Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's no longer the coach of China.. Should we go after him ? I think we should give Dejo a chance in these qualifiers and then for WC 2006 try out best to get Bora (which won't be too easy).. Dejo seems to have established a good relationship with the players and eventhough some of his choices have been poor, he should stay..

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Bora said he was before the tournament. I was happy with dejo's appointment and we need stability. He has had a few good results and is sorting the team out to his liking. I think if our first few results are bad, we should try to get Bora in or Radi Antic he always seems to be successful.

What do you think our team should be for the first game against italy?

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
If he wanted th post, he would have been the coach long time ago. :)

But he is the medicine we need. NOW. Dejo might become a great coach one day, but now we need a guy who will remind ovu rastimovanu bandu :tongue: how to play as a team.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would use a 3-5-2 against the Italians

-----------------------Jevric----------------------
----Mirkovic------Mihajlovic---------Dragutinovic
---------------------Duljaj---------------------
--------Lazetic-----Deki--------Djordjevic
-------------------Mijatovic------------
------------Kezman--------Bogavac

Kezman and Bogavac would be a dynamic duo.. Both very fast players that would create havoc for opposing defenses.. Miha and Mijat are only there cause Dejo will select them whether we like it or not..

·
Premium Member
27,256 Posts
ALL WE ARE SAAAAYING, IS GIVE DEJO A CHANCE....:D

Seriously, let's just let Dejo give it a go and see what happens. PFC's team is good, Miha and Mijat are definitely there and we can't do anything about it. Actually, if Mijat picks up his form (don't rule that option out), he might even be an asset to the team.
Let him play an hour or so, same as Miha, and then replace them with Ilic and Djorovic(Bunjevcevic).

The Italians as far as I'm concerned haven't shown much in this WC and I have a feeling we can give them a run for their money.

I mean if 'some' countries can I'm quite sure we can as well...:D

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
PFC said:
and red cards to Totti, Vieri, Nesta, Maldini would help as well ! :D
I thought we are talking about linesman only???:confused: :D :tongue:

If the ref is a Dane, than it's a completly different story:tongue:

PS. Just Nesta & Canna is more than enough;) Totti, on a good day, plays for opponent:D :tongue:

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Quick thing on Bora Milutinovic. He is a great coach as I've seen him here with the US NT, Costa Rica, as well as Mexico. His qualities at least how he shows himself to the press is that he is tough but fair, and he is a very POSTIVE guy. A guy that motivates his players to the point that they believe they are the best team in the world.

Now....here is the problem, and its nothing major, but I believe that he is a guy that wants coach those teams such as Mexico, China, Costa Rica, the US where it is victory enough to make it to the next round, and anything after that is gravy. I'm not sure if he would coach a "big" squad such as say a Brazil, France, or Yugoslavia where bigger things are expected.

But...I think he would be the perfect coach for Yugoslavia, soon to be Serbia and Montenegro, because he is good with the young players, knows how to deal with the older players, and on top of that knows how to deal with the egos as well.....I don't think any country can go wrong with him as the coach...

One more problem...can he please get a haircut...he looks like the 5th Beatle....;)

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
One more problem...can he please get a haircut...he looks like the 5th Beatle....
:D

But true.:)

He's great with teams that are just coming out, so to say:) He's good with building a team. And that's what we need:);)

·
Registered
23,488 Posts
Bora would be good, but the problem is we don't have that kind of money to afford him, and there are other teams with more money, willing to give him practically whatever he wants to coach them
Bora for SiCG would be great, especially in Euro 2004 qualifiers where many of our youngsters such as Ilic, Ivic, Bogovac, Gvozdenovic, etc. will have their chances to excel and get used to playing serious football for the NT :)

NAPRED BORAAA ;) :D

·
Registered
6,820 Posts
Boras nick (milo or something) is registered trade mark in China:eek: :D

And it sells everything, even a toothpaste with his name.

From sponsorship deals, for the WC only, he got over 4 million $.

Nah, i still think that he goes for the challenge, more than money:)

bu why is he in hell avoiding YU?:confused:

actually, i think i know the answer:D

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Money has been the issue before with him but not anymore I don't think.. He is getting old and he himself admitted that soon he might retire (although that's hard to believe when you see old men like Trap and Lippi for example still coaching).. I think Bora is patriotic.. He said he hangs out with Serbs and for fun plays pick up soccer games regularly with some Serbs.. Well maybe this doesn't mean much but it shows he hasn't forgotten where he came from.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
bora is good to settle, to construct a team, to make a team handle tough games.. (strange! i was wondering ...that s what we need! well! enough kidding... but is he really a tactical mastermind ?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts