Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think of him? :)

to be honest I was a little surprised that he decided to go to Auxerre with all repect. It's a nice club but if he was going to go to France, I expected it to be L'OM or PSG after some of the classy displays he gave us at Feyenoord. He was also a bit inconsistant so I could also understand why he didn't want to move to a real big club since you'd need to perform constantly course but still...the guy has great natural moves.

I see he's now playing in middle for Auxerre and sometimes scores important goals too. Do you reckon we could be seeing him move to a bigger club soon or will Auxerre be his club for the rest of his career?

·
Premium Member
19,837 Posts
He won't stay there the rest of his career, i think, but Guy Roux does not release player without a big amount of money and prefer to keep players as much as possible.

He is a very interesting offensive midfielder/Striker.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think he is good but there are better players in France. Having said that I agree that going from PSV to Auxerre is alittle bit of a downwards move. I think his brother looks really good though.

Cote D'Ivoire have so many good players

·
Registered
14,901 Posts
Yees, his goals against Rangers was fantastic. As to Ivory Coast players, we have Klou, Drogba, Havier Keita, Kandia, Yeboah, Colo Toure and many other talented players.

·
Registered
75 Posts
well.. Guy Roux just lost Mexes and Boumsong two of his biggest assets for NO money... and Kapo went on a free to Juve as well didn't he?? Only person he got money for was Cisse and he was only one of the main 4-5 big named players at the club who he could'ev cashed on.

Also Aslater, Bonaventure came from Feyenoord not PSV.

also I didn't know Salomon is his brother?? just thought they shared same last name?? is he really?

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
PLF said:
well.. Guy Roux just lost Mexes and Boumsong two of his biggest assets for NO money... and Kapo went on a free to Juve as well didn't he?? Only person he got money for was Cisse and he was only one of the main 4-5 big named players at the club who he could'ev cashed on.

Also Aslater, Bonaventure came from Feyenoord not PSV.

also I didn't know Salomon is his brother?? just thought they shared same last name?? is he really?
Yes, it's true... Salomon is his younger brother.

·
Registered
59,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PLF said:
yeah Salomon is his younger brother. Bonaventure in fact tipped Feyenoord to get his younger brother from the Ivory Coast when he himself left for Auxerre and he's always said that his younger brother Salomon will turn out to be better than him. I hope it'll be true and so far he hasn't disappointed being the leagues 2nd topscorer behind our own Kuijt but as with all young players we mustn't overrely and overdepend on him since Salomon seems to be a bit out of form right now and a little break now might do him a bit of good :)

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
About Mexès transfer to Roma, I think it was decided that Roma should pay some millions Euro for Mexès, so he was not totally free I think. Maybe 3,5 M euro I think it was.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wally said:
What do you guys think of him? :)

to be honest I was a little surprised that he decided to go to Auxerre with all repect. It's a nice club but if he was going to go to France, I expected it to be L'OM or PSG after some of the classy displays he gave us at Feyenoord. He was also a bit inconsistant so I could also understand why he didn't want to move to a real big club since you'd need to perform constantly course but still...the guy has great natural moves.

I see he's now playing in middle for Auxerre and sometimes scores important goals too. Do you reckon we could be seeing him move to a bigger club soon or will Auxerre be his club for the rest of his career?
PSG and Marseillle are no longer teams that make grown future stars...

Monaco and Lyon are now the two favourites clubs of good players for improving.

Kalou will probabyl leave at the end of the season or maybe the next, good player never finish their carreer at Auxerre, Guy Roux push them out before.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts