Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bloody disgrace if you ask me!!

I went to the match and couldn't believe meself when I saw those part-time bastards boo the team off the park!!

What are we turning into?! the bloody scum??

Let's be frank here for a moment. Our support this year has been piss poor at best!

We can't fill Anfield for European games for ****'s sake!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I was there too Thommo. I agree, you shouldn't boo your team, you should get behind them. Most of the crowd where I sat were getting onto them, really giving them a hard time. The players weren't helping themselves much though to be fair. We were shocking.

Bless the saints fans for their rendition of "Sit down Pinnochio" - they kept that up for the full 90 mins!

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
I will not be booing the team
It is not really their fault that their masters commanded them to play soak and not strike strategy with brainless tactics. My Boos will be to minor extent Thommo and to a huge Extent Houllier who is the cause of all our problems. But where is he? Where is he? face the Fans Houllier!!!

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Don't be too quick to jump into a wrong conclusion, Beak. I know, it feels weird, but this has always been THE only way for the fans to voice their displeasure with how things are at the club. If not this what else would you come up with?

I've been going nuts for the past 3 years watching the ugliest Liverpool in history. How else would I let "them" know how wrong "they" are? The saddest moment of all for me personally was after watching another pathetic display to hear that stupid "Ge-raaard, Ge-rard Hou-lli-er!". Idiots, he ruins our club and you praising him for this? Sing Owen, sing Fowler, the true Liverpool heroes and saviors, but not the name of a brainless idiot with the most fu(ked up tactics in the WHOLE world! I'm very happy to hear the boos as they would do much better service to the club (managers, board and the rest of skunks), making them realise they are going the wrong way. Despite them being very thick skinned they might start paying attention now that the Kop is silent or booing!!! Unheard of before!!!

Let the boos raise louder until "the evil one" is gone!!! That IS the way of getting behind the team!!! Being a loyal son doesn't mean watching dad abusing mom and going "Yeah, give'er some more, dad!!!" and feel proud of youself being very supportive. How can anyone watch these brainless/no skill long balls going non-stop match after match, game after game and cheer this on as if everything's fine and rosey?

Thank God the majority of the crowd is not a sheeple who would rather silently watch their team being relegated to the Vauxhall conference :rolleyes: but will never boo coz they are "loyal" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Yeah I agree totally with Zico. This team currently plays the most ineffective football in the EPL. I am watching Aston Villa and Charlton and even if Charlton were 2-0 down, they could have done as least as well as Saints against us.

Ryo - not yet, I watched Shotgun Marriage.

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
It is time I have my say about the boo boys. Are they justified?
Firstly this match is not the first time that Liverpool had been playing crap. Liverpool had been playing crap for 3 seasons now, maybe cos they are winning say. 5 Cups that the crap football part was simply overlooked. Now three years on and Liverpool had been playing crap football after crap football it is a wonder that we are still in title contention cos opposition teams did not expose our tactics earlier (It took 90 mins of tactical supermecy by Barca to showed how was it done).

Back to the booing part. After seeing crap football after crap football. U dun expect the supporters who paid 30 pounds per match to be cheering the team on do u? It is not as if the team had an occasional bad match where nothing seems to go right. It happens ALL the time, and the fans are fed up with it, notice the booing did not occur during the match but AFTER THE MATCH. Now the fact which sank into the fans is that THE PLAYERS COULD HAVE PLAYED MUCH BETTER THEN THIS. Fans travelled from Aberdeen, Dover, Oslo, Helsinki, Merseyside and all over the place to look at the team. Of cos it is easy for us coach potatos in the warm comfort of our homes to stand on the morally ethical ground and say it is wrong to do that. But how about the fans who have to bear the elements and endure the football? (The weather had not been kind during the last month).

The fans deserves a refund for performances like that. But of cos that is impossible :D how else can they showed their dissatisfaction? Throwing bottles on the pitch like Real Madrid fans?

To individual players who are being booed, players like Carragher and Heskey, Murphy..etc Of cos booing them is wrong, every players have bad patches from time to time. It is up to the manager to rest them and save them from the booing. The players are paid Zouds to perform, the fans pay good money to see the players. The players are professional, they should know that they are liable to be booed when they played badly. I myself will not boo these players, why should I? Who put them on the field on the first place? Thommo is the easiest target to boo, Houllier is too far in France. And I will not boo the players as a collective unit either, who made them play ****ty football.....

right again.

