Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are obviously anti-Rangers rags, just look at the retractions they've had to print below. Why is everyone against us? Or am I being paranoid? :howler: ;)

Papers Admit Misleading Fan Ban Stories

THE HERALD and Daily Record have both printed retractions after they ran highly misleading articles on Friday, April 1 regarding 28 fans suspended from Ibrox for standing during matches. Both papers linked the bans with sectarianism, which was grossly unfair to the supporters concerned. Following discussions with the Club, they have since acknowledged their error and printed a retraction.

The Record wrote-

"In yesterday's Daily Record, we stated that 28 fans, including three teachers, had been banned from Ibrox. The fans season tickets were suspended under safety regulations after they ignored repeated warnings from stewards to sit down during matches. The Daily Record is happy to point out that the suspensions have nothing to do with bigotry.

Rangers Head of Safety Laurence Macintyre said: "The fact that they were closely observed over a protracted period at our match on March 5 and only dealt with for breaching safety regulations should be a clear signal to everyone that they certainly weren't signing inappropriate songs."

The Herald wrote -

"In an article published in the Herald on April 1 under the heading 'Teachers In Ibrox Ban as Club Acts on Sectarian' we mistakenly gave the impression that the suspension of 28 season ticket holders by Rangers Football Club was linked to the singing of sectarian songs and racist chants. We have been asked to point out that the fans had their season tickets suspended for breaching safety regulations by repeatedly standing during games and we are happy to do so."

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
No chivo, you're right, they are all against us. The Herald and Graham Spiers in particular. No-one likes us, we don't care ;).

·
Registered
897 Posts
I remember reading that. The big headline on fans banned for sectarianism then once I read the article it was about fans being banned for standing!

I dont buy any newspapers I just read them all online :D

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
annax said:
I dont buy any newspapers I just read them all online :D
Smart Cookie. As a Rangers supporter I urge you not to read the papers, listen to the radio or watch TV. Everyone is out to get us and they don't care what lengths they take to do it. I am taking a risk just posting this because no doubt the anti-Rangers authorities will be logging me IP, locating me, wiping me out and then my family too for not being a Celtic fan. We're all doomed in the blue half of the city!

Seriously though, that is a seriously screwed up mindset to live in. I'd honestly, hand on heart, hate to have that perception of the world I lived in . I'm quite glad I do reside in reality. ;)

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
That's the price you guys pay for supporting a team the size of Rangers (for whatever reasons). Whether you like it or not a proportion of your support is made up of glory hunters who lose the rag fairly easily and if a small percentage of them buy the paper to rage at the stories, it's still more than the entire home support of say Arbroath.

In saying that the Tayside Tattler did once print a disparaging story about the Red Lichties under the hard hitting headline "Angry fan drops pie and kicks dog!!", Once the 11 Arbroath fans stopped buying the publication and its circulation halved and they were forced into a hasty apology, so maybe your plan will be effective although I'm not in favour of censorship and enjoy the chance to rip into the OF at every opportunity. :D

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
I think your going a bit too drastic by wanting to boycott both papers (yes im aware of the irony of me being a celtic fan and wanting to boycott the record but may i point out that i thought it was stupid)

I mean it could be worse, it's just pretty childish but hey if your happy then cool...i quite frankly couldnt give a damn what the paper said as long as i was top of the league...which you are....for now, so dont let silly little paper stories worry you and start working out how you'll try and beat us

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I don't think anyone is seriously talking about boycotting the papers shieldos. I buy the Record most days and although i'm not proud of that fact, broadsheets are too big for me to read during lectures. And i'd never buy The Sun...

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
well i thought that by the heading of the topic you were seriously thinking of boycotting the papers, just what i thought but they your club your rules

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
shieldos_s9 said:
I think your going a bit too drastic by wanting to boycott both papers (yes im aware of the irony of me being a celtic fan and wanting to boycott the record but may i point out that i thought it was stupid)

I mean it could be worse, it's just pretty childish but hey if your happy then cool...i quite frankly couldnt give a damn what the paper said as long as i was top of the league...which you are....for now, so dont let silly little paper stories worry you and start working out how you'll try and beat us
Shieldos, you're a refreshing voice of reason. Are you sure you're an Old Firm fan? ;)

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
shieldos_s9 said:

It was just a bit of a laugh to be honest and poking fun at sites like CSA. I'm glad you think boycott's are a stupid idea as I am of the same view. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
The Judge said:
Shieldos, you're a refreshing voice of reason. Are you sure you're an Old Firm fan? ;)
lol yes i am sure im a celtic fan, it's just i dont take everythign the media says about us too seriously :smileani:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts