Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Lille's Forward Salahedinne Bassir is linked with a free agent move to Bologna in the summer.
have you heard anything about it?

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Cottagers linked with Bologna’s “Zidane”

Fulham have been linked with Bologna’s French midfielder Mourad Megni. The 18-year-old is described as the future Zinedine Zidane and Fulham boss Jena Tigana is ready to pay £2m for the U-18 international.

“I have talked to Fulham and Jean Tigana is a man I really respect. He is not afraid to use young French players and it would be an honour to play under him. However, I am still a Bologna player, although it would be tempting to move as the backroom staff are all French,” says Megni.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Signori in Bologna quit threat Monday 29 April, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giuseppe Signori has stunned Bologna fans by hinting that he is considering his future at the club.

The veteran striker scored in the 2-0 win over his former club Lazio on Sunday but revealed that the game could have been his last at the Dall’Ara.

"There were many smiling faces after the win but despite the three points and my goal I’m not that happy," he said.

"I want to thank all those people that have stayed close to me recently but I’m hurt by what has been said and written about me in the past month.

"I hope that this wasn’t my last home game but if it was then at least I will be able to remember it as I netted my 170th Serie A goal. My future here depends on many things."

The former Italian international has been criticised of late as his return from injury coincided with a run of poor form for his club who are chasing a Champions’ League spot.

Possible destinations for Signori include Como, who are likely to be promoted this summer, and Milan who were linked with a move for him earlier this month.

Signori arrived at the Rossoblu in the summer of 1998 from Sampdoria.

Meanwhile, Bologna boss Francesco Guidolin has paid honour to his team. "It will be difficult to qualify for the Champions’ League because Milan have the easier game," he said.

"I wanted to see my side play with honour and courage against Lazio, which is what happened. We’ve given everything that we possibly could have this season."

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
United linked with Signori

The Gazzetta dello Sport claims that Bologna’s Beppe Signori has been contacted by Manchester United. The ex-Lazio hero has said he wants to leave his current club.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Roma in shock Signori link Tuesday 30 April, 2002

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roma have been reported to have expressed an interest in former Lazio hero Giuseppe Signori.

The Bologna striker admitted on Sunday that his four year stay at the Dall’Ara could end this summer and sources on Tuesday suggest that Roma are set to make an offer for the ex-international.

Speculation states that the capital outfit are set to beat Milan for his signature by offering Bologna cash and the loan signing of Antonio Cassano.

The Giallorossi are set to table £3m and the Under-21 international, who would be a welcome addition to the Rossoblu squad for the new campaign.

However, one major stumbling block seems to be Signori’s allegiance to Lazio. Having spent six season with the Biancocelesti – he topped the scorers’ charts three times while there – he may not agree to a move to deadly rivals Roma.

Other transfer news suggests that Roma defender Aldair is a summer target for Sporting Lisbon. The Brazilian will leave the Olimpico after 12 years at the club once his contract expires in June.

Meanwhile, Bologna are set to sign former captain Michele Paramatti from Juventus. His agent Bonetto said: "Michele will definitely leave Juve at the end of the campaign and it is his intention to return to the Dall’Ara."

channel4

1 - 5 of 5 Posts