Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this weekend will have a derbywith almost no supporters.

Sao Paulo x Corinthians will be an emptied derby and the federation does not decrease the price of the tickets... talk about a mega fiasco policy;)

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
Did the quality of service provided in the SP stadiums increase, along with the ticket prices? Because I do think our tickets are relatively cheap, but so is the service offered by most Brasilian stadiums. Many stadiums here don't offer parking spaces, confortable or numbered seats, frequently the bathrooms are dingy cesspools...

From that perspective, the old ticket prices were more than fair. I do believe that an improvement on the service should be reflected on ticket prices (and forcing the price down to R$5 in the "geral" is just irresponsible populism IMHO). But dramatically increasing ticket prices and offering nothing in return is absurd, that's self-evident.

·
Administrator
29,698 Posts
HOWEVER,

Remember those damn bastards are going to charge 20,00 for the Brasileirao too. Outrageous.

A hint - PVC defended the price of the tickets because it could be as going to cinema - and he said the cinema is 14,00. However, here in Belo Horizonte it can be 3,00 or 5,00 and you sit in confortable chairs, in rooms with fresh air, there is no confusion to buy or enter, the toilets are clean, the floor is clean, the quality of the sound and screen are (if not top) very good. Is there any stadium to claim such thing ? And if In Belo Horizonte you can charge 5 or 10,00 using the movies as basis, what make right to charge the different vallue anywhere else ?
Then, they ask why no one goes in the stadium. It is bad marketing.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
JCamilo said:
HOWEVER,

Remember those damn bastards are going to charge 20,00 for the Brasileirao too. Outrageous.
I don't know, but to me it does not sound too expensive. Of course, for an average Brazilian citizen, this may be a totally different matter. Tickets for slovenian first division matches are more or less the same price, but the quality they offer for the same money is way below brazilian second division.

A hint - PVC defended the price of the tickets because it could be as going to cinema - and he said the cinema is 14,00. However, here in Belo Horizonte it can be 3,00 or 5,00 and you sit in confortable chairs, in rooms with fresh air, there is no confusion to buy or enter, the toilets are clean, the floor is clean, the quality of the sound and screen are (if not top) very good. Is there any stadium to claim such thing ? And if In Belo Horizonte you can charge 5 or 10,00 using the movies as basis, what make right to charge the different vallue anywhere else ?
In cinema, you have to be quiet. ;):D

·
Administrator
29,698 Posts
20,00 is about 10% of brazilian mininum wage (which is what more than 50% of the population receives).
If you really think that apart does not seem much (even if with that you can buy milk for a month, or dinner for a week) but when you think, there is also expenses with transportation (which may add about 3,00 to luck bus users to 8,00-15,00 to car users) and you are expected to use money during the match with food and drinks (put another 5,00 -6,00. Remember the club wants money ? In Germnay they want to change the interval from 15 minutes to 20 minutes to the public buy more stuff. Here we want less public in the stadium, less consumers. Then we cry the TV screw up everything, that we can compete with europe:rolleyes: ).
Then, you have to think that a team plays 4 time each month in his house. At least. So you use 80,00 to 120,00 to yourself every month (in a country where the majority of the population earns about 250,00)...
Still think it works ? However you build a markets of consumers with families - this mean the father must take his kids to the field ,so in 10 years you have another bunch of consumers faithful to your product (i say father-son because it is footbal, male product), this means a father to take his son would use about 160,00 - 240,00 , in other words- the majority of brazilian population would have to work to go to the stadium. Very smart. Then they complain the stadiums are empty, that people prefer tv and tv rule them, that no one buy stuff they would produce. Very very smart.

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
I hope that half of all Brasilian clubs go bankrupt as soon as possible. :yuck:

Maybe then, the other half will learn something...

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
JCamilo said:
20,00 is about 10% of brazilian mininum wage (which is what more than 50% of the population receives).
If you really think that apart does not seem much (even if with that you can buy milk for a month, or dinner for a week) but when you think, there is also expenses with transportation (which may add about 3,00 to luck bus users to 8,00-15,00 to car users) and you are expected to use money during the match with food and drinks (put another 5,00 -6,00. Remember the club wants money ? In Germnay they want to change the interval from 15 minutes to 20 minutes to the public buy more stuff. Here we want less public in the stadium, less consumers. Then we cry the TV screw up everything, that we can compete with europe:rolleyes: ).
Then, you have to think that a team plays 4 time each month in his house. At least. So you use 80,00 to 120,00 to yourself every month (in a country where the majority of the population earns about 250,00)...
Still think it works ? However you build a markets of consumers with families - this mean the father must take his kids to the field ,so in 10 years you have another bunch of consumers faithful to your product (i say father-son because it is footbal, male product), this means a father to take his son would use about 160,00 - 240,00 , in other words- the majority of brazilian population would have to work to go to the stadium. Very smart. Then they complain the stadiums are empty, that people prefer tv and tv rule them, that no one buy stuff they would produce. Very very smart.
I understand your point perfectly. I apologize, I didn't want to sound disrespectful... :depress:

·
Administrator
29,698 Posts
No, I never saw your post as lack of respect. If you see any short of revolt in my words are not towards you but those morons who have no respect for your society.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
JCamilo said:
No, I never saw your post as lack of respect. If you see any short of revolt in my words are not towards you but those morons who have no respect for your society.
OK, thanks, I am glad to read that. :cool:

·
Registered
5,571 Posts
I guess you'd be glad to know that Edmundo gave a sweet pass for a goal yesterday.
He would score a beautiful goal himself after a terrific one-two, if the linesmen didn't call an offsides that didn't happen...

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
end3r7 said:
I guess you'd be glad to know that Edmundo gave a sweet pass for a goal yesterday.
He would score a beautiful goal himself after a terrific one-two, if the linesmen didn't call an offsides that didn't happen...
Thanks for the info, although I would be much happier to see him do that in Vasco shirt... ;)

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
20 reais is a rip off for brazilian standards.

The people who normally go to stadiums in Brazil are lower class people. Upper class people will have better things to do than go to a stadium on a sunday afternoon.

And you go to the stadium you get beaten up by the police, sit in a rough concrete seat and have to be facing the sun sweating like hell. How can you charge 20 Reais for that?? PLEASE

PAtrick,

What are you on about?:confused:

·
Administrator
29,698 Posts
hey patrick, check out the 2004 result topics, i am trying to post the results of games here , all of them.

Hey, Ze.
One point to taken - Gavioes da Fiel doing this is great. If all those organizations have done such actions everytime they screwed up with our footbal our clubs and federations would not be in the dark hole they are now.

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Jcamilo,

Gavioes normally do cool actions in all fronts, whether it is in campaigns to support the club, social, carnival or protesting. But unfortunately the press don't put it on the papers:( ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts