Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bojinov nets Under-21 call Monday 2 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lecce¡¦s teenage sensation Valeri Bojinov has been included in the Bulgarian Under-21 squad for the first time.

The 17-year-old is making a real name for himself in Serie A and he¡¦s been named in the squad to face Greece on February 18.

Bojinov, who made his top-flight debut at the age of just 15, has been a regular in the Lecce side this term.

His potential hasn¡¦t been lost on big clubs either. Both Lazio and Premiership giants Arsenal have watched the forward on a number of occasions this season.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bojinov attracts transfer interest Wednesday 22 September, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valeri Bojinov’s excellent start to the new season hasn’t gone unnoticed by some of Europe’s biggest clubs.

The 18-year-old has already scored three goals in two League games for Lecce which has enhanced his reputation.

Italy’s major clubs have been monitoring him for some time given that he made his top-flight debut at the age of just 15.

But a number of Europe’s biggest names are also taking an interest in the player, who some are labelling as Serie A’s answer to Wayne Rooney.

Barcelona and Arsenal are two sides who have been recently mentioned as prospective buyers at the end of this season.

Bojinov, who netted a beauty against Atalanta on Saturday, is a powerful and technically gifted forward.

He was associated with a move to Lazio in the summer but remained at the Via Del Mare after Javier Chevanton was sold to Monaco.

channel4

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
YEah :)

There is a piece of rumour every day in teh BG sports press. Every day a team wants him apparantly. And no wonder, the guy is doing wonders. A magnificant 1st season in Serie A and a great start to this one. A firm NT call and most probably quite a firm place in teh starting 11 for teh BG NT/ Teh guy is a sensation, I hope he and mostly people around him, like his dad, his agent, BG NT caoch Stoickov and his Lecce caoches to take good care of him an be aware he might burn out.

FORZA BOJINOV :D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this kid should join INTER... :D:D:D

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bojinov has Juve dream Monday 4 October, 2004

Lecce young gun Valeri Bojinov has revealed that he would like Juventus to be his next club.

The 18-year-old has made a stunning start to the season and a summer move seems likely for the striker.

Both Milan clubs, Barcelona and Arsenal have been linked with £14m bids but the Turin giants could win the likely auction.

"I would like to play for Juventus because they are a massive club," said the Giallorossi superstar.

"They are a real team who never get bored of winning and that is a characteristic that they share with me."

Bojinov joined the Via Del Mare outfit at the age of 12 and is now living up to his potential under attacking tactician Zdenek Zeman.

The Bulgarian has scored four goals so far this term and is unsurprisingly in his national side’s plans.

He’s been selected for next week’s World Cup qualifiers but may not feature as he has a slight muscle problem.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bono said:
Why do you want him to ruin his career? What do you have against him? Please, carson ...
tottenham would be glad to take him as well... :)

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Well that's a graveyard of players if there is one.

So the kid likes Juve...hmm, much better than those black and red (what an awful awful combination of colours!) folks...at least this guy (I guess it's pronounced Bozhinov?) likes the right colours. ;)

·
Registered
5,889 Posts
Andrija PFC said:
black and red (what an awful awful combination of colours!)

Yeah, bur for some reason it is/was very fashionable in Bg to wear red with black and often white too. :irritate:

I agree to a great extent with you bar when talking about red 'bordo' and suits.
;)

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
Bojinoff will be awesome in red and black no question. It all depends how far his ambitions go - locally only (Juve) or Euorpe wise. If he wants to win big in Europe there is only one place in Italy for it - Milanello. :)

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
On a different note thou.

It seems like we are getting a very very decent attacking force together for teh NT. Bojinoff is a sencation and bar injuries he will only get better and bigger; Berbatov is one of the most wanted forwards these days with rumours taking him from Marseille to Depor and so on, Manchev is pretty solid for a Spanish early wonder team Levante, scoring 3 or 4 already, plus Hristov and Martin Petrov's Wolfsburg are leading the Bundesliga.

Nothing too spectacular, but quite solid IMO. And they are all quite young. Time is ahead of us.

As awayls our NT probs lie in teh defense. And sadly I dont see it changing soon.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vucinic following Chevanton career Saturday 23 October, 2004

Mirko Vucinic is the latest youngster to make his mark at Lecce and attract the interest of big clubs.

“I know that Lecce have brought up some truly important players over the last few years and launched them on to the scene,” commented the 21-year-old. “I hope to be added to that list of stars who started out here.”

Javier Ernesto Chevanton graduated from the Giallorossi school to star for Monaco, while Valeri Bojinov has attracted interest from Milan, Juventus and several overseas sides.

Vucinic has already made an impact with three goals in just two Serie A games this season, including his splendid brace for the victory over Palermo last week.

“The player I try to base myself on is Andriy Shevchenko,” revealed the Serb, “but I consider the best in Italy to be Francesco Totti.”

Vucinic could get the chance to play alongside his heroes soon enough, as there are already reports that Roma, Milan and Juventus are eyeing the young talent.

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Player of the Week: Bojinov (Lecce) Friday 29 October, 2004

Many expected Adriano to shine at the Via Del Mare on Wednesday but it was an 18-year-old Bulgarian who stole the show. Although the Brazilian netted almost instantly against Lecce, Valeri Bojinov again illustrated that he’s a youngster to keep a close eye on as his outscored the South American by two goals to one.

It comes as no surprise to hear that some of Europe’s biggest clubs are monitoring the international striker. After all, he does lead the Serie A scoring charts – with Adriano and Vincenzo Montella – on six goals. Yet his double against Inter was especially sweet for him given that some of the Giallorossi fans hadn’t been too impressed with his performances of late.

Maybe he has accustomed them to too much. But if players of the calibre of Francesco Totti, Christian Vieri and Alex Del Piero can have a bad game, then surely this teenager has the right to disappoint every now and then.

Bojinov was simply superb in midweek. His first goal was a stunning strike from outside the area, while his second was a reward for his intelligent run to get behind the consistently leaky Inter defence. Given Juventus’ win over Roma in Turin, which moved them 10 points clear of the Milan based side, this Bulgarian may already have virtually ended Inter’s dreams of winning Lo Scudetto for another season.

The Bianconeri put in a solid performance to maintain their leadership. An improving Alex Del Piero found the target, but Juventus’ victory was also constructed thanks to the brilliance of goalkeeper Gigi Buffon, Lilian Thuram and Emerson. All three were vital in the win, with the ‘keeper making heroic saves from Vincenzo Montella and Traianos Dellas.

Milan maintained their chase with a 3-0 win over Atalanta. Boss Carlo Ancelotti decided to give a few squad players a chance and they didn’t let him down. Kakha Kaladze was excellent and also found the target. Christian Brocchi impressed but Manuel Rui Costa illustrated just how good a player he still is – despite no longer being guaranteed a starting shirt.

Numerous other players deserve a mention for their midweek form. Udinese’s Morgan De Sanctis, who saved a penalty, Marek Jankulovski and Dino Fava were all key in the 1-0 win at Bologna – for whom Christian Amoroso again caught the eye despite the surprise home defeat.

Lazio won at home, at last, with the help of an inspired Christian Manfredini. He was in Chievo-like form for the capital side. New Italian international Mauro Esposito was again on target for Cagliari, while David Chiumiento – on loan from Juventus – didn’t let Siena down with a fine game.

Things seem to be improving at crisis-hit Fiorentina – mainly thanks to two Juventus old boys. Enzo Maresca gave quality and quantity, plus a goal, to the Viola midfield, while Fabrizio Miccoli waved his magic wand to gift the Tuscan’s a vital win at Reggina. Could he become the best No 10 in Florence since Roberto Baggio?

Words: Antonio Labbate

channel4

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Barca head Bojinov chase Wednesday 3 November, 2004

Barcelona have reportedly taken an early lead in the race to sign Lecce young gun Valeri Bojinov.

The Bulgarian is one of the most wanted players in Europe right now after a simply splendid start to the season.

Bojinov, an international striker, is just 18-years-old but has already netted six goals in Serie A so far this term.

That has seem him linked with a host of top clubs with the Nou Camp outfit ready to make a summer swoop.

Barca have received favourable reports from their former striker, Hristo Stoichkov, who has great faith in his fellow countryman.

Yet the Spanish giants are set to face some stiff competition from a number of Italian clubs and also Arsenal.

Gunners’ boss Arsene Wenger is a known admirer of Bojinov who made his Serie A debut at the age of just 15.

Juventus, Milan, Inter and Roma are also very keen on landing the forward who appeared at Euro 2004.

channel4

·
Registered
43,395 Posts
He is a real sensation. I saw Lecce-Udnie - two more goals, two great goals and so much pace, phicsical presence and skill. And the shot he has is amazing :star: I am not sure which team is best for him right now, but if he goe slike that, he wont stay at Lecce. If he scores 15+ thsi season he is destined to a big club - Italian or Spanish. I woudl say teh choice is b/n Milan, Inter and Barca, and may be Arsenal. Inter is there not b/s they need him but b/s they used to co-own him and they have the tendency to sign players for the sake of it.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bojinov calls Chelsea Saturday 27 November, 2004

Lecce may claim they don’t want to sell him for at least another year, but Valeri Bojinov admits he’s waiting for an enticing offer from a big club.

“If an offer we couldn’t refuse came in from an important side, why shouldn’t I accept it?” said the teenage hitman. “This isn’t just for me, but also for the good of Lecce.”

The youngest player ever to make his debut in Serie A at the age of 15, Bojinov has really come into his own this season with eight goals.

Nicknamed the ‘Bulgarian Wayne Rooney’, the 18-year-old has already attracted interest from Chelsea, Juventus, Milan and Roma.

There are even reports that Roman Abramovich has put a £8m bid on the table for a January move – as he would be eligible for the Champions’ League.

“My dream is for the fans and club to have fond memories of me when I leave,” he told Tuttosport. “I want to remain in the supporters’ hearts by scoring lots of goals.”

Lecce will take on Bologna this weekend, but Coach Zdenek Zeman remains cagey on the verdict of the doping trial into Juve’s medical practices.

“Right now I only want to discuss our match,” said the man whose interview six years ago kicked off the investigation. “I will comment when the time is right.”

channel4

1 - 20 of 77 Posts