Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a fan at all, but you can share gossip about the latest Hindi flicks and old classics here.

:tongue:

·
International
6,724 Posts
We grew up on Hindi movies in Bahrain. Dharmendra and Amitabh Bachchan :D Classics? I can only remember Sholay and Toofan.

I hate the music parts and there are 5 or 6 in each movie, so I watch them on DVD or VCD (not in a cinema) because I can skip the music scenes :tongue:

Last three I watched: Baghban, Tere Naam, and recently Kal Ho Naa Ho.

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The last I saw was "Chameli"

..and I've got the soundtrack of "Kal ho Na Ho" stuck in my head. Ew.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
My problem with Indian movies is that I always think when ever I go to the cinema to watch a new movie, I always think I am going to watch another Devdas, Kabe Khoshe Kabe Gham or even Mohabetain... and thats really a big problem coz all the latest movies I saw sin't what I wanted to see, the Indian should understand that they are not that good any more with action movies, but they have done a briliant job with love stories and family stories like Baghban.
I like all the sound tracks of Devdas, Mohabtain and Kabe Khoshe.. also I have another not good idea, I think only Sharu Khan is the best actor with Ametab.. while the others are far behind.
The last movie I have been to was Khakee.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
The only thing that bother me when I watched the movies are the story doesn't make sense. What's with the tree if they singing the song? :eek:

Doesn't it bother you to watch a movie where 50 % of the stories fill with songs? make up your mind, is this musical movies or drama?
But, I like Sharu Khan ;)

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
'tis what happens when a film culture steeped in cheap melodrama turns into big business.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Same idea as movies like Grease and other musicals. The songs are a solo, only that character knows what they are thinking/saying in the song.

Im Indian and cant stand Indian movies. Too long, and too often they suck. Goes for any language of movies actually. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
!bob said:
..and I've got the soundtrack of "Kal ho Na Ho" stuck in my head. Ew.
Eww?? :howler: My sister drag me to watch Kalho Naho. Unfortunately the soundtrack get stuck in my mind too:tongue:

I love watching Shah Rukh's and Kajol's acting...so I only watch Hindi movies with them:cool:

The best has got to be Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge! :heart:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Originally posted by Gabrielle

I love watching Shah Rukh's and Kajol's acting...so I only watch Hindi movies with them

The best has got to be Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge!
Same here really......i was brought up on bollywood, but only small number of the new films are as good. I just can't keep up with the millions of new actors and actresses that bollywood seem to churn up every year.......I tend to stick to Kajol and Shah Rukh Khan too.

And DDLJ is my favourite indian film of all time.........it was actually the first album i ever bought too. I've finally found the DVD version on the internet, so I'm gonna order it sometime during next week.

Having said all that, some of the films from recent years have really impressed me........Kabhi Kushi Kabhie gham has been phenomenal. Lagaan obviously was soo good that it got an oscar nomination......and others like dil se and dil chahata hai have been ground breaking.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
kingkobra83 said:
Same here really......i was brought up on bollywood, but only small number of the new films are as good. I just can't keep up with the millions of new actors and actresses that bollywood seem to churn up every year.......I tend to stick to Kajol and Shah Rukh Khan too.

And DDLJ is my favourite indian film of all time.........it was actually the first album i ever bought too. I've finally found the DVD version on the internet, so I'm gonna order it sometime during next week.
DDLJ was one of the 1st few Hindustan movie that I manage to watch till the end!Without subtitles!hehe...The 1st Indian DVD I bought is DDLJ too:) Shah Rukh's and Kajol's chemistry is so amazing! In Kal Ho Naa Ho, Kajol make a special appearance next to SRK in one of the song and there are some people who would like go watch the movie for that mere 5 secs!:tongue:

Kal Ho Naa Ho's soundtrack won an award at the MTV Immies, some of the songs really stick in your head!

Listen to the soundtrack

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Kal hooo na ho. It's one of those melodies that get stuck in your head even though you detest it from inside. The kind of thing that makes you go "Eww, what's up with me?".

I used to like Shah Rukh when he was funnier, crazy and a bit inventive. Now he's just drab.. or maybe I am, who knows.

I found KKKG incredibly corny and annoying, but again that's just me. Lagaan was alright, I kinda like Amir Khan. You should see the ads he does, absolutely hilarious, especially the Coke ones. Unofrtunately those don't have subtitles. :tongue:

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah but to see people in tears by the end of such corniness, falling in love with phony romantics, being emotionally stirred by fluffy pop songs, empathizing with victims of foiled wedding arrangements -- is downright unnerving, unhealthy even.

:googly:

I liked Dil Chahta Hai though.

:eek:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Bob, you sound liike a bitter bitter man.

As far as the old Shah Rukh v/s the new Shah Rukh goes, i might just be inclined to prefer the new one. the young SRK was brash, corny and tended to overact. He has now matured into a better actor

1 - 15 of 15 Posts