Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking that it's a bit sad that when he plays, this 17 year old is just about the best and most consistent player currently playing for a huge club like Barca. I mean its great that he is showing so much promise at such a young age but it's sad that the rest of the squad look so poor. His attitude is brilliant and the majority of the other players could do with trying to emulate his attitude. I don't think we'd be 7 points behind Madrid if they did.

I think he's gonna be one hell of a player in 2 or 3 years when he gets a bit stronger and more experienced! I also think he should be starting ahead of some of the players that get to start ahead of him purely on name alone and not on current form.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I'd love to see him get more playing time than he does, but unfortunately we have a 30-year-old megastar pulling down the highest wages at the club with a four-year contract, and an ego the size of the Iberian peninsula, which pretty much guarantees him a certain amount of playing time no matter how sh*t he plays.

Edit: And if we do end up with a new coach next season I hope it'll be someone who doesn't want to solely play with a 4-3-3. I'd love to see Bojan play up front with Eto'o in a 4-4-2, or just behind him in a 4-2-3-1 at times, but as I say, with that certain other player in the squad, even if he puts in mediocre performances he'll still start ahead of Bojan.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
what's sad is that at this point of the season a lot of us get hope for the final games from a 17 year old. Why? Because he has illusion, hunger, desire to succeed.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
what's sad is that at this point of the season a lot of us get hope for the final games from a 17 year old. Why? Because he has illusion, hunger, desire to succeed.
Why do you say it's sad? In my opinion, if you're good enough, you're old enough, so regardless of whether a player is 17 or 33, as long as they're able to provide inspiration, I'm happy, but if the player in question is young then all the better as we have years of him to look forward to.
And it's not like he's the only source of hope; I'm sure Eto'o, Xavi, Iniesta, Toure et al. will put in some great performances before the end of the season.

Culéd said:
I think Henry has done a lot to Bojan.
Judging by all those pics of the two of them together I fear you're right. :scared:
Dunno how much I buy into the idea of Henry being his idol though. Sounds a bit too much like players who move to new clubs and then suddenly reveal that they're life long fans. ;)

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Usually you'd be right and it would indeed be sad for a club like Barcelona to get hope from a little boy, but in this case I disagree. Bojan has a lot of talent, we have the future's number one striker in the world in him. It isn't sad, but for me - delightful.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Usually you'd be right and it would indeed be sad for a club like Barcelona to get hope from a little boy, but in this case I disagree. Bojan has a lot of talent, we have the future's number one striker in the world in him. It isn't sad, but for me - delightful.
You said it yourself, future number one. Now, he is just a young lad who doesn't deserve to carry any pressure at title winning time. The fact that he has to speaks to the disappointing actions of others.

That's what sad, not his talent.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
Will he be playing for Spain or Yugoslavia in the future?

Bojan reminds me of Rooney only with more technical ability. Future superstar. Just hope that Barca look after him & don't burn him out.

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Seeing as he has already played for Spain's U21 team and Yugoslavia doesn't exist any more, my guess would be Spain :D

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
Sorry I meant Serbia....

Anyway it would be great to see him playing for Spain NT.

·
Registered
44,372 Posts
Will he be playing for Spain or Yugoslavia in the future?

Bojan reminds me of Rooney only with more technical ability. Future superstar. Just hope that Barca look after him & don't burn him out.
Spain, he's already stated that.

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
had a bad game yesterday..

frank is putting too much responsibility on the 17 year old.. he should still be introduced gradually when we're leasing but frank is being careless and if he keeps doing it it will affect this great player's confidence

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
He meant to do it, but he didn't quite pull it off. Always entertaining to see the confidence of youth though.
No, he didn't, he meant to backheel it to Iniesta. As he also later stated.

had a bad game yesterday..

frank is putting too much responsibility on the 17 year old.. he should still be introduced gradually when we're leasing but frank is being careless and if he keeps doing it it will affect this great player's confidence
No he didn't. He had an average first half but his second half was good when he moved to the left. Our problem is we dont really have a natural backup to Messi.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts