Xtratime Community banner

201 - 220 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Couldn't watch the game but really wasn't even trying to watch it bc after so many years following this team the outcome was so evident.

Even if there were no mistakes from the coach and management in the past it would still be almost impossible to win here but here we go:

Mistake 1
Giving a crap about the Coppa game when we barely have 11 competent players all together.

Mistake 2
Same as 1 but for the EL

Mistake 3
Getting big headed, mainly from the coach and then continued by some players.

Mistake 4
Not properly reinforced in the summer and in the winter mercato. Only Tomori that is a real football player even though not of the highest calibre... Either way he isn't played before the "captain" who by the way has a Montolivo wibe to him.

Mistake 5
Not getting a proper striker who can rotate with Ibra or at times play together.

Next we will most probably lose vs Roma and very well might be outside of top4 in no time.

The Covid-19 without fans and no pressure games have gone, the real battles have begun and we are losing almost all of them... As we used to.

Forza Milan

·
Registered
13,903 Posts
IMO too easy to blame Romagnoli (who is in shit form this season undoubtedly), and daydream that Tomori is Thuram -- which he might be one day, but clearly not there yet.

The problem was tactical. No one can stop Lukaku one on one with 60 meters of space behind. They needed to prevent those situations, foul early, mark tightly, play a very coordinated and compact back 4 line (very tough with the fullbacks we have), or actually have one of the CMs play a more DM-like pivotal role. Instead, we played like we always do, and got destroyed by the attacking duo.

By the way people tend to forget Nesta got destroyed by Ronaldinho at some point, and not when he was particularly old either.

Anyway, 6 wins from 16 games in all competitions since December. A bunch of humiliating defeats against rivals. Need to get back to winning ASAP or this will be a nightmare scenario, even with the nice cushion we have.

·
Registered
8,992 Posts
I might get bash on this opinion but come at me...
-The attack with everytime a need of finding Zlatan limit our capability.
-Pioli have to ponder with an alternative formation as opponents seem to have figure out based on 4231.
  • some mentioned about playing 3 in defence but I still prefer we stick to 4 at the back. Its been our DNA.
  • the team average age is 24.5 and people commentted we are slow...what is the real cause of this?

I think we will survive the CL spot. We dont become a banter team again after a few loss.
Hopefully 🥴

Krunic or Roma even #PioliOut for the bashing now 😆

·
Scudetto
23,519 Posts
Kudos to those that are giving some level headed opinions.. but as usual many here overreact.

I guess that's good. In past seasons when we lost no one actually felt anything but this time it did hurt like the old days 🤣

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Kudos to those that are giving some level headed opinions.. but as usual many here overreact.

I guess that's good. In past seasons when we lost no one actually felt anything but this time it did hurt like the old days
I don't think it's overreaction. Really. We been playing like shit for close to two months, losing four out of last six league games, destroyed by the almighty Spezia, raped by Inter, and before that Atalanta and Juve. Shipping in more than 10 goals in the process. You call it overreaction?

It may be an overreaction if it's a one or two games issue. But we been so poor for games after games and the coach doesn't see fit to change something even after getting whooped by Spezia? He went into arguably the most important of the season using the same formation, tactics, two midfielders against a team playing with five in the middle? Playing the tortoise Romagnoli against Lukaku because, typically Italian coach, he couldn't "risk" Tomori because he's new, untested, bla bla. So, as usual, play it safe, don't take risks don't trust, even if Romagnoli has never ever done anything good playing against Lukaku. He has always been raped by lukaku. But yes, still play him even if you know deep inside you that he's still gonna shit his pants at the sight of Lukaku, simply because you can't trust the newcomer. F**king coward mentality!

·
Scudetto
23,519 Posts
You just proved my point.

New formation, in a Derby with all on the line? Seriously? Pioli got killed just for trying Meite in midfield.

Tomori? Looks good so far but is he suddenly gonna be the anti Lukaku? Dreaming.

I admit Romagnoli is in terrible form and can't handle Lukaku but none of the critics even want to acknowledge that Lukaku is in just such super form and will do this against almost any defender, including Tomori.

Worst comment I read here so far is Romagnoli is similar to Montolivo. OMG

·
Registered
13,903 Posts
Yeah no denying Roma's awful season.

But the point remains. For example Kjaer was clearly at fault in the first goal, despite his great interception 5 seconds before, as he then completely lost Lautaro. But we can't forget it was a hell of a cross by Lukaku.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i Also dont think it was an overreaction; it was $#!Tshow for last 2 months. Yes there were injuries; key players like Bennacer/Hakans presence is missed. Having said that after Coppa match Pioli shud have thought twice for the line up to contain the opponents attack.

We missed few chances after their first goal; starting with Theo inside the box, Ibra's back to back head & Tonalis strike. These cud have been a different game if those went in.

Other teams by now knows our weakness by now we are not comfortable with high pressing game. This is where Lukaku & Martinez capitalized it immediately.

I am certain had Donna cud have avoided their third with better positioning.

Anyways; overall not our day & poor performance from the whole team.

Not everything is lost; we should try Leao on the right; this may help. Though Castellijo does some defensive duties which can be useful in the 2nd half.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
You just proved my point.

New formation, in a Derby with all on the line? Seriously? Pioli got killed just for trying Meite in midfield.

Tomori? Looks good so far but is he suddenly gonna be the anti Lukaku? Dreaming.

I admit Romagnoli is in terrible form and can't handle Lukaku but none of the critics even want to acknowledge that Lukaku is in just such super form and will do this against almost any defender, including Tomori.

Worst comment I read here so far is Romagnoli is similar to Montolivo. OMG
Unfortunately for you, even the Pioli you are trying to defend has admitted we need to consider changing formation for certain games. And no, no one is saying Pioli should change tactics only for the derby game. No. Thing is the writing is in the wall for more than two months that our system is not sustainable. We've been found out, figured out by teams, big and small. We've lost matches in horrible manners and failed to score a single goal in four games but you are calling it overreaction. Good thing you aren't the coach. It's obvious something needs to be done, need to change, long time ago. A plan B, a secondary system to fall back to. Only a fool will keep doing the same thing over and over again when it's not working and just keep hoping it works one day. And you call asking Meite to mark someone high up a change of tactics? Why the hell are they called tacticians if all they could do is latch on to one system and hang on to it whether it's working or not?

And part of the blame was on the management. We had the opportunity to strengthen this team in January, but what did we do? We just added numbers. Now let someone come at me with the "we don't have money to spend" bvlsh!t.

·
Administrator
11,876 Posts
Rating Romagnoli or not doesn't change the obvious and visible thing that he has some weaknesses,, it is not only against Lukaku. Dybala is not in the form of his life or anything like that and I actually think he beat Romagnoli (and Hernandez) even 'better' than Lukaku. I wouldn't call this loss worse than the Juve one at all actually.
A coach does have to have a plan B and using it in big matches is a mark of strength not weakness.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Rating Romagnoli or not doesn't change the obvious and visible thing that he has some weaknesses,, it is not only against Lukaku. Dybala is not in the form of his life or anything like that and I actually think he beat Romagnoli (and Hernandez) even 'better' than Lukaku. I wouldn't call this loss worse than the Juve one at all actually.
A coach does have to have a plan B and using it in big matches is a mark of strength not weakness.
Apparently some experts feel it's okay to stick to one system even if it works or not. Or rather it's too early to consider changing system even if your team has been playing shit close to ten games. Maybe the right time to have a plan b is when you fall out of the top four and battling for europa.

·
Registered
24,097 Posts
But the point remains. For example Kjaer was clearly at fault in the first goal, despite his great interception 5 seconds before, as he then completely lost Lautaro. But we can't forget it was a hell of a cross by Lukaku.
Here is were I miss Abate, he was fantastic at getting in and clearing those in front of the attacker. Calabria didn't exactly do anything wrong when he marked Perisic, but getting in towards Lautaro would have been the better choice as he was the greater danger.

We should in no way change formation. Our problem is that we have had players missing and all those changes + players losing form is what caused this. Early season we dominated games and many teams didn't even create scoring chances against us, we are a far cry from that, but I dont see how that is "teams have figured us out". Inter played in the same way for two years, they dont seem to be suffering from havign been figured out, instead the consistance of formation and player usage have made them stronger. Not to forget Lazio who played the same way even longer.

a change of formation is a sign of losing the plot.

·
Registered
8,992 Posts
You guys have said so much on Romagnoli. Apart from being slow, the third goal from Lukaku...why did he force him on his left knowing that he is left footed. Really shocking for an experience defender.

Guys, we have been winning many matches without Ibra...just saying.

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
Yes we were dominating teams few months ago, even without Ibra in the field BUT what happened?! Easy: fatigue, injuries, over played players, becoming big headed and complacent, and having only around 11 competent players and not reinforcing adequately in January ...pick your answer.

We played so many games in EL qualifications, was it 4 or even 6 games there, than Coppa, than EL group stage... and mostly we always played the good players when they were fit and almost never rested them.

Remember, even the great Carlo with a squad 100 times better than this played only reserves in the Coppa games and the last games of the CL group stage.

Or, I am completely wrong and the management wants to reach the Coppa semi final and the EL quarter finals more than to win the scudetto ffs.

Just a few months ago, no one talked about the scudetto, not Paolo, not Pioli, not the players ...focust of CL qualification... NOW they all talk as we have already won it ffs... bunch of amateurs. JUST shut the fvck up until you won it, than you can talk whatever you want.

Sometimes it looks crazy how many silly mistakes are made by the "professionals".

Also, as was mentioned above, some posters here were saying that this year it is a big chance for us to win the league after being first at half point BUT we need true reinforcemnts to achieve that bc it is so evident that we cant do it with these players only. We need maybe one or two major signings ... maybe spent 50-60m and we would have been closer to that goal, now we are closer to the EL zone.

PS. Jani, I didnt compare the playing styles of Romagnoli and Montolivo (of course they play different position) but bc they both were captains and they both were/are one of the worst performing individuals in the team. ie Montolivo vibe.

·
Scudetto
23,519 Posts
Unfortunately for you, even the Pioli you are trying to defend has admitted we need to consider changing formation for certain games. And no, no one is saying Pioli should change tactics only for the derby game. No. Thing is the writing is in the wall for more than two months that our system is not sustainable. We've been found out, figured out by teams, big and small. We've lost matches in horrible manners and failed to score a single goal in four games but you are calling it overreaction. Good thing you aren't the coach. It's obvious something needs to be done, need to change, long time ago. A plan B, a secondary system to fall back to. Only a fool will keep doing the same thing over and over again when it's not working and just keep hoping it works one day. And you call asking Meite to mark someone high up a change of tactics? Why the hell are they called tacticians if all they could do is latch on to one system and hang on to it whether it's working or not?

And part of the blame was on the management. We had the opportunity to strengthen this team in January, but what did we do? We just added numbers. Now let someone come at me with the "we don't have money to spend" bvlsh!t.
Man, I never said anything you claim I said. Don't put words in my mouth.

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
What's up with Ibra going to San Remo? Sounds like die hard scudetto run has turned into country club behaviour. After the Lukaku voodoo thing, Ibra seems to be a distraction now.

·
Administrator
11,876 Posts
About that first goal, almost can't believe this is a real image. Modern football would probably say Calabria should have covered but I would say that's wrong and Calabria should not even be concerned about Martinez, he should be covering for player trying to cut in and come from the wing.
So much is wrong with this and I don't mean just Milan but so much is wrong with conceding from this kind of action, period.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #219 (Edited)
What's up with Ibra going to San Remo? Sounds like die hard scudetto run has turned into country club behaviour. After the Lukaku voodoo thing, Ibra seems to be a distraction now.
Even though he has scored, I believe, 4 goals in 5 or 6 matches since returning, he’s not quite been the same player we saw in the beginning of the season.

Having said that, he’s also returned to a team that isn’t working like it did back then.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Actually nobody is playing like back then. Kjær, Hakan, Kessie, Theo, for instance, were far better earlier in the season. All those EL qualfiers ffs. We should have played the youth team.

201 - 220 of 287 Posts