So are the fans justified in booing - Yes.
Are they booing the right guys - No.

Until I hear."Houllier, where is our football? What the fu(king rubbish did U put into the players brain." They are not booing the right guys.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
you're right. but they boo coz they don't like what they see. It will take time before they change the "praise GH" song into what you've suggested. But they boo TODAY coz they feel something's not right. And it's good for the club.

Wakey, wakey!!! Back to reality, folks! Reality that so many of you so vehimently denied for so long.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
I have to add that I'm sorry if I just sounded like I'm the smart one who was able to forsee the future. That was not the point and I don't give a damn about who's smart and who's not. The main thing is for everybody to help the club to make the right move to step forward. GH isn't the answer. He has to go.

·
International
1,878 Posts
Well, Looking at it now, it might be easier to sell Owen off than sack Houllier.

Who are we kidding? I believe most fans are still holding on to the fact that Houllier could change things round when he returns.

However, reading the news today, the SIR has indicated that it would take Houllier some more time before he would be back at the dugout. Therefore, we will be seeing Thommo at the helm still.

This does not bode well for us, because, as Rob Hawthrone admitted, Strachan's tactical abilities were far better than clueless Thommo, and tonight's match would be the final reckoning. Just imagine, Thommo pitting his tactical skills against the sly old SIR? We are in for a slaughter. After beating ManYoo for four consecutive matches, they are bent on revenge and will spare no efforts in making us look like clowns. Not when they have a full strength squad with Giggsy possibly starting.

Think about it, we have been playing crap against inferior teams like Bolton, Fulham, Boro and Saints, what chances have we got against the Mancs?

While I would like the board to boot the Frog and Thommo out, even with pressure from the supporters, it would be most impossible. The Liverpool board have been known to stick by their managers and with the five (Worthless) trophies, it makes it harder for them to sack them.

I am very frustrated and disappointed, because I don't see Houllier or Thommo leaving, yet there is no other alternative as we witness our club sinking faster than the Titantic. The fact that high-profile players being constantly linked to the club is not good as it unsettles players.

The short term measure would be to bring in a stand-in manager, someone with a better sense of tactics and use of players, to take over Thommo for a while. However, Houllier would inevitably be back and everything would be screwed again.

The bright side to things are that with Houllier's tactics, it is obvious that it would never bring us the title, and therefore, his five-season-plans would be up by 2003/04. Hopefully, the board would be shrewd enough to appoint a more than able manager. The bad side to this, is that we would have to wait at least 15 years to bring the League Title back to Anfield again.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Don't boo the team because it's not their fault? You know, a manager is NOT bigger than the team. If the players gave the board an ultimatum, they would sack both GH and Thommo. That takes balls, however, and it's clear that the lethargic bunch currently occupying 'Pools dressing room don't have them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
:dazed: :dazed: I can't agree with getting rid of Houllier I'm afraid. I believe we are playing poorly now because he isn't with us.

I think Houllier is the right man for us. I would gladly trade in our five trophies for the league title, but as an interim achievment I think we have done tremendously well since GH took over.

Would Evans have won the cup treble?

Would Souness have even managed to qualify us for Europe?

Who should we have brought in? Alex Ferguson? :eek:

No. I say stand by Houllier.

Any Man Yoo fan will tell you that in Fergie's early days he was close to being sacked. The board stood by their man then and I think the LFC Board will be proved right to stand by their man now.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
Urchin said:
That takes balls, however, and it's clear that the lethargic bunch currently occupying 'Pools dressing room don't have them.
It's not balls only, Urchin. It takes to have a heart and care for the club as well. Who do you expect would stand up to the board, Smicer, Diomede, Traore, McAl, Anelka...??? Owen and Gerrard are too young still.
There are only 3 guys who can do this. One of them plays for Madrid, another one for Leeds and the third one has been out and not playing for almost 2 years now, so he isn't in the position to speak really. He's just waiting for a chance to impress the Spurs manager. The guilliotine did his job well...

And AB, before making your rookiesh comments you could've bothered to read a few earlier threads on this forum. You would've found trizillion answers to each one of your silly questions. Nobody gonna go over it again. But I'm glad you didn't bring up that "we're not losing to the lesser teams now like we used to under Evans :rolleyes: ".

·
Registered
31 Posts
zico: I wasn't looking for answers, amigo, they were rhetorical questions.

Yanks :rollani:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts