1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serie A Week 27 - 8/3/09 (14.00 UK)
Bologna - Sampdoria

Stadio Dall'Ara

Sampdoria are finally gathering momentum as they travel to Bologna’s Stadio Renato Dall’Ara to take on a side desperately battling to avoid an immediate return to Serie B.

Sinisa Mihajlovic is a rookie in the coaching game and he will need to use all his nous to lead Bologna to safety. The Emilia-Romagna outfit have managed just one point in five games and are in 17th place after last weekend’s 2-0 defeat against Lazio.

Bologna must travel to second-placed Juventus in Week 28 and are likely to draw a blank in Turin, so at least a point is essential in this encounter. Serie A Capocannoniere Marco Di Vaio needs to return to the score-sheet to inspire a Rossoblu resistance and Mihajlovic may be worried by a lack of cutting edge in recent weeks.

Sampdoria have finally found form. The Blucerchiati may have been dumped out of the UEFA Cup by Metalist, but memories of that disappointment will have been erased by a heroic 2-1 win over Milan last weekend.

Walter Mazzarri’s men are climbing the table at last and are up to 14th place, safely out of the relegation mire. They are unbeaten in five outings – two wins and three draws. It may be unlikely, but a late flourish could allow Samp to return to contention for a UEFA Cup qualification place. The first objective will be 40 points and survival, which will be close at hand if Doria add three points here.

When the two sides met in Week 8, Sampdoria secured their first win of the season after a nightmare start.

Bologna are without injured men Gabriele Paonessa, Cesar Aparecido and Azzurrini striking star Pablo Daniel Osvaldo. The visitors travel without Gennaro Delvecchio and Stefano Lucchini. Mazzarri must also get by without suspended stars Angelo Palombo, Marco Padalino and Daniele Franceschini.

Keep an eye on: Antonio Cassano (Sampdoria) – The fiery marksman played a crucial role in humbling Milan last weekend and is the key if Doria are to move up another gear.

Last season: Not played

Form guide: Bologna (L L D L L) Sampdoria (D D D W W)

Bologna (probable): Antonioli; Zenoni, Terzi, Moras, Lanna; Valiani, Mingazzini, Volpi, Mudingayi, Bombardini; Di Vaio

Sampdoria (probable): Castellazzi; Raggi, Lucchini, Accardi; Stankevicius, Sammarco, Dessena, Ziegler, Pieri; Pazzini, Cassano

Ref: To follow...

http://www.channel4.com/sport/footba...9/bol-sam.html

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Wins vs.Bologna and vs.Genoa everytime taste better for me. I still remember 2:2 draw in Bologna and our relegation. It is very good reason to win Sunday game. We are playing good football last days so I think we are able to draw or win, even without Palombo and Delvecchio.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i do respect bologna too much due to some names play for the team. and since i opened this thread, i hope not jinx the blucerchiati lol . :pp :flirt:

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Bologna landed us to the earth after the nice victories against Milan & Inter.
We still play wful away, and have to be careful from the teams behind us.

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
WTF happend there ????

it seems dat we wer da bettr team for most of da game and creatd quite a few good chances bt didnt capitalise and they did ............

bt lets let this 1 pass ..............we had a v.good last week ........... and i thnk we shall avoid relegation .............. jst anothr "bad" away performance although we didnt deserve to lose 3-0

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
di vaio :star: :thumbsup:

what a hattrick, what a brilliant striker!
hard luck, guys!

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
i think this defeat shocked you while no update posts here.

i m not shockd ............. aftr 2 big wins i feel we wont get relegatd ............... i m more interestd in da copa italia now :D ......... i hope inter win against man u and so dont take da copa too seriously .............

also as such bologna didnt deserve to win 3-0 at all and wer inferior to us for long parts of da game ........... dey jst got lucky ............

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i m not shockd ............. aftr 2 big wins i feel we wont get relegatd ............... i m more interestd in da copa italia now :D ......... i hope inter win against man u and so dont take da copa too seriously .............

also as such bologna didnt deserve to win 3-0 at all and wer inferior to us for long parts of da game ........... dey jst got lucky ............
:D

you try to put things and circumstance to your side. no doubt to beat milan were great nights for samp. but how to change your thoughts about coppa quickly only because you won the 1st leg. but you know it`s football and inter may change it and score 4 goals. then don`t forget bologna won 3-0, so won`t be difficult for inter to do it too that`s if samp show again their average game like last sunday.

then how for a team win 3-0 and to to deserve it?

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
:D

you try to put things and circumstance to your side. no doubt to beat milan were great nights for samp. but how to change your thoughts about coppa quickly only because you won the 1st leg. but you know it`s football and inter may change it and score 4 goals. then don`t forget bologna won 3-0, so won`t be difficult for inter to do it too that`s if samp show again their average game like last sunday.

then how for a team win 3-0 and to to deserve it?

tru my thoughtz have changed regarding da copa italia after da great performance vs inter bt i assure u bologna's win is a one off fluke ............
watch us against roma .......... u will see a diffrnt samp ...........

gotta admit away form sucks bt as long as we dont throw away our lead at inter i dnt mind away defeats in all r away games [as long as we win all r home games dat is :D]

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
i think this defeat shocked you while no update posts here.
Rather hard work last days then shock :) .

Results like this happen. I didn't watch the game but if You are 0-1 down You try to score a goal and sometimes at the end because of Your attacks You are so open and not focus on defence that You get some easy goals. I think it could be like that in Bologna.

Of course it doesn't change the fact we are awful in away games. Maybe we need psychologist to talk about this problem? You can see different Samp in Genova and different one away from home.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
tru my thoughtz have changed regarding da copa italia after da great performance vs inter bt i assure u bologna's win is a one off fluke ............
watch us against roma .......... u will see a diffrnt samp ...........
yea they did superbly against inter and hopefully they show better performance in coming game against roma and to win too.

gotta admit away form sucks bt as long as we dont throw away our lead at inter i dnt mind away defeats in all r away games [as long as we win all r home games dat is :D]
come on you put every thing in your side... even if samp lose games. :pp

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rather hard work last days then shock :) .

Results like this happen. I didn't watch the game but if You are 0-1 down You try to score a goal and sometimes at the end because of Your attacks You are so open and not focus on defence that You get some easy goals. I think it could be like that in Bologna.

Of course it doesn't change the fact we are awful in away games. Maybe we need psychologist to talk about this problem? You can see different Samp in Genova and different one away from home.
i know such this bad result may happen in any football game.. but not to be like a blind an try to neglect it. ok forget it then try to solve your problems in it, that would be better.

yea are right, when you look for equalising goal, spaces to be opened in the back.. but if you look at goals scored by di vaio, one of them were passes between CD... bad covering really..these spaces shouldn`t been there.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
when you look for equalising goal
I didn't want to be depressed at the beginning of the week so I didn't watch any highlights from this match. Now I can see Friday and rest time so I will see how it was...:D

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok, i`m waiting. :D
and as i told you all goals weren`t scored due to spaces in the back. but bad covering and not marking the super di vaio well. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts