Xtratime Community banner

181 - 200 of 287 Posts

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
At least we tried in the second half. But they’ve been extremely clinical and are clearly the superior side.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
The game was lost when we missed all those chances at 0-1. We can't keep a high line and keep searching for a goal against a team that is so good at counter attacking.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
I don't think even peak Nesta can stop this Lukaku
Come on, Roma is afraid. He has tried to stand a bit further away from Lukaku in the second half. Works in the middle of the field, but when Lukaku comes running towards goal, he can't just keep backtracking and letting him have a free shot..

·
Scudetto
23,519 Posts
Come on, Roma is afraid. He has tried to stand a bit further away from Lukaku in the second half. Works in the middle of the field, but when Lukaku comes running towards goal, he can't just keep backtracking and letting him have a free shot..
Romagnoli is having a horrid time for sure.

What I'm saying is that Lukaku at current form is unstoppable, so obviously that's a terrible situation for us.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Problem with Roma is that he is not only struggling against Lukaku, but really any fast and good attackers. He is a good defender in the box only, but that is not enough. Should look for a replacement soon. Big and fast to compliment Tomori who has fine potential and attributes

·
Scudetto
23,519 Posts
FT. Inter were super but 3-0 I feel is harsh.

Congrats on the Scudetto.

Now our fans can realistically return to the ground and hope for the CL place.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
We’ll probably finish 15 points behind Inter.

Better second half but first half was also among the worst of the season. Roma away in the next game. We could be outside of top 4 in a few weeks.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Inter could have been 2 or 3 in front after the first half so even if we were close to scoring in the second half, winning with 3 goals pretty much reflects the game. Their first goal was really hard to come back from. We only started to play after 30 min. ..

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Our ambition is/was a top 4 finish.

Tomori should have been playing today to contain one of the strikers.

Lukaku has been awesome this season plus a team player.

·
Registered
46,322 Posts
We’ll probably finish 15 points behind Inter.

Better second half but first half was also among the worst of the season. Roma away in the next game. We could be outside of top 4 in a few weeks.
Your latter part of the first half (after Hakimi's yellow) was very good, imo. Took over the game and we were on the ropes. Our players couldn't clear their lines, clearances were scuffed, etc.

·
Registered
17,737 Posts
At the same time, could Pioli really bench Romagnoli for a defender who has less than 5 league games?

Anyway, I am not worried for you guys. I think you over-achieved in the first half of the year but the project is a great one. Your team is extremely young and if you keep everyone on board you should have the ingredients for success for the next 5 years.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Lol, so Pioli is now talking about possibility of changing formation. Idiot! I now see why he's never a top coach.

181 - 200 of 287 Posts