Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sol should be fit again along with Dennis and Lauren. Dunno if Cesc'll play as Bolton are a team who'll kick him to pieces so I'd rather play Flamini.

Almunia
Lauren Toure Campbell Cole
Ljungberg Vieira Flamini Pires
Bergkamp Henry

SUBS: Lehmann Senderos Cesc Clichy Reyes

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's not Edu's decision. He'd play if we selected him. Wenger won't play him. Simple.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
well wenger is letting many leave on free ( kanu, wiltord, parlour, soon edu , pennant)
money could have been made here.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have plenty of money. I'm getting really sick and tired of people thinking we're about to go bankrupt when we clearly are not. It's not the money that's the problem, it's the managers stubborn attitude to buying players that is.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
khimik said:
Sol should be fit again along with Dennis and Lauren. Dunno if Cesc'll play as Bolton are a team who'll kick him to pieces so I'd rather play Flamini.

Almunia
Lauren Toure Campbell Cole
Ljungberg Vieira Flamini Pires
Bergkamp Henry

SUBS: Lehmann Senderos Cesc Clichy Reyes
lauren was fit time ago, he wont play until he signs same with edu.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
As Khimik said we have money hell we were ready to give Trabelsi and Angulo 5 million a piece.

Most Gooners by now know AW this season has decided to go with the youth and see whom is Arsenal calibar and whom is transfer bait. In Wenger's defence I doubt anyone could have foreseen the amount of injuries we've sufferd thus far, add to that many Gooners for years wanted at least some of the youth to be given a run out and now that they are many have a problem with it.

I expect AW to make one more signing before the window closes and than as usual make most of his moves in Augest.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Almost forgot AW some how offloaded Franny Jeffers to the Addicks for 3 to 5 million.

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
he isn't. its a total myth that we have no money.

It is total bullshit. I mean compare us to spurs, who spent over 15m more then us this summer. Spurs have a smaller stadium, cheaper tickets, did not get to the champions league qtrs like we did, did not get to FA Cup semis and did not win the league and somehow have 15m more to spend then us??

The only reason the club and wenger portrays us as poor is so we cant be taken advantage of by clubs selling players to us

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
also, where would SWP play? Right Midfield? i dont think so, freddie is better and will not be dropped.

also, if one of the reasons you think SWP is so good is his shooting, you can forget that straight away if he comes to arsenal as you know aswell as me that Wenger puts it into his players that they should only shoot if they are very likely to score and that is why we rarely have long range shots

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Petros is spot on Arsenal love to portray themselves as a club in financial difficulty in order to avoid clubs over pricing potential targets. Look at Chelsea they paid 24 million for Drogba 24 million :eek: :eek: :eek:

Same goes for Man Utd they wasted god only knows how much on Kleberson and Djemba Djemba becuse teams know they got the cash and will never accpet anything below market value.

As for SWP if AW wants him Dein and co will hand over the funds in a heartbeat the reality is while AW would love to have SWP he will not pay the asking price of 20 million from Man City. In AW's mind with 20 million he can and will buy a better player if not players for that price i.e the often mentioned Navas, or Essien or Ben Arfa.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Tunis4life said:
As for SWP if AW wants him Dein and co will hand over the funds in a heartbeat the reality is while AW would love to have SWP he will not pay the asking price of 20 million from Man City. In AW's mind with 20 million he can and will buy a better player if not players for that price i.e the often mentioned Navas, or Essien or Ben Arfa.
The arsenal board should go all out to get Essien, especially with the way Vieira's standards have dropped. Apparantly Lyon want 12 million and considering he is only 22, it would be a good investment.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Titi8383 said:
The arsenal board should go all out to get Essien, especially with the way Vieira's standards have dropped. Apparantly Lyon want 12 million and considering he is only 22, it would be a good investment.
Completely agreed. Essien is the tits, to put it bluntly. He's like the Vieira of 00/01, only Ghanian and not Senegalese.

·
Registered
791 Posts
This game is so important because both Chelski and Man U have very difficult games. It could be time to make up some ground, but Bolton always give us problems. Im hope Henry's rest did him good because he seems to go missing in a lot of way games this season. Although, its mainly due to the fact that our midfield never seems to have any control. Bolton will play five in midfield so Vieira needs to bring his A game.

I think we can snatch a 2-1 win and I have a feeling Chelski will drop points against Spurs. So we could get it back to five or even four points. :finger:

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
i think our midfield doesnt dominate is because of cesc, hes offensiv, and face it, no where near viera and gilberto when it comes to defending.

1 - 20 of 181 Posts