Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IT aint the most easiest thing following boxing from here in Holland :eek:

Only thing I get to see live are the German fights with the fraudulant judges:howler: like that super middleweight who beat Reid and that Polish German guy.

Other than that I have to do with the BBC with its highlights of some big fights and obviously the Fraud.

Than eurosport with it's so called heavyweight explosions with guys like Shannon Briggs :howler:

Dutch TV doesn't have any coverage whatsoever! not even our IBO champs like Joval got shown. So much so that he's decided to head to the States. REgilio Tuur, ex WBO welterweight champ, only got shown on a pay per view channel which back in that time (94/95) had only 45000 subscribers!!!!!

So how is the boxing coverage in your country? surely better than her! :eek:

D

·
0 Posts
Sky Sports have become VERY GOOD at covering boxing, They get most of the big fights, and the ones they don't get tend to be shown on BBC on the night after the fight.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
Sky Sports have become VERY GOOD at covering boxing, They get most of the big fights, and the ones they don't get tend to be shown on BBC on the night after the fight.
Also channel 5 usually show a fight of the week every Sunday night.

D

·
0 Posts
I can't get Channel 5 in my house anymore, if i want to watch it I've to go to this real shitty pub in the city centre.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Doc_Rule said:
I can't get Channel 5 in my house anymore, if i want to watch it I've to go to this real shitty pub in the city centre.
Big loss I see:tongue:

Saying that if they had the budget they could really pick up on Boxing and show those midcards that arnt shown in the UK like the Grigorian-Freitas recently. I think its a rewarding market if used correctly.

·
Registered
10,390 Posts
Well Panama according to Juan Carlos Tapia
the owner of this site www.lomejordelboxeo.com
has the best boxing covarage around thw world.
WE get to see live the most important fights,
on National TV wothout paying a penny for the covarage.

On thrursday nites we can watch most of the
world championship fights during the last weeks.

The guy above claims to have the biggest boxing
library in the world. After all we had 20 ex box champs
ppl just cant enough of boxing down here.

D

·
0 Posts
Maz said:
Big loss I see:tongue:

Saying that if they had the budget they could really pick up on Boxing and show those midcards that arnt shown in the UK like the Grigorian-Freitas recently. I think its a rewarding market if used correctly.
Yeah fair point. I'd like to see BBC get fights like Grigorian-Freitas, they provide good coverage IMO and if they are willing to waste money on showing Fraudley Harrison then I can't see why they won't pay to show world class fighters like Freitas.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Just checked the Sky listings for upcomming bouts to be shown and they got some quite good coverage lined up for the start of the year.

Sat Jan 24 British/Commonwealth Heavyweight titles
Danny Williams v Michael Sprott SS1 20.00 Wembley

Sun Feb 1 WBO Welterweight title
Antonio Margarito v Hercules Kyvelos
IBF Bantamweight title
Rafael Marquez v Peter Frissina SS2 08.30 Phoenix, Arizona

Sat Feb 7 English Heavyweight title
Matt Skelton v Julius Francis

Sat Feb 21 WBO Super-Middleweight title
Joe Calzaghe v Mger Mkrtchian
WBU Cruiserweight title
Enzo Maccarinelli v Garry Delaney SS1 20.00 Cardiff

Sun Feb 29 WBC Super-Featherweight title
Jesus Chavez v Erik Morales
WBC International Light-Welterweight title
Miguel Cotto v Victoriano Sosa SS2 08.30 Las Vegas

Sat Mar 6 WBO Featherweight title
Scott Harrison v William Abelyan

All they got to do is sort out the Toney-Mccline and Kostya fights at its all gravy
:cool:

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Sky coverage is pretty good and the BBC isnt bad as Ive managed to see the likes of Froch quite a few times through them.

Maz, thanks for the listing, some fights will be of interest but not the likes of Francis or Williams who it has to be said are just bums.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Hoseman said:
Maz, thanks for the listing, some fights will be of interest but not the likes of Francis or Williams who it has to be said are just bums.
For the world scene they can be classed bums and for the domestic scene Francis is now, but for Skelton to boast his name ive included that match. Dont get me wrong, i dont believe Skelton will get past the domestic scene but having Danny and Skelton win could set up a big domestic scene clash as Hide has gone quiet.

Btw, BBC is showing Gatti Vs Branco. If you look on boxrec at brancos record theres no reason in watching this fight;) (not the win record but his opponents and match length)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts