Xtratime Community banner

281 - 300 of 559 Posts

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
RIP Romagnoli...Tomori really took his chance with both hands. He even threaten with a few chances and a disallowed goal.

Zlatan should consider being our mascot on the sideline clapping everytime. Not clapping in the field anymore 🙄

Great win. This will put pressure off the lads.

·
Registered
24,130 Posts
Overall this was clearly 1-2 steps forward, but new injuries could directly push us back again.

Theo had a really good game, but again did something retarded with possession when he almost gifted Miki a great chance.
Rebic suddenly with a MOM performance.
Kessie is probably our most consistently good player.
That flying Tonali block was amazing, but I think he should have covered Veretout on their goal.
Diaz worked hard, but for someone of his skills he should be able to get away from his opposition more often. to often he stop and try to hold the ball against two players, which he can't because he is tiny.
Leao has not showed any sort of performance yet this year. Even if he was not bad and should have had a penalty.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Last night was perhaps a season saving performance. It seemed like we created more chances than in the prior 4 matches combined. With a loss we would have only been +2 from 5th, now we are +8. We could look back at this match as the one that got us CL football.

Rebic is back to his post-lockdown form which is desperately needed as Zlatan is wearing down as the season goes on.

Still disappointed with Tonali. How much longer until he's declared a bust? I feel like Calabria contributed more in the 2 matches he played in midfield than Tonali has all season. If he doesn't show improvement next year he could be back at Brescia in 2 years.

·
Scudetto
23,582 Posts
On Tonali, while he was decent vs Roma I agree overall he has not lived up to the hype.

That said, easy to forget he is just 20. Barella, who is turning to be one of the best midfielders in Serie A, is already 24.

What I think he needs to improve on is to be more assertive and take control of the team. He was actually really good at this the few times I saw him at Brescia.

This suggests that the problem might be psychological. Hopefully it improves as he gains more experience.

·
Registered
24,130 Posts
I think Tonali is currently being held back due to tactical issues. He has been given a more defensive role than he is accustomed to and he has been told to go for more simple passes as his more risky passes gave him problems in his early games for us. He is really solid in defense and good at winning the ball. Hopefully we will see him bloom as he gets more games.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Tonali is improving. Is quite fast with the ball running through the midfield. Just loses the plot a bit when he has to make the final pass. But generally do not looks as sluggish as in the start of the season..
Though, was at fault when Veretout scored. Went too deep to cover for Calabria when it was not necessary.

·
Registered
12,627 Posts
We were 3 or 4 players away from being comfortably 1st this season and with that would have increased income and market value which in the end would have paid for those transfers:

Summer 2020 transfers:

1. Tomori loan with 28m option.
2. Bakayoko 3m loan with 25m option.
3. Chiesa 15m loan plus 35m option payable in many season i think that was the deal.
4. Milik 15-20m... Went for less in the winter.
Plus bring also Diaz and Dalot on cheap loans as backups.

Donna
Cala/Kalulu Kjaer/Gabbia Tomori/Roma Theo/Dalot

Kessie/Baka/Krunic Bennacer/Baka

Chiesa/Alexis Hakan/Diaz Rebic/Leao

Ibra/Milik

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Tonali was not signed to be a starting midfielder, he was supposed to be Bennacer backup. Who foresaw Bennacer being constantly injured all season? Even so, Tonali has done alright. Nothing amazing but he's 20 years old. He showed some signs of growth against Roma.

I think there is zero reason to say he has been a disappointment, it's way too early. Even Bennacer took a while to find his footing and he was a more established player when we signed him.

·
Scudetto
23,582 Posts
We were 3 or 4 players away from being comfortably 1st this season and with that would have increased income and market value which in the end would have paid for those transfers:

Summer 2020 transfers:

1. Tomori loan with 28m option.
2. Bakayoko 3m loan with 25m option.
3. Chiesa 15m loan plus 35m option payable in many season i think that was the deal.
4. Milik 15-20m... Went for less in the winter.
Plus bring also Diaz and Dalot on cheap loans as backups.

Donna
Cala/Kalulu Kjaer/Gabbia Tomori/Roma Theo/Dalot

Kessie/Baka/Krunic Bennacer/Baka

Chiesa/Alexis Hakan/Diaz Rebic/Leao

Ibra/Milik
Indeed Bakayoko and Chiesa were big regrets. Would have perfected this team.

At least we know the management realize the weak spots.

·
Registered
13,958 Posts
Vs Udinese today. Gazzetta have Donnarumma; Kalulu, Kjaer, Romagnoli, Hernandez; Kessie, Tonali; Castillejo, Brahim Diaz, Rebic; Leao.

281 - 300 of 559 Posts