Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if someone could explain Boniek's relationship with Roma.. In Poland I believe he's remembered mostly for his 3 years at Juve but he did play for Roma as well, of course. But I hear he's more of Romanista in his tv function.. has he declared himself as a Roma fan? Any bad blood with Juve?

·
Registered
284 Posts
He live in Roma so this is the main reason why He likes Roma more than Juve?!
Boniek love Juve and Roma but He is a AS fan.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
You get the impression he prefers AS ROMA because he was treated better as a player there and had a closer bond with the fans in the Curva Sud than those in Turin.Usually,I watch Domenica Sportiva and he comes acroos as a ROMA fan. :thmbup:

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I don't know anything about it except for seeing highlights from the Juve-Roma game from Polish television and the commentators happened to mention him saying he won't be happy with Roma losing the game, sounded like he's either a big fan or he has something against Juve..

·
Registered
12,237 Posts
I don't know what it is to be honest, if he's that big a romanista or that his hate for Juve is that big. My guess is though that whatever ill feelings he has towards Juve is because of Roma, not because they did something to him personally.

I remember him getting into a verbal fistfight with the editor of Tuttosport on DS the night of the 4:0 trashing...class :D.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
I think he sways both ways...I've seen him totally criticize Roma one week and praise them no end the next week...He certainly dislikes Moggi...:D (Who doesn't)

Though he played for them I'm not sure he's much of a Juve fan though...

Damn gingers...can't trust them...:D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Boniek IS a true romanista. He lives in Rome, his sons are romanista (and speak with true roman accent), he's a permanent guest at Signora in Giallorosso (a TV show on AsRoma broadcasted by a local TV station).

Why? simply because when he played for AsRoma he fell in love with the city and the fans (how can you compare the gray and anonymous Turin with the sunny and wonderful Rome?).

Ciao

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Sorry for bumping up an old thread, but Boniek is the reason that I support Roma ;)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
numerodix said:
Btw does Boniek have an accent when he speaks Italian?
Slight, but he speaks very well :shades:

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
Not surprising that he doesn't have much of an accent, he's been in Italy for awhile

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think the main point is that Italian is incredibly similar to Polish in terms of pronounciation, there's almost nothing new to learn and it comes easy so that's understandable. I'd say that's the biggest obstacle in trying to rid yourself of an accent.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts