Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Star Player
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jeeez, the news comes quick today!

Michael Laudrup has, as you probably know, decided not to extend his contract beyound the WC. Today his replacement was announced : Former Vejle Manager Kjeld Bordinggard. :eek:

Bordinggard is on contract until June 2004.

Somewhat surprising for me. I thought Bordinggaard was the next OB manager. On the positive side, he's known for technical attacking football, which is also NT manager Morten Olsens preferred style of play. I'm unsure wheter Bordinggaard is experienced enough, but Laudrup didn't have any jobexperience at all, so I don't see a problem there. Overall a wise move by DBU :)

·
Star Player
3,264 Posts
It was quite a shocker, yes.:) I didn't expect Bordinggaard to be a candidate for the job but here we are. Kjeld is the assistant-coach for the NT. :)

I think it's a good move by DBU, not only does he have a lot of experience as a player, he's also a "diplomat" much like Michael Laudrup. Morten Olsen is known as a coach with strong opinions about football and his players. Often too strong. ;)

He's the one that screams at the players from the sidelines whereas Laudrup has a more calm approach. Bordinggaard is the same type of person, so I think they will compliment each other well and create a "balance" both in training but also when the NT plays important games. So all in all, I think it will benefit the NT since Laudrup decided to call it quits. :)

·
Star Player
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pssst, Jacob...here's the money;) :D

·
Star Player
3,264 Posts
Pep said:
pssst, Jacob...here's the money;) :D
thanks, Pep...just as we talked about. :D

Couldn't leave you hanging here on your first day.;)
I would have replied sooner, but since I'm the laziest mofo around, I didn't come in here all day. :tongue:

·
Star Player
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No prob. Jacob. Just expect me to Pm you constantly, reminding you of your patriotic duty! :dielaugh:

·
Star Player
3,264 Posts
Pep said:
No prob. Jacob. Just expect me to Pm you constantly, reminding you of your patriotic duty! :dielaugh:
:wth:

Oh, what the hell! Go ahead, Pep. :D Just keep creating topics that no one else will reply to and I'll be there in a flash! :dielaugh:

·
Star Player
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a deal! :)

·
Rising Star & XCC Winner 2002
868 Posts
Well, I think it is quite sad! I was really looking forward to having Bordinggaard in :star:OB:star: :depress:

Nah, seriously I think he is a surprising but good choice. He values technically good football and he knows how to handle young nervous players.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
This was quite a shocker for me too....I see your points with him being much the same calm type as Michael, but I still don't believe he has the experience. But maybe I will be proven wrong, hopefully I'll say :).

·
Star Player
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
True DBOY, but keep in mind that Laudrup had zero coaching experience when he took the job. :)

Ane, got any ideas of who's the frontrunner for the OB job now? surely not...:eek: Viggo Jensen?

·
Rising Star & XCC Winner 2002
868 Posts
Pep, the 3 hottest names in the rumour mill at the moment is Viggo Jensen, Tommy Møller Nielsen and Uffe Pedersen.

Tommy Møller Nielsen: Thanks but no thanks! I don't know that much about him actually but I've heard him comment some games and it sounds to me like he takes after his father. That is not the kind of football I want in OB.

Uffe Pedersen: I don't really know this guy. He is the former coach of Svendborg and apperently very good at spotting talents. I don't know, but it looks like a step back to me.

Viggo Jensen: I really don't like him or the way he wants his teams to play. But on the other hand I do remember what happened the last time we had him back in 1995. Of the 3 mentioned I would prefer him, but I hope not...

Now that Poul Hansen and Keld Bordinggaard are out of the picture I would like former AaB coach Poul Erik Andreasen.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
But then again Pep, Laudrup has a tiny bit more experience from international soccer than Bordingaard ;)....

·
Star Player
4,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those are horrible candidates Ane!:(

Out of those I'd go with Viggo, but maybe the new management has some ambitions and want to go for a bigger name?

Not to bash Viggo. I respect his work, but IMO he's better at....smaller clubs.:)

DBOY ; right. I'm just going to drop the name Brian Robson here ;) Not every great player becomes a great coach. You cannot be sure that Laudrup will either :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts