Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Know we have a Cup derby before this match, and unfortunately we’ll spend a lot of energy there. This is clearly much more important as, against all odds, we continue en route to the 4th place.

Difficult match against a team that beat Verona and, more impressively, drew against Atalanta recently. We’ll lose if we’re anything near as poor as against Atalanta.

·
Registered
13,908 Posts
Bold move.

·
Scudetto
23,524 Posts
I'm sure most of you saw the video between Ibra/Zapata after Zapata said "Oh you want your 12th penalty?" (or something).

To me, it's quite interesting that Zapata can remember something like that in quite detail, it must be that Atalanta have drilled into their players and of course the referee.

An interesting psychological battle and small detail you won't always read about.

·
Registered
63,336 Posts
Gasperini mentioned it pre match.

·
Registered
13,908 Posts
I don't think many of us who support big teams realize how fans of other teams (and sure enough their players and managers) perceive the way referees treat us.

·
Registered
8,997 Posts
The cursed of #9 is too strong. Manzukic opened the pandora box.
I fear the worst 🥴

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Yeah Gasperini was whining about penalties we have received and about Atalanta playing more games recently compared to us. Looking for excuses before the match. Mind games of course, but don't think Pioli was too impressed about it afterwards..

·
Registered
13,908 Posts
If we include the Coppa game against Torino as a draw, we have failed to win 6 of our last 11 games.

·
Registered
24,097 Posts
The coming three rounds are three rounds were we really need to win all games and can pull away from many other teams. We got: Atalanta-Lazio, Roma-Juventus, Inter-Lazio and Napoli-Juventus in these rounds. Also Roma have a difficult game against Verona and Inter against Fiorentina.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Must disagree, Jani. Firstly Winter Champion is an insignificant “title”, secondly it’s a huge jinx.

·
Registered
63,336 Posts
jani, it's not Argentina/South America where you get a trophy for Apertura and another for clausura

·
Scudetto
23,524 Posts
Hakan not in the official squad though. Not sure whether he'll be there or not.

A few weeks out though might mean he's not ready anyway.

1 - 20 of 340 Posts