Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just confirmed on the Rangers website that Paul Le Guen will be taking over next season :)

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,5~800837,00.html

RANGERS are delighted to announce today the appointment of Paul Le Guen as the new Manager of the Club from the start of season 2006/07.

Following a series of positive talks with Chairman David Murray and Chief Executive Martin Bain, Paul has agreed to sign a three-year contract.

Paul Le GuenLe Guen, a former French international midfielder who represented Paris Saint Germain with distinction during his playing days, and as Manager guided Lyon to three successive league titles before leaving last summer, has also been courted by a number of Europe's elite clubs before making his decision to join Rangers.

Chairman David Murray commented: "I am pleased Paul has agreed to join Rangers. His track record speaks for itself and hopefully he will bring future success to the Club.

"I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Alex McLeish for his achievements, having secured seven trophies in four and a half years."

Paul Le Guen commented: "I am looking forward to the challenge at Rangers. I received a number of interesting offers from major clubs around Europe in the last year, but this move to Scotland was the right one for me and my family.

"Rangers has a proud history and tradition and I hope to bring further success to the Club for the supporters."

Paul becomes just the twelfth Manager at Rangers and he will be joined by his assistant, Yves Colleu.

--

Awesome news :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Congratulations! :thmbup:
I am very surprised that a "bigger" club didnt pick him up.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
May i just take this moment to quote one of the XT regulars who is temporarily unavailable for comment.

"In an ideal world we'd get Paul Le Guen, but i sense that he's destined for one of the top jobs in a major league in Europe next season."

:lala:

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Bocha said:
:howler:

I wonder who...

I'd wager there are quite a few crackers from him where Monsieur Le Guen is concerned

But he was right though, he was destined for one of the major clubs in europe

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Brilliant news even though we've been expecting it :)

I remember that post of his btw. No doubt when he comes back he'll be comparing Chesney in a favourable light against Le Guen :D

·
Registered
6,512 Posts

·
Registered
3,723 Posts

Our esteemed friend's first quote on Le Guen is unquestionably the most humourous. And undoubtedly it'll only get funnier and funnier when he returns to squirm his way out of it, backtracking and downplaying Le Guen's appointment as only our dear friend knows best ;)

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Bocha said:

Our esteemed friend's first quote on Le Guen is unquestionably the most humourous. And undoubtedly it'll only get funnier and funnier when he returns to squirm his way out of it, backtracking and downplaying Le Guen's appointment as only our dear friend knows best ;)
Hope the gruesome twosome enjoy their "3 months" they keep going on about. It'll be their last smiles for a few years.

Chesney........PLG...... :howler:

How do you say "We're buggered" in an Irish...sorry Lanarkshire accent. :D

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
Jonny said:
Hope the gruesome twosome enjoy their "3 months" they keep going on about. It'll be their last smiles for a few years.
Heres me thinking Rangers fans dont expect immediate success :finger:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Jonny said:

Chesney........PLG...... :howler:

How do you say "We're buggered" in an Irish...sorry Lanarkshire accent. :D

Look who's back :finger:

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
maradona10 said:
Heres me thinking Rangers fans dont expect immediate success :finger:
Normally no.

But with Gordon Strachan & Dad's Army any manager worth his salt will run rings around you.

My Rangers/Hearts 1,2 will come true, just a year later than I expected! :lala:

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
mincecfc said:
Look who's back :finger:
Suck my french stick sucker! :cool:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
What happened to the Loyal bit?

You haven't been around whilst yer team were getting spanked off everyone, yet here you are now, the whiff of potential glory in yer nostrils?

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
mincecfc said:
What happened to the Loyal bit?

You haven't been around whilst yer team were getting spanked off everyone, yet here you are now, the whiff of potential glory in yer nostrils?
Loyal? Think what you're saying and who my loyalty is to. :thumbsup:

I only logged on to look for KH quotes on PLG to post on FF along with some crackers from CQN.

I don't like the Magic Numbers very much but the opening line of their album says it all about the Celtic support and PLG.

You're in denial, you're in denial

1 - 20 of 131 Posts