Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boksic confident Croatia can deal with Italy

ZAGREB, May 15 (Reuters) - Croatia striker Alen Boksic is convinced his side will at least draw with group G rivals Italy at the World Cup finals next month.

Boksic spent much of his career playing in Italy with Lazio and Juventus from 1993-2000.

"(Playing Italy) sounds nice, because it is a matter of prestige but Croatia should not be under any pressure for this game," he told Jutarnji List daily on Wednesday.

"Italy have a superb keeper and forwards, but their midfield is made up mostly of defensive players and I am convinced we can easily draw against them," he said.

The 32-year old Middlesbrough striker said Croatia, who finished third at the 1998 World Cup in France, should focus on their other two group rivals.

"What matters more are the games against Ecuador and especially the first one against Mexico," he said. "Beating Mexico will mean we have practically done the job."

Despite being a regular starter in the national team, Boksic will be making his first appearance at a major international tournament after injuries sidelined him from Euro 1996 and France two years later.

"I have achieved everything with clubs, the only thing I lack is at least one good performance at the World Cup," he said.
05/15/02 05:22 ET

Copyright 2002 Reuters Limited.

·
Registered
508 Posts
ye i agree with Boka the first game against mexico will be crucial not only for points to exit the group stage, but also for momentum

·
Registered
508 Posts
opa 100 posts :) ey who can tel me how to make a personal avatar now!?

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
and what's wrong with your current avatar???? ;)

Simple, click 'custom avatar' and browse your computer, have 50-50 pixel images ready on your HD

·
Registered
508 Posts
hmmm this is smotano it wont let me use the pic i want its nothing big jst a smal pic under 20,000 like it sad but it says pixels to much , jebem ti pixels u pixel, how do i derease the quality /pixel of the pic then?

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
just use ACDSee and click the "resize" icon :)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
i'm confident that i'll fail one of my uni exams during the world cup.
World Cup comes along once every 4 years, i can always do the subject next semester :D

If we can beat Mexico, then i think we'll put a couple past Italy. MAybe overconfidence but i have a good feeling about Croatia and their chances in this group. As Ero would say if he were in my shoes, "Buffon will swallow 3"

·
Registered
983 Posts
Confidence is a good thing.. a hint of arrogance doesnt go astay either when playing in a WC :D

Hehe thankfully i booked 3 weeks holidays during the WC so all going well im gonna sit back.. knock down afew tinnies "slang" and hopefully watch our boys once again prove why per capita we r the strongest soccer nation in the world :D;)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live in the States so I gotta get on a funky schedule for a month to be up in the middle of the night to watch games. My friends always tell me to tape the games, but I need to be cheering at the same time as billions of people world wide.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hajduk Chicago said:
I live in the States so I gotta get on a funky schedule for a month to be up in the middle of the night to watch games. My friends always tell me to tape the games, but I need to be cheering at the same time as billions of people world wide.
Hehe ye us folk down in Australia have basically been getting up in the midddle of the night/morning to watch all the previous WC's and EC's to date :(

With our geographical location FOR ONCE we can sit back during prime time and watch the action unfold.. its been a long time coming :)

·
Banned
36,400 Posts
Bruce Willis also confident

In an 'E' exclusive interview, actor Bruce Willis, star of major motion pictures such as "Die Hard" and "The Sixth Sence" also regarded Croatia as a contender for the top two spots in group G.
'Croatia have a great team and I favour them as one of the teams capable of winning' he said. 'They have great chemistry and an exceptional technical style that might see them lift the trophy' said Willis on location in Los Angeles.

Copyright 2002 Reuters Limited.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

well this is certainly good news, I know Bruce was shy when asked about the Croatian NT in previos interviews, but this kind of confidence will do wonders for us.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
He must be shagging a cro bird :D or three.

this is my last post till Monday. I'm off to Canberra tomorrow for a wedding. jebote 3.5 hr drive...what makes it worse is that my old man will be watching the speedometre all the way down :groan:

i've noticed that the forum has been slowing down recently...maybe everyone is soo excited about the WC that we have nothing to say. Hopefully i have a good read when i get back.

cheers.

·
Registered
508 Posts
i tried re size and made it very small and yet it stil says to many pixels :groan:

·
Keyboard Hero
8,368 Posts
I look at the players we have now and I too am confident.

We have good footballers and a blend of youth and experience.

........and we shall wipe the slated clean of these so called footballing nations and prove that the Croats are the world's FINEST, the only deserving ones that remain......

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Hmm

mARZ said:
Confidence is a good thing.. a hint of arrogance doesnt go astay either when playing in a WC :D

Hehe thankfully i booked 3 weeks holidays during the WC so all going well im gonna sit back.. knock down afew tinnies "slang" and hopefully watch our boys once again prove why per capita we r the strongest soccer nation in the world :D;)
Why only 3 weeks:confused:
Croatia won´t play the final before the 4:th week is ending;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts