Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
doesnt look like the threads been started yet

Anyway no Duff for this match and this is one of them matches Chelsea may need to scrape through again though!

As long as they get the 3 points here the fans should be happy

prediction: 0-2 - Mutu, Crespo

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Its 2-1 to Charton so far. :eek: Terry scored for Chelsea.

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

Stick the blue flag up your ass! Right up your ass! :devil:

·
1st Tier Poster
49,700 Posts
Game ended 4-2 to Charlton.Surprising result indeed.

Match report:

Charlton 4-2 Chelsea

Charlton delivered a massive blow to Chelsea's Premiership hopes with a stunning victory at The Valley.
Claudio Ranieri's expensively-assembled side were on the slide after Hermann Hreidarsson's header inside 45 seconds.

John Terry equalised, but goals either side of half-time by Matt Holland and Jonatan Jonhansson proved decisive.

Jason Euell added Charlton's fourth, and Eidur Gudjohnsen's strike proved no consolation for miserable Chelsea.

And Ranieri will have been furious at the way his much-vaunted defence collapsed in spectacular style in the face of an outstanding Charlton display.

Charlton got the perfect start after only 42 seconds as Chelsea set the tone for a show of alarming defensive vulnerability.

Paolo di Canio's corner found Hreidarsson unmarked to flick a header beyond Carlo Cudicini.

KEY MOMENTS
42 secs: Hermann Hreidarsson heads Charlton in front
9 mins: John Terry puts Chelsea level
34 mins: Matt Holland heads Charlton back in front
47 mins: Jonatan Johansson extends Charlton's lead
53 mins: Jason Euell puts Charlton further ahead
72 mins: Eidur Gudjohnsen pulls a goal back for Chelsea

Chelsea's response came after nine minutes, when a delightful free-kick from Adrian Mutu was glanced past Dean Kiely by Terry.

Joe Cole wasted a great chance to put Chelsea ahead when he shot wildly over the top from 12 yards - but after that it was a very swift journey downhill for Ranieri's side.

Di Canio was involved again as Charlton restored their advantage in the 34th minute.

The Italian's dummy set up Johansson, and his cross was met powerfully by Holland, who rose above Marcel Desailly to head home.

Chelsea were stung again at the start of the second half, when more trickery from Di Canio deceived Terry, and he provided the perfect cross for Johansson to score easily from inside the six-yard box.

Ranieri's defence was in pieces, and it was no surprise when Euell added a fourth after 53 minutes.

Wayne Bridge's wild clearance allowed Euell to escape Terry's attention to slide a composed finish past Cudicini.

Chelsea were in disarray, but substitute Eidur Gudjohnson gave them slim hope when he pulled a goal back with 18 minutes.

It led to a belated revival from Chelsea in the closing stages, but the damage was already done and Charlton's supporters revelled in the victory, with the veteran Di Canio being substituted late on to a standing ovation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlton: Kiely, Kishishev, Perry, Fortune, Hreidarsson, Holland, Parker, Euell, Stuart, Di Canio, Johansson. Subs: Royce, Powell, Fish, Konchesky, Campbell-Ryce.

Chelsea: Cudicini, Johnson, Terry, Desailly, Bridge, Gronkjaer, Lampard, Makelele, Cole, Hasselbaink, Mutu. Subs: Sullivan, Gallas, Geremi, Melchiot, Gudjohnsen.

bbc

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Now there's a shock result :eek: , but full credit to Charlton. They have already beat the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea- they certainly are proving they can hang with the 'big boys'..

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Uhhh yick, boxing day jinx yet again.

Anyway here's who I slag off..

Marcel Desially... yuck, horrible, poor.... get Gallas and Jt back together, records show that they're better.

Glen Johnson - Horrible, needs a rest... to young

Makelele - Kept on giving the ball away, due to being closed down

Gronkjaer - Inafftective, but only on for 45 minutes.

Lampard - Did nothing ;O?

Hasselbaink - What did he do?

Only players to coem out with any credit are Mutu... constant threat. Joe Cole, also a threat and #1 Eidur Gudjohnsen. We have to pick it up form now!

·
Registered
7,513 Posts
You see you can only beat the crap teams like Fulham on bad form. :eek:

Did Mutu have any goal scoring chances, Jack?

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Di Canio is the best player to not play for a major team in such a long time

what a player, his skills are awesome and his technique!!!

Mutu is finding it hard, he doesnt get himself into enough scoring positions because he goes back for the ball too much as Joe Cole was useless today, They obviously needed Duff, but then again going forward Chelsea were good!!

Desailly is a liability! Terry had an off game, Johnson isnt that great yet and Bridge is still too weak even if he has a good left foot!

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Your defence today was a joke. Desailly should never start before Gallas, and none of you midfielders were coming back to defend, so charlton had so much time on hte ball. Di canio made terry look like a fool.
Btw why wasnt crespo playing? if he isnt injured the guy needs to play, if you give him like 10 games in a row he will score loads. you cant play him one game, and bench him the next.

And also you should play mutu further up the field, because your wasting his goalscoring threat.

Chelsea need to get back on track soon, so that they dont lose ground on Utd and the arse

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
WOW ... what a defeat! But everybody has a really bad day from time to time. I guess now they WILL buy Nedved :)

Too bad I didn't see the game, do you know any sites where I can see the highlights ?

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Mutu was a threat, hedidn't get to many chances. Maybe just one where he could have scored Andrei.

However he did what we haven't seen enough of, asert himself. He took all the free kicks and tried to run the game, he also showed us his great skill and pace.

I think he's gonna be dropped (rested?) for Portsmouth, wich is unfortunate because i'd liek to see him play at the top of the diamond behind Eidur and Crespo,

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mutu was a threat indeed, but he did his threatning stuff to far away from goal

IF he does that in the last 20 then he will score more, but he had to go back too much so he wasnt able to do this

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
:thumbsup:

That's right. I can see why alot of Italian fans say he's best in left midfield.

Go Mutu.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Did Jimmy play in this game? I don't see his name on the game reports as all. Quite odd.

Do you know a site with the video highlights for the game ?

PS: I finally subscribed at Chelsea TV online. I thought it was nto free, but they have a free service :)

PS2: I just *clicked* on the link after I logged in and it said subscribe for the highlights. Damn these people! :) They don't even let you see the highlights for free. For a subscrition I would expect to see the whole game, not a silly highlight.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
eugenius said:
Did Jimmy play in this game? I don't see his name on the game reports as all. Quite odd.

Do you know a site with the video highlights for the game ?

PS: I finally subscribed at Chelsea TV online. I thought it was nto free, but they have a free service :)

PS2: I just *clicked* on the link after I logged in and it said subscribe for the highlights. Damn these people! :) They don't even let you see the highlights for free. For a subscrition I would expect to see the whole game, not a silly highlight.
You have to pay for the good stuff ;). Occasionally they have interviews for free though.

Ps Jimmy did play and he was utter garbage, he can't do anything apart from score unfortunately.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts