Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need a thread for the boxing since it's been an interesting roller coaster ride despite all the controversies.

The best boxer by far of the tournament has to be Ukrainian Vasyl Lomachenko. The guy looks like the complete package. He stopped his French opponent in the first round. He'd make a great pro.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Hopefully Cammarelle gets Gold tomorrow, looked good so far, but he faces a Chinese :moan: Russo got Silver and Picardi bronze so far, and so a Gold will make this one of Italy;s better Olympics in the fighting events (Gold in Wrestling and Judo, Silver in Taekwondo too).

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
LOL Zhang Xiaoping or whatever his name is has to be the worst ever boxer to win a Gold medal. 4 Terrible judging rounds delivered him that medal on a plate.

Thankfully Cammarelle made sure the judges didnt have to affect the score because he just battered the Heavyweight Zhang.

·
Super
4,283 Posts
I don't know why you bother to watch boxing in the Olympics. That's not a real boxing. Real boxers don't wear helmets and real boxing doesn't just fight 4 rounds. Gotta fight 12 rounds to decide the outcome. They need to get rid of that sport in the Olympics.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
WTF Rammstein, you'll also find "real boxers" fight once every 6 months rather then 10 times in two weeks like the Olympians. They wear helmets because if they took that many hits over two weeks they'd end up brain damaged.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Nice to see the US have such a good team sent to the boxing by the way :D 1 Bronze medal and even he was a joke who had an easier first 2 rounds :pp

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Wow, amateur boxing powerhouse Cuba didn't win one single gold medal. I wonder how that happened...:rollani:

I didn't see any sort of controversial bouts in Athens. Now, they all magically pop up in Beijing. Disgusting...

·
Administrator
29,411 Posts
Meh, I do not recall a single Olympic game without complaints about boxing and Cuba is clearly suffering a process of decandency (For the first time in years they went behind Brazil in the medal table and in the last Pan-American that also happened).
Overall, Every single country complains about favoritism of judges in the fighting competitions (boxing, judo, taekendo) or rhytim gym or any other that requires judgement.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Meh, I do not recall a single Olympic game without complaints about boxing and Cuba is clearly suffering a process of decandency (For the first time in years they went behind Brazil in the medal table and in the last Pan-American that also happened).
Overall, Every single country complains about favoritism of judges in the fighting competitions (boxing, judo, taekendo) or rhytim gym or any other that requires judgement.
There shall always be complaints about judging, I agree about that. But the amount of shambolic scoring has hit it's peak in Beijing. Numerous bouts looked downright rigged. Boonjumnong v Igelsias, Xiaoping vs Berbetiev, and so on. The past two Olympics did have not awful scoring like this Olympic games.

Cuba's current boxing team is not as great as previous teams, but they're still miles better than all the other national teams. When they don't even have one gold medal, you've got to wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts