Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just read on sportsnet.hr that Boksic has an injury of the stomach muscle has anyone heard of that as well? they say its not too serious but im worried here:dazed: Boze day da moze zaigrati u ovo svijetsko prvenstvo i dont wan't to worry anyone i just want to know if anyone has more info on this latest occurance

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Always read Slobodna and Vecernjak Tommy ;)

they have reporters staying with the Vatreni in Japan, so they have news. Boksic and Rapaic failed to train the morning after we arrived over there. It wasn't a real training though, the players were allowed to sleep for as long as they felt neccessary, and were taken onto the pitch for streches and basic excercise. Rapaic was complaining of aches and pains, and said he can't feel his legs or backbone, jetlag most likely. Boksic had a stomach cramp, and was served a special meal at the Croatian camp. He resumed full training that evening, but pulled out 20 minutes in due to the stomach bug. He later jogged and shot around with the team. He says he's fine now, and he was sick because of the 20 hour trip.

A new development voices concern about his abdomen, but the doctors findings have not been made public. All in all, it seems a minor injury.

They all had a good nights sleep and will resume full training tommorow infront of press, and an afternoon session behind locked fences. Jozic says spirits are high, atmosphere is great and that the vatreni all get along.

Suker frequently signs autographs after trainings.

A note of interest, our team will play a friendly with the local club side this week, and will also run a couple of training days with Japanese kids, Jozic will coach them once a week. Our FA is also paying for guide dogs for the blind of that city. They returned the favours with a grand reception, hundreds of Croatian flags everywhere and posers of our national team (some including Cvitanovic and Asanovic)

All in all, the atmosphere is good. When asked about his fears for the Mexico game, Robert Kovac replied "to cemo dobit', pa onda idemo dalje"

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Re: Boksic ...

It's probably the most resounding question from France98 - what if Alen had've played? ...

I firmly believe Suker wouldn't have had the impact he did, but on the other hand they could've been far more fruitful as a pairing ... and could've done some serious damage at 1-0 over France in the semi ...

Let's just hope AB is passed fit and we can see (albeit with older legs) what might've been this time around :)

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
darn it man, just as we get an argument going in the other thread, you turn around and offer some support. Thanks for the wishes, and I hope Boka is fit and ready too.

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Hey just because we dont see eye-to-eye on a particular issue doesn't mean I'm anti-Croatian football ;)

One of my favourite all-time goals/games was in Euro96 ...

"Schmeichel's off his goal line ... can they find him? They can! Suker v Schmeichel ... What trick can he come up with this time??? OH MY WORD! OH MY WORD!!"

I have it on tape, I reckon I broke the rewind button on my VCR thanks to that one ;)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Croatia's Boksic lightly injured

ZAGREB, May 22 (Reuters) - Croatia's top striker Alen Boksic has strained stomach muscles and will train separately from the squad for the next three days, state radio reported from the squad's training camp in Japan on Wednesday.

However, after medical tests, doctors said the injury-prone 32-year-old would be fit for Croatia's opening group G game against Mexico on June 3.

The former Lazio and Juventus player missed Euro 96 and was injured again when Croatia finished third at the last World Cup finals in France in 1998.

Croatia also face Italy and Ecuador in the opening phase which begins in South Korea on May 31.
05/22/02 10:08 ET

Copyright 2002 Reuters Limited. All rights reserved.

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
I never would have thought a non-Cro would have ever pondered that question.

dyetribe, I think Suker's impact would have been greater.

Boksic would have set him up for at least two more goals.

Jamaica and Japan could not contain a healthy, fit, in-form Boksic and would have been forced to double up on him thus freeing Suker ever more.

·
©
7,230 Posts
I read sportnet.hr and they seem to think it is very bad and that he will probably miss out. I really hope you are all correct when saying it isn't as bad as what they are making out.:(

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
He will train lightly for 3 days, then resume full training.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
remember Simic's "injury" few days ago? ;-)

wonder why i am not lurkin around forums this close to the WC, i would go crazy... like ero prolly already did ;-)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts