Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
0-2 man utd at half time, not bad.

I would like to see who fergie brings on later on.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Djorfaeff scored for bolton in the 89th minute. Ended 2-1 to united. Not a bad result. I will add more later.

·
Registered
4,578 Posts
arsenal drawing, and chelsea losing, this set of results may turn out to be crucial come the end of the season...chelsea slowly sinking back and arsenal not able to grind out results..were comfortably at the top and were not even trying :)

touch wood!

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Good game. Finished 2-1 although bolton had lots of chances and some mite say they deserved a draw.

Tim Howard was by far the best player for us, and he made quite a few very good and very crucial saves. Rio ferdinand was on top form too, and to be honest, we will most definitely miss him during his ban. The defense played well overall.

Bit cheeky of Ruud to nick that goal from Giggs, but then again, better be safe than sorry. Fletcher had a good game, and had a say in the first goal and he could have scored 1 himself.

The Djorkaeff goal looked more like an own goal by gary neville.........thats like 2 in 2 games!!!

Arsenal drew and Chelski lost to liverpool, so man utd are 3 points clear of the gunners and 7 clear of the blues...............and we still got solksjaer to come back.

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
We had a good game shame they pulled 1 back in the last minute, prior to it i was a little worried because Bolton have managed to beat us a few times over a few seasons.

Great result considering both Arsenal and Chelsea dropped points, I can really see this turning into a 2 horse race over the next few months with Chelsea dropping further behind.
We haven't even hit top form yet- no where near, hopefully we shall start picking up the pace a bit more now.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Ferguson hails Howard

Sir Alex Ferguson heaped the praise on Tim Howard after watching Manchester United stretch their lead at the top of the table to three points.

The United manager admitted he was relieved to have secured a 2-1 victory at Bolton with first-half goals from Paul Scholes and Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Bolton got a consolation with two minutes left when Youri Djorkaeff's header went in off Gary Neville.

Howard made a string of impressive saves and Ferguson said: "He has been like that all season and is improving all the time.

"The experience of playing in games like this where the atmosphere is tense will bring him on an awful lot.

"Tim made three or four fantastic saves. The one he produced from Okocha was outstanding."

With Arsenal drawing and Chelsea losing, Ferguson said: "They were good results for us. It has been a good night's work."

But Ferguson admitted that Bolton had given them a real fright.

"It was a pulsating game where we had to grind a result out," he added.

"Bolton never gave in and were a real handful to play against. It is no surprise the results they have been getting as they have improved remarkably.

"I am very pleased. It is a good result and we were hanging on a wee bit but that's what we expected of Bolton.

"I really thought we would see the game out. That's why I took Roy Keane and Ryan Giggs off but we did it the hard way."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts