Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alen Bokšiæ, kao što smo veæ pisali tijekom dana, sa velikom sigurnošæu neæe igrati na ovom SP u Japanu i Južnoj Koreji. Ozljeda je, pokazalo se nakon što su prispjeli nalazi, nije tako bezazlena kao što se èinilo u prvom trenutku. Šteta. "Boka" nikako da zalijeèi svoje ozljede te da napokon nastupi na velikom natjecanju.

Meðutim, možda još ipak nije sve izgubljeno. Službeni stav struènog stožera reprezentacije nismo mogli dobiti, jer svi "glume" da problema nema. Ali, neslužbeno, bez kamera i mikrofona, saznajemo s više strana iz struènog stožera da "kockasti" u Japanu neæe moæi raèunati na Alena Bokšiæa.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like our second best player will not make an appearence. The doctors came back with the findings, and it seems to be of a more serious nature. The officials wont comment, but Drazen Patarcic in Japan claims that Boka is seriously injured.

this is devastating, if it is so, then I doubt we will beat Mexico or get out of our group.

:depress: :depress: :depress: :depress:

·
Registered
461 Posts
holy ****........it seems that we got no luck this world cup......if boksic is out......like.....****!!!!!!!! this is unbeleivable....we b in trouble!!!!!

·
©
7,230 Posts
Ero, that was the article I was referring to in the other thread. But I don't get it because everywhere else says he will be fine. :(

If it is true then Boksic must be the unluckiest player in football.:depress:

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Are you kidding me??? Is there a black cloud over the Vatreni or what??? I mean what more can happen to this team....if this is the case, poor Boksic....2 WC in a row in which he won't be able to play. Well...we just need Davor Suker to step up...I still have great faith in this team. This may not hurt us in group play but it will hurt us as the tournament progresses. It will be tough to even get to the quarter finals...

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Neznam tko laze, but I do know that last night it was a minor problem, all the papers wrote about it, today it's the devastationg news above. the article is from sportnet, and DP is with the press in Japan, he has a laptop and writes his articles from the spot. The other reporters e-mail their articles, they're edited and corrected, then printed the NEXT DAY !

darn I hope that the main news in the Vecernji doesn't confirm Patarcic's hunch.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FIRST TUSHO, NOW BOKA !!

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Stomach injuries are some of the worst you can get as they tend to heal slowly....there was the case of a hockey player who missed most of the NHL season last year because of a stomach muscle pull...the funny thing is that these things seem minor, but when tested further, they are always more serious than previously thought....

Once again, this is horrible news....

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we remember Boban had the same injury and we missed him for the Yugo game.

here's something else, 22-5-2002

Svjetsko prvenstvo u Francuskoj 1998. Alen Bokšiæ je propustio zbog ozljede, a ozljeda ga nije zaobišla ni uoèi ovog SP-a. Alen je ozljedio trbušni zid, no, sreæom, nije rijeè o ozbiljnijoj ozljedi. Nakon što je napustio današnji trening u Tokamachiju svi su se poèeli u nevjerici hvatati za glavu, no magnetna rezonanca je pokazala da je ipak rijeè o lakšoj ozljedi. Sljedeæa tri dana "Boka" æe trenirati po posebnom programu, veæinom u teretani, bez lopte. Nakon toga bi se trebao pridružiti "vatrenima", te se oèekuje kako bi za utakmicu sa Meksikom trebao biti potpuno spreman.

It says he'll be fit for the Mexico game.

·
©
7,230 Posts
Apart from being one of the most talented players going around he is also one of the most fragile. He has had injuries all season and I was just waiting for something to go wrong. Velika steta.

If he doesn't play someone will have to step up....Valovic?? Olic?? Wait for it....maybe even Balaban!?!?

·
Registered
983 Posts
NO WAY.. sh*t im in denial atm.. this is not happeneing.. please someone wake me up :scared:

If this is the case im pretty much convinced our WC will be over after the first round.. we havent got the talent upfront to compensate for his loss. We have lost our 2 biggest guns i feel and if u think we had problems scoring during the qualifiers well this could be even worse.

The way its going and with still over a week until it starts dont be surprised if we lose another big gun.. we r cursed this campaign and thats a fact.. fair enough other teams have lost players but damn we lost out 2 best.

If he doesnt play i see the 2nd round as a major achievment. F*ck i just got to work and read this.. god help any lamer who pisses me off today.. i cant guarantee his safety :fero:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
what does this mean? Mladen Petric will come into the squad? pfft. if Boka is out, then i say send an SOS call for Tomislav Maric.

I doubt he will be ruled out. But this is very very depressing news. First Tudor, now Boksic, next it will be Prosinecki.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
a u tri picke materine !!!

I'm in denial, there's still some hope

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
I'm so devastated that I can't even use my denial line...this is totally messed up.

Alen has no luck and neither does our team...it seems that Murphy's Law is in full swing with this team..you know, "Whatever can go wrong, will." That is the case with this current Vatreni team.

We can't give up though, and may teams are hurting as well...look at Portugal where Costa and Figo are not 100%...we must put this aside and not sulk, just go out and play like the Vatreni can...

The one thing..how much does this affect our game plan??? Do we go more into a bunker type game and wait for a counter attack??? OR do we play like we normaly play????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Boksic ce igrat

This article was relased at 10:00 PM Eastern Time..

I think he will play... a man cannot go with the team, practice, and then all of the sudden get injured so badly as not to recover in time for June 3rd..

Thats my opinion on this rumor... hope its correct.

Agram

Soccer-World-Croatia's Boksic lightly injured

ZAGREB, May 22 (Reuters) - Croatia's top striker Alen Boksic has strained stomach muscles and will train separately from the squad for the next three days, state radio reported from the squad's training camp in Japan on Wednesday.

However, after medical tests, doctors said the injury-prone 32-year-old would be fit for Croatia's opening group G game against Mexico on June 3.

The former Lazio and Juventus player missed Euro 96 and was injured again when Croatia finished third at the last World Cup finals in France in 1998.

Croatia also face Italy and Ecuador in the opening phase which begins in South Korea on May 31.
05/22/02 10:08 ET

·
Registered
983 Posts
Damn i need confirmation.. the tension is ripping me apart.. i cant think strait atm :nervous:

And the WC hasnt even started yet :(

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
i almost commited suicide after hearing the first part of this thread! but i see there is still hope!

AJMO SE SVI MOLITI za BOKSICA! God help him to be healthy! we need him NEED HIM! no ifs ands or buts!

Gotta Keep the Faith!

·
Registered
520 Posts
This article talks about x-rays taken.

Hapless Boksic injures abdomen during training

Updated: Wednesday May 22, 2002 08:46 a.m. ET

TOKAMACHI, Japan (AP) -- Croatia's star striker Alen Boksic sustained an abdominal injury during training and will be sidelined for several days as a precautionary measure, coach Mirko Jozic said Wednesday.

"Alen felt some pain above his waist after practice yesterday and he will be taking a break from regular training for a few days as a precaution," Jozic told media at a news conference.

X-rays later showed that Boksic had slightly strained the walls of his abdomen. However, the injury should heal within a couple of days and he is expected to resume normal training, the coach said.

Boksic, 32, is no stranger to injuries. The lanky forward missed Croatia's run to the semifinals of the last World Cup in France 1998 with a knee injury. He also mostly sat on the sidelines during the country's Euro '96 campaign.

The Croats have been limbering up at this recreational resort, some 300 kilometers (188 miles) northwest of the capital, Tokyo, before they kick off their opening match against Mexico in Group G on June 3.

Also in the group are three-time winners Italy and newcomers Ecuador.

Copyright 2002 Associated Press. All rights reserved

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
uuuuffff...man the tension is killing me...

·
Registered
508 Posts
:( :confused: :confused: :depress: i duno wat to say im shocked, hopefuly the media is not making a mountain out of a mo hill, i think boka wil be ok for the mexico game after a few days rest

1 - 20 of 42 Posts