Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is an interesting, amusing feature on former U.S. Men's National Team Coach Bora Milutinovic in this week's Sports Illustrated (the one with Mike Tyson on the cover). Milutinovic has led China to its first WC.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Hern,

I'm surprize you read that soccer hating drivle. Don't forget that that's the rag in which Deford plys his trade.
BOYCOT, BOYCOT, BOYCOT...!!!

I would prefer that you use it wo wipe your, you know what, after all, that's all its good for.

If they print it, you should flush it, because it's sh***t.

·
Registered
17,812 Posts
Aw, come one, TP! They have one good issue every year! And in this case, it's their pictorials rather than articles that I like! ;) :D :dielaugh:

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Would that be the SI Special OSF Edition, where young models prance around in tiny bikinis, and sometimes just with bodypaint? :D ;)

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use SI as a barometer of soccer acceptance among the mainstream sports media world. Yes, Frank Deford's an ass but Grant Wahl, who wrote the Bora piece, is very pro-soccer.

SI's soccer coverage still isn't where it should be but it is much better and more positive than it was 4-5 years ago.

In addition to the Bora article, the current issue has a full-page spread photo from the U.S. v. Uruguay match with a brief summary of the result. Considering that SI is covering ALL sports, it is doing a decent (I'll give them a C) job on soccer.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Comeon TP you know better its not even good for wiping your a....
I know Ive tried with defords article. It just smears. S**t wont even stick to it.;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts