Xtratime Community banner

141 - 160 of 559 Posts

·
Registered
24,130 Posts
We need a new thread for the derby to prevent an otherwise inevitable humiliation. Anybody in luck at the moment?
I dont think there is a poster able to give us a result there. That poster aint born yet. i suggest N4L start that thread with some ridicolous post about us being favorites.

I said that our form is very worrying and here is more proof. I didn't see all of it, but what i did was all abysmal.

·
Registered
13,958 Posts
Still a good margin, but if we play like this we won't be beating anyone. This was close to Giampaolo level bad. We did absolutely nothing well.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
I told you guys about Mandzukic taking that cursed #9. even salesmakers wining run comes to an end...
😟

Whatever happen do not start a new match thread ffs

·
Scudetto
23,582 Posts
Lukaku is so good. Literally the definition of "unstoppable". Reminds me of Adriano in that sense.

·
Registered
13,958 Posts
Lukaku is so good. Literally the definition of "unstoppable". Reminds me of Adriano in that sense.
And people kept saying Manchester did not have a good enough team when they had both Lukaku and Zlatan.

·
Scudetto
23,582 Posts
They did relatively well I think during that time, but the board didn't give Jose the patience they are giving Ole now (which is running thin...).

Back to Lukaku.. Really not sure how the team is going to defend against him this weekend.

Maybe useful to have Kessie man-mark him the whole game but then Theo won't be able to bomb forward as often. But he has to worry about Hakimi anyway, who is going to be eager to redeem himself after the first round match.

Whilst I was joking above in my previous post.. I truly fear a true morale-breaking, season ruining thrashing. Back-to-back Europa, followed by Roma.. It's gonna be ugly.

·
Registered
17,820 Posts
No way Kessie will man-mark Lukaku. That would take him out of midfield way too much. Instead, it is even worse: Lukaku will be paired with Romagnoli and Theo. That will indeed be disastrous for Milan.

In yesterday's match, it is the Lautaro feints that opened things up for Lukaku, so if Kjaer deals with him expediently that is the best way to keep it closed for Lukaku as well. Secondly, it was the counters and fortunately Kessie and Bennacer should be better able to stop them.

But the other problem is I don't see how 39yo Ibra can demark himself from Inter's very solid backline.

·
Registered
63,809 Posts
No way Kessie will man-mark Lukaku. That would take him out of midfield way too much. Instead, it is even worse: Lukaku will be paired with Romagnoli and Theo. That will indeed be disastrous for Milan.

In yesterday's match, it is the Lautaro feints that opened things up for Lukaku, so if Kjaer deals with him expediently that is the best way to keep it closed for Lukaku as well. Secondly, it was the counters and fortunately Kessie and Bennacer should be better able to stop them.

But the other problem is I don't see how 39yo Ibra can demark himself from Inter's very solid backline.
Yeah I think Kessie-Bennacer-Calhanoglu is more defensive than Lucas Leiva-Savic-Alberto.

As for Zlatan, since he returned to Milan he scored against us in 3 consecutive derbies between Serie A and Coppa, so I am not that confident we can keep him quiet.

This derby will be billed as Lukaku v Zlatan after what happened in the Coppa. I would take a draw tbh, still a long time to go after that derby so it's not decisive. Milan just lost to Spezia but it's a derby, I remember Milan beating us when we were having a better season and vice versa, now both teams are close.

·
Registered
46,484 Posts

I think Kessie will work on Brozo, who is usually targeted for shutting-down since so much goes through him. He may be the main guy but not the only one as we've seen Brozo get double-teamed the moment he gets the ball in previous games. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds. Milan will want Brozo to say muted and retreated, Inter will hope Brozo works his way through the gaps like he did against Lazio. In other games, Brozo is happy with the extra attention if the trade-off is more space for Lauty and Barella. But like you said, Milan's midfield is a different kettle of fish and Kessie is one hell of a player.

Kjaer with a Lautaro assignment (when Lauty is in the middle) sounds about right to me.

As for Ibra, he's able to do things no one can stop, as we've been seeing this season and in the last encounters. We can only hope it's not his day.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Scored 5 against them in the last 3 derbies so yeah, the law of averages is against him.

But even if he does score another brace, we’ll lose 2-4 or 2-5 imo. They’re going through probably the best moment of the season, Lukaku is unstoppable, whereas Milan are going through the worst moment of the season.

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Bennacer is injured. Tomori could take up the duel against Lukaku.
Hakimi duel against Theo is something I look forward to. Theo defensive phase will be tested.

·
Scudetto
23,582 Posts
Yeah, and the thing is, Hakimi doesn't need to worry about defence as much because Inter play with 3 at the back.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
Fiorentina without any problems just won 3-0 against the side we made look like Barca’s dream team last week.

·
Registered
13,958 Posts
Now by the way it's 6 wins from the last 15 games in all competitions. If we keep up the shitty results, it may be enough to take us down back to EL, but if we're lucky we can scrape a CL qualification. Except for last season, in which Lazio won a lot of games, it usually takes about 20 wins to qualify to CL as 4th. We're already at 15 wins this season, with 16 games to go. It can still be a dip.

Still, the current form, a win every three games, is literally the stuff of midtable teams, and that's what we've been looking like the past two months +. The last two season we've ended in EL with exactly a win every two games in the league (19 wins). In fact we haven't won more than half our league games in a very long time.

Of course more importantly, the performances have been dismal.

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Fiorentina without any problems just won 3-0 against the side we made look like Barca’s dream team last week.
That's the irony or rather the annoying things with these small Italian teams. When playing against Milan, they play as if their lives depend on it, becoming lions, tearing their hearts out. Watch them a week later against teams their "sizes" and you'd be amazed how they quickly deflate back to their default setting.

Still no excuse for our performance. We should be able to counter such teams. We can't just keep collapsing against any team that come out fighting against us. We become clueless and give up anytime we meet a determined, hard-fighting, pressing team. No fighting spirit, no cojones! We simply collapse. That's squarely on the coach, far as am concerned.

Oh, and what's more annoying is seeing young players like Leao lazily jogging around, looking deflated and scared. I would be like, c'mon guy! Fight, you are young, you are fast and strong! Give as good as you taking from these guys!!!

141 - 160 of 559 Posts