Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sir Alex Ferguson could be out of pocket if Cristiano Ronaldo maintains his excellent recent goalscoring form.

The pair have a wager on Ronaldo reaching 15 goals this season, and the Portuguese winger has improved his chances of winning with six goals in five games, taking his tally to ten.

The 21-year-old’s equaliser in the 2-1 win over Wigan on Monday was his tenth goal of the season, and leaves him 11 games to get five goals and win what has become an annual bet.

Ronaldo scored six goals in his first season with United in 2003/04. Hoping to entice more goals from the former Sporting Lisbon winger, Sir Alex challenged his £12.5million signing to score ten goals in 2004/05. He narrowly missed out, scoring his ninth goal in the FA Cup final.

Sir Alex reckons it will be another close call, but says this year Ronaldo may leave his wallet a little bit lighter.

"I won last year," the boss says in the latest United magazine, "even though he tried to tell me his penalty in FA Cup final shoot-out counted. I was having none of that!

"But I'd be happy to lose the bet, and his recent goals mean I might lose my money this season.”

The latest issue of United is on sale now, priced £3.50. Subscribe here >>

Report by Ben Hibbs.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
man utd forever said:
"I won last year," the boss says in the latest United magazine, "even though he tried to tell me his penalty in FA Cup final shoot-out counted. I was having none of that!
:howler: :howler: :howler:

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
With his current form, anything is possible :).

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
haha @ jern

speaking of the ugly siblings, who are more minging: the nevilles or the ferdinands?

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Jern that's really funny :howler:

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
_lauren_ said:
anton isnt that bad looking!
and neither is phil
after seeing you post a pic of both gareth gates and michael jackson, ive decided not to take anything you post seriously anymore :veiled:

anton looks like a greyhound. phil looks..... hes just mingin..

anyway, i would much rather be talking about the french lady :nerd:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts