Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ViscaBarçaInter brought this link to the Barça forum:
http://www.bocajuniors.com.ar/english/notacompleta.cfm?id=4822

It says that Barça will play in Boca's centenary celebrations between August 3rd and August 10th. I didn't hear anything about that in Spain. Is it totally confirmed?

As far as I know, Barça will do a summer tour that could be in Japan and China or in the US and Mexico, but I didn't know this.

If this is true, how will Barça be received? I can't recall Barça playing in Argentina in the last years. As you know, there's a huge Argentinian community in Spain and also in Barcelona. It's easy to see Boca jerseys in Barcelona and not only among Argentinian people. Boca is a club admired here.

On the other hand, Maradona constantly talks shit about us in a madness that I can't understand. Besides, there is the "legend" that Barça is a club where Argentinians fail and one of the last examples was the problems of Boca's idol, Riquelme, in the Camp Nou. How is Barça seen there?

Anyway, as Barça fan, it will be a pleassure to be in the centenary celebrations of one of the most important clubs in South American and in the world. The tours in Asia are okay to make money, but it's always better to meet rivals with history and tradition. Besides, playing in La Bombonera is something that happens only once in life for Europeans (if it happens!).

Seeing the dates, I think that you can't expect the best Barça, because they'll be starting the pre-season with only a couple of weeks of training, so the team will be far from its best form. Besides, being a friendly match, Barça won't play the whole match with its best players, although I guess that you'll have the chance to watch Messi. I also wonder how Maxi will be received. :D

Happy birthday Boca! :thmbup:

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Is true, about how will be you receive..well Roman affair maybe create some rare atmosphere, Maxi will be bad treated..and mostly I can't believe we are going to probably face Barca with the worst team in ages, with all the madness atmosphere, lately in Boca; but hopefully Palacio, Gago, Vargas, will gain their place and we can have a great match, if not you will face the Grannies Football Club...BTW, in an hipotetic and probably scenario, don't ever dare to buy Palacio, Gago or Vargas after the game, I don't know about the rest of the fans, pero Juan, vas a hacer que vaya personalmente a cagaralo a trompadas a Laporta si eso pasa jejeje

1 - 2 of 2 Posts