/Zagorje)
I. Neneziè (Triglav);

Obrambni igralci:
S. Berko (Triestina/Drava),
D. Hadžiè (Koper/Izola),
B. Iliè (Olimpija),
D. Kelhar (Publikum/ Krško),
R. Mariniè (Svoboda),
M. Šabiè (Izola/Koper) in
M. Šuler (Dravograd/Fužinar);

Zvezni igralci:
M. Božiè (Koper),
S. Božièiè (Koper/Izola),
M. Breèko (Factor/ Šmartno),
G. Gorinšek (Drava),
D. Komljenoviè (Maribor),
Z. Ljubijankiè (Domžale),
M. Mariè (Koper/ Tabor),
D. Matiè (Koper),
N. Omladiè (Šmartno),
D. Stevanoviè (Domžale),
D. Vršiè (Publikum)
L. Žinko (Factor/Šmartno);

Napadalci:
A. Mejaè (Mura),
J. Štromajer (Koper) in
M. Zatkoviè (Primorje/Bilje).

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Yes, with shuch moves you get the players to trust you, to belive in you, you get them on your side and that can only have a positive effect on their performances. It says in the article that Brane was always a player that fancied youngsters, and now he got the chance to work with them. He was once a great player, one of the best of his time, vastly experienced and now I hope he'll pass some of those to the youngsters he'll be coaching.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Walter BC said:
Yes, with shuch moves you get the players to trust you, to belive in you, you get them on your side and that can only have a positive effect on their performances. It says in the article that Brane was always a player that fancied youngsters, and now he got the chance to work with them. He was once a great player, one of the best of his time, vastly experienced and now I hope he'll pass some of those to the youngsters he'll be coaching.
As do I, this can only bring out positives in my opinion :D Such meetings should be smiled upon ;)

BTW: Do you know when is the first competitive match for our U-21's? I will be paying closer attention now :happy: ;)

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Well they play on the 30th of this month against Latvia in Velenje. We will than see if there was any progress.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
U-21 national team defeated Triestina U-21

U-21 national team of Slovenia made a short preparations at the seaside and played one friendly match against Triestina in Trieste. Coach Brane Oblak(on photo) gahthered 24 players who candidate for 18 places in the team. Slovenian players defeated Italian team with 9:0 (4:0). Best scorer for Slovenia was Jaka Štromajer with four goals: Other scorers for Slovenia were Vršiè (twice), Zatkoviè, Omladiè and Gorinšek. Slovenia U-21 will play friendly match against Latvia on March 31 in Velenje.

NZS

1 - 17 of 17 Posts