Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucho and Galleti scored for us. I could not watch the game so report anybody?

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
lucho is Porto bound

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
nah, taking in account the circumsatnces, was avery good first half, is really near impossible to find players that adjust to this altitude, second half was near hillarious from moments, like corners were only was our only forward expecting it, players like nail to the floor, incredible passing errors, but anyway the first half they managed to play better thna Bolivia, and even we have more clear ocassions than them.

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
We really played a good match, I am saying this according to the team that Pekerman used, I was thinking about a draw only, but he seems asked the players to do it simple, only using Galletti and Lucho in our ataack and they created the most chances against Bolivia, I think we should score at least 3 goals in the 1st half but all of them missed by Galletti who seemed sometimes slefish, Millito had the best match ever under the 1st team colors, Cambiasso was the best player.. always calm and knowing when to play fast and when to slow down the match, also Galletti, which proved that he can a useful bench option for us in the future when we have all the big names back, Maxi was the only attacking midfielder and I would like to see him again, Lucho with only one clear chance he scored the goal for us.

I didnt like Duscher, I really hate him, I know that Pekerman can use as much as he wants to make sure that we have a good bench but please NO room for this guy, I dont know what he was doing, he seemed not knowing to do or Pekerman didnt use him in a good way (which I doubt), I think its enough for us having Cambiasso, Masche and Lucho.. he can add Batta when he recovers.

Cufre and Scaloni both of them had bad match, I see and I hear alot about them in their clubs but the don't show it here, I saw Scaloni doing everything right in la liga and I always say he can be a good replacement for Zanetti and when the match comes I feel really sad.

I cant blame Burdisso coz didnt play that much, el pato had a good match as well.

FINAL NOTE's,

1- hope to see alot of Palacios in future, the kid has good control on the ball and he entered in the last 8 mins but did a great things with the ball.

2- Who's mad on Pekerman's after this result with the young team??

·
Registered
216 Posts
First win for Argentina in La Paz since 1973.

·
18,041 Posts
People, read my words: DON'T analyse players base on this game, they barely could move, they hjad hard time to even measure the power of a pass, they didn't pressure because they couldn't measure distance, mainly in second half. Galletti managed the altitude more than good, and played near his normal level, Cambiasso could in first half, in the second he was dead, but again is not a match to measure anyone, even when I don't like Duscher a bit, the only thing to measure was the ATTITUDE, and they got a 10 in that, they ran everything they could, is agreat result, that allowed us to **** up even in three games in a row, and still have achnace to go, was a great step, and th experimnent resulted, funny was that was more deserved to win in first half than second..but hey, this is football, "the dinamic of the unthinkable".

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
But I measured Duscher and Scaloni for Ger and Bol matches.

I still have faith on Scaloni..

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Great win...it's almost criminal like to have to play in a city like La Paz and we havent won there since '73..Our players played with the right attitude and given the circumstances we did very well. It was smart of Pekerman to call up a very large squad totaling 33 players..This means that the players that will face Colombia will be very fresh and up to the challenge...Things are looking good!

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
:thmbup: to the players, I'm happy with this one given the conditions they have to endure. I am looking forward to the match against Colombia.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Argentina battle past Bolivia
by Paul Higham - created on 26 Mar 2005

Argentina came from a goal down to keep their World Cup qualifying charge going strong with a 2-1 win in Bolivia.

Argentina, who fielded a weakened team for the match, top the South American World Cup qualifying group, while their hosts on Saturday are propping up the table.

However, a trip to the altitude of La Paz is always a testing journey, and Jose Pekerman's troops found it hard work for most of the match.

It was the hosts who broke the deadlock when Jose Castillo found the back of the net five minutes after half time.

The lead lasted just eight minutes, however, as Argentina were stung into action with Villarreal's former Birmingham ace Luciano Figueroa drawing the visitors level.

Argentina took a foothold in the game and Real Zaragoza marksman Luciano Galletti popped up with what turned out to be the winner after 63 minutes.

Pekerman will be relieved to have come through a real test, and increase their lead at the top of the group to five points.

Second-placed Brazil now have all the pressure on them when they play host to Peru in their next game on Sunday.

·
18,041 Posts
galleti needs to play more, even as a starter always, he brings results.
Galletti is the type of surprise I won't make the slighter complain, I always like him, he dribbles, makes great crosses, has a great shot, very god attitude, and in NT the few times great, in Yoouth one..simply no words. he was excellent, some players are like born for the NT, him looks like one of them. BTW not because this game, he isn't as flashy as Chelito can be, but hard to see him playing bad at club or NT level, and no few crackers in his career.

Bati, I like a lot the person/determination of Scaloni, and he can fill various roles, I'm kind of fanatic of his attitude, his necessary hotblooded (not dumb) ingredient, maybe will bother me if areally way better i the technical aspect is let down because of him, but still I like him..about Duscher, he can have, good/bad/ mediocre games, not uselles, but I want him far from the NT, he is in zone/role I have tons of choices ahead of him. But I guess Pekerman is everyday sending the message that he likes the way this TEAM interact, is really a group with good terms of competence, very rare at this level, and the seed he planted years ago with them is noticeable still tghere, they understand him, and the players know how to deal between them in a very pro way. This will be the essential ingredient I think will leave no few of many players I like out of the final list.

PD:I will like to see if Palacio can have some minutes against Colombia.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Palacio is class. Saw him against Independiente and he caused the most problems of anyone. Uses space very, very well and is an effective player.

·
18,041 Posts
Del, wasn't even near his best performances in Banfield, he is paying right of entrance yet, because he has no few falir in his game too.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Very interesting indeed Fangio. If there is more to come than the NT might have a player here. Tell me, is he likely to keep starting games now for Boca? I would think surely Palacio is a better option then Chelo Delgado?

·
18,041 Posts
Well we can lay both either, the problem wit Chelo is like almost evry once great wing, with years began to leave the line, and making too much diagonals, and indivifual moves, Placaio being new, still plays like an orthodox wing.
The main problem in Boca is the aging def mids, but with great experience, the lack of playmaker, the unnecessary return of Matellan as LB, or buing just a normal player Baiano is as RB, I can't believe we were so lame in adquisitions and arming a team or renovating players that should leave this year. Which leads to another example of Bianchi's intelliegence, he knows when to come, when to leave, how to command.
Nowadays is all about management struuggles, rare bussiness, and so on. Benitez is starting to leaving aside the ones that put him in the bench as coach, is a mistery if youngsters will release their potentiall, if older ones will accept his new policies...

·
Registered
564 Posts
congratulations for ur win against bolivia..
but believe me it is not a good plan to have more than one team to play in the qualification games :dontcare:

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
RIVALDO10 said:
but believe me it is not a good plan to have more than one team to play in the qualification games :dontcare:
It would have been madness to play the best 11 in La Paz :thmbdown:

Therefore I don't believe you :jester:

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
RIVALDO10 said:
that's not the plan, it was only for la paz and maybe again for quito...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts