Xtratime Community banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
This team will be crucified against Dortmund on Tuesday.

They are a physical wreck.

Another 90 minutes for Lukaku, Brozovic, Barella, Lautaro :facepalm:

Lazaro and Biraghi were absolutely awful.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,880 Posts
Hard fought win against a terrible Bologna side

Bologna are retards complaining about not getting a pen for that disgusting Palacio dive

F**k that a**hole for diving against his former club.

Pr*ck
Yeah, there might have been a slight pull from Politano, but if so that was outside the area.

·
Registered
43,540 Posts
How do you figure Lazaro was awful? Aside from a couple of very poor turnovers and a couple of poor decisions, he was pretty good overall. Involved in the disallowed goal and Lukaku's goal. Did some good work on the right flank and he shows he can beat his man.

Barella puts in another beast performance.

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
How do you figure Lazaro was awful? Aside from a couple of very poor turnovers and a couple of poor decisions, he was pretty good overall.
What impact did he make on the game except for the very poor turnovers and couple of poor decisions?

I thought he was awful. Wait until you see the GDS ratings tomorrow......

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
Ha haaaaaaaa

De Ligt just about gets away with another handball....

Almost every single Serie A game. Unreal.

·
Registered
43,540 Posts
What impact did he make on the game except for the very poor turnovers and couple of poor decisions?

I thought he was awful. Wait until you see the GDS ratings tomorrow......
He cut in pretty well. The big one was when he cut in from the right to feed Lautaro in the box for a huge opportunity to score (forced a big save from the keeper).

In the run up to Bologna's goal, he cut off what would otherwise be a clear run in the pen area by the Swedish fella.

In the run up to Lukaku's goal, he beat his man outside the area and sucked in another defender which allowed him to pass the ball to a completely free Brozo for the cross into the area.

The time he got into the area and did a Zidane roulette (bit harsh for a pen but would easily be called outside the area).

The commentators also said he put in a solid shift and showed why Inter signed him.

I don't know how you can lump him in with Biraghi. We weren't watching the same match.

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
He cut in pretty well. The big one was when he cut in from the right to feed Lautaro in the box for a huge opportunity to score (forced a big save from the keeper).

In the run up to Bologna's goal, he cut off what would otherwise be a clear run in the pen area by the Swedish fella.

In the run up to Lukaku's goal, he beat his man outside the area and sucked in another defender which allowed him to pass the ball to a completely free Brozo for the cross into the area.

The time he got into the area and did a Zidane roulette (bit harsh for a pen but would easily be called outside the area).

The commentators also said he put in a solid shift and showed why Inter signed him.

I don't know how you can lump him in with Biraghi. We weren't watching the same match.
Dunno. And I was actually sober watching the game last night.

GDS actually gave him a 7 :facepalm: LOL

OK, so a bit of a clanger there on my part :facepalm: , but I really really really don't see what was so great about that performance.

The defender made very clear contact with the ball when Lazaro did the Zidane spin.

He gave the ball away a bunch of times and looked all over the place positionally for my money. The chance Lautaro had in the first half was about 90% Lautaro and 10% Lazaro. Not many players would have had the presence of mind to take a snap-sot there. It's not like Lazaro put it on a plate for him or something.

Anyway, I have no agenda against Lazaro. I actually thought he was OK in his brief cameo against Slavia Prague. Obviously he was terrible against Sassuolo.

But to me he seems to lack positional awareness and doesn't seem particularly strong. Yes he's fast, yes he's reasonably skilfull/technical. But at this stage I'd say he looks like a poor man's Cuadrado.

I hope he proves me wrong.

·
Registered
43,540 Posts
GdS rating seems a bit high. When I checked (after your post), he was rated the 2nd highest after Lukaku. I don't think he was better than Barella by any stretch of the imagination. And I wouldn't say he was better than de Vrij or Lautaro either. But he delivered a postive performance overall. I'd say it falls in between a 6 and a 6.5. Round it up to a 6.5 if you like.

More than it being about Bologna, it's an encouraging performance after his previous outings, imo. He did well in that light and deserves credit.

As for the other ratings, I think Lukaku's rating (8) is slightly inflated. But he deserves MOTM for reacting so well for the 1st goal and calmly disposing of the pen for the 2nd. Brozo's rating (5) was lower than Biraghi (5.5) and equal to Gags (5). I don't have a big problem with the ratings given to Gag and Birag, but it seems a bit harsh to put Brozo on the level of our worst perfomer. Brozo played below par (guy is exhausted tbf and plays himself into the ground when he can), so Brozo probably deserves a 5.5 (sorry, m8. :( ). Give him some rest and let him get his energy back.

About Bastoni...I think he's improving. He's stopped trying to be Pirlo, which is a good start. He's still making some rash decisions defensively but I think he should be able to iron this out in time...unless he starts hanging out with Medel or something.

Which brings me to Skriniar. What's going on with this guy? Has he recently become one of those MMA fanboys or something? The guy has all the talent but is making cynical challenges...deliberately looking to play the man and not the ball. This has gone on for a few matches now. Look, I can really understand this part of defending - it's part of what makes it so enjoyable - but don't make it a running theme ffs when you can play like a Ballon d'Or defender pretty much any time you decide to.

·
Greta joke sharer
22,880 Posts
Yeah, Skriniar has been a bit like late career Walter Samuel lately. He'll just steamroll players and cause freekicks for no apparent reason.

As for Lazaro, I think he improved a bit in the second half, a bit ironic as the rest of the team got worse. The worst part of his game was the buildup, but that's not entirely on him. Gags and Brozo could have had better movement to help him with options.

·
Registered
15,443 Posts
No idea what Conte will do for the Dortmund game re: midfield.

Brozo-Gags-Barella have started the last FIVE games :facepalm:

Sensi is surely not fit to start. Vecino probably isn't either. But at this rate Conte should probably just gamble on one or the other.

I honestly think Brozo will be clinically dead :grinch: :skull: by the 30th minute on Tuesday....

·
Registered
8,899 Posts
I thought Lazaro was half decent as well. His downside was a couple of poor decisions playing out from the back, and on occasions his defensive positioning. He was really positive in attack, looking to take on players and look for space. He was a far cry from the abomination that was Gags and Biraghi. I think Lazaro will improve with time for sure.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts