Xtratime Community banner

501 - 520 of 589 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Why do usually most mid table teams help Inert when they are to win something:
---
Although the Nerazzurri have all recovered, Sassuolo are again leaving out Manuel Locatelli and Gian Marco Ferrari, despite the fact they tested negative for COVID-19 after the Italy national team cluster.
“We made a decision and we’re sticking with it, that’s all there is to know,” said De Zerbi in his press conference.
“We took everything into consideration, not just football, but above all those who have been around us for over a year. We will continue along this line tomorrow, so Locatelli, Mert Muldur and Ferrari will only return to the squad once they have passed the quarantine period.
“They are still negative and could play, but we made a choice for Saturday against Roma and it’s right to continue that.”
De Zerbi also confirmed Francesco Caputo, Domenico Berardi, Gregoire Defrel and Medhi Bourabia are also still out injured, with Kaan Ayhan testing positive for COVID.
And I thought I was the only one thinking the same. When I read the news I was like, "but if it was Milan you were playing, you'd go full strength" .

·
Scudetto
23,589 Posts
As I said already before the season, I am not liking us meeting Atalanta in the last round. We need to secure UCL by round 37 when we got Inter-Juve, Roma-Lazio and Fiorentina-Napoli.
Good points. Let's compare remaining fixtures:

Milan
Parma (A)
Genoa
Sassuolo
Lazio (A)
Benevento
Juventus (A)
Torino (A)
Cagliari

Atalanta

Juventus
Genoa
Atalanta (A)
Parma
Fiorentina (A)
Udinese (A)
Milan
Sassuolo (A)
Inter
Bologna (A)

Atalanta
Fiorentina (A)
Juventus
Roma (A)
Bologna
Sassuolo (A)
Parma (A)
Benevento
Genoa (A)
Milan

Napoli
Sampdoria (A)
Inter
Lazio
Torino (A)
Cagliari

Spezia (A)
Udinese
Fiorentina (A)
Verona

Lazio
Verona (A)
Benevento
Napoli (A)
Milan
Genoa
Fiorentina (A)
Parma
Roma (A)
Sassuolo (A)
Torino (TBD)

Roma

Bologna
Torino (A)
Atalanta
Cagliari (A)
Sampdoria (A)
Crotone
Inter (A)
Lazio
Spezia (A)

Teams in italics are potential relegation battlers

·
Registered
9,041 Posts
I want to ask you guys this.
With the covid and injuries to players throughout the past matches, Do we really know our strongest 11?

Statistics:
Taking away Zlatan (P16 scored 15 goals).

Comparing it to Theo (a scapegoat; for a fvking defender) 4 goals.
Rebic & Leao scored 5 each. Samu 1 Sales 2 Brahim 2; Kessie 1 in open play (8 via penalty).
Hakan scored 2. Don't fvking tell me about his assist. Suso has many assist too.

Summary: We rely too much on Zlatan (no complain on his contribution).
Our forward players are ordinary.
This is a worrying part which I am seeing... In a team where there is one player who has a character which is larger than life. He tend to overshadow the rest and expect everything to be his way. If you observe some matches where the decision of the ball could be better play away from Zlatan, it will end up channeling to him (the rest seems afraid from his bark).

with 9 matches left.... where do we go from here. We have a young squad and after many seasons we finally found our identity again but more important stability. Are we going to be the Arsenal of Serie A (this could be likely)???

Conclusion this team outperform from their benchmark to date. Getting 4th is already a great achievement.

·
Registered
16,121 Posts
Ciao tutti

@humanTORCH , our strongest eleven IMO is

Donnarumma
Calabria --- Kjaer --- Tomori/Romagnoli* --- Hernandez
Bennacer --- Kessie
Saelemaekers --- Calhanoglu --- Rebic
Ibrahimovic
*a matter of debate, IMO

I think there has not been a single occasion this season (in any competition) where we have seen our best eleven. We have had something close to it on a few occasions (as above, but with Leao instead of Rebic, or Gabbia instead of Romagnoli earlier in the season) but never a 'perfect' XI.

I think this says a lot but also doesn't go anywhere near showing the full picture of our injury crisis this season. If you compare the absentees with our rivals, most of them have had a significant advantage in being able to consistently rely on key players.

·
Registered
24,138 Posts
I agree with Rod. although these is reason to suggest Leao could perform better than Rebic on the left. Salemakers shouldnt play because of all the goals, but because his movement and quick passing compliment our other offensive/creative players.

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Ciao tutti

@humanTORCH , our strongest eleven IMO is

Donnarumma
Calabria --- Kjaer --- Tomori/Romagnoli* --- Hernandez
Bennacer --- Kessie
Saelemaekers --- Calhanoglu --- Rebic
Ibrahimovic
*a matter of debate, IMO

I think there has not been a single occasion this season (in any competition) where we have seen our best eleven. We have had something close to it on a few occasions (as above, but with Leao instead of Rebic, or Gabbia instead of Romagnoli earlier in the season) but never a 'perfect' XI.

I think this says a lot but also doesn't go anywhere near showing the full picture of our injury crisis this season. If you compare the absentees with our rivals, most of them have had a significant advantage in being able to consistently rely on key players.
Hard to argue with any of this. The only question would be an actual comparison with the rivals. Teams actually rarely get to play their ideal 11 that often in general, but maybe our rivals did.

·
Registered
24,138 Posts
Looking at points and the schedule I will rate the teams...

Inter obviously already got the scudetto.
Juventus both have the points and both the first team and reserves to get this. 95%
Atalanta is also up there, just behind in points and they are getting results against both bigger and smaller teams. there is always someone delivering for them. 90%
Roma is now the furthest away in points, their form is almost as bad as ours (but 9 points behind us). I also think their schedule is tough. 10%
Lazio. I thought they were out of the race a month ago, but they have improved. yet, 6 points behind Atalanta and 8 behind us with a game in hand. Our meeting with them might be crucial. 25%
Napoli is closest to the pack in points, but their results are mixed. Their biggest benfit is that they have several "easy" games at the end of the season against teams with nothing to play for. 35%
We are still in a good position pointswise, but with the worst form. All depend on whether we can pick up that form and get at least decent results and dont lose against Lazio in particular. 50%

our keygames are the coming 5 with Lazio as the most important. against Atalata we can hope that we are already qualified and if not we can hope they are. Napoli need to get something from their coming 3 games, if they do they have mostly easy games after that. Roma really just need to win almost every game and already if they lose against Atalanta they might be out of the race. to then remember they meet Lazio in round 37. Lazio themselves have key games against Napoli, us and Roma, otherwise it is just about grinding out points, something which they have done well the last years.

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
what a goal

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
That little turn and the fierce shot are Rebic at his best

Excellent by Zlatan too

·
Scudetto
23,589 Posts
That's why Zlatan needs to be advanced. I've said time and again I don't like him so deep.

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Pretty solid team performance overall so far IMO. Not outstanding but we're dominating and look more likely to score.

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Get in! Kessie 2-0

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
Another nice goal

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Two beautiful goals from open play. Our trequartista who is demanding a huge contract and threatening to leave not involved in either.

·
Registered
13,967 Posts
A bit shakier at the start of the second half, two very good saves by Donnarumma.

501 - 520 of 589 Posts