Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boca beat Gremio by 1-0 in an U-20 tournament that was held in Switerzerland. The final agaisnt Gremio was a tense affair but Boca played some great football and deserved the title. On the way to winning the final Boca also beat Lazio's U-20 side.

The star of the tournament was the scorer of the only goal against Gremio. His name is Franco Cángele and from what I understand he is avery promising forward that has come up the ranks in Boca's youth teams.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
We got a great future ahead Czar..

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
Thanks czar about giving us the latest news about the youth teams and players in Argentina.

Nothing better than beating a Brazilian team in the final:D
Dale Boca.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Good to hear.

Czar (or anyone). Because i live in England, i dont get to see much Argentinian football (They have one match a week on a Thursday). Could anyone give me some opinions about some of these youngsters.

I know quite a bit about the first 4, just want to know how they are regarded in Argentina:

Carlos Tevez (Boca)
Maxi Lopez (River)
Alejandro Dominguez (River)
Maxi Bustos (Velez)
Javier Pinola (Chacarita)
Ramon Pedro Ortiz (Huracan)
Daniel Luduena (River)
Daniel Calamante (River)
Juan Carrizo (River)
Lucas Correa (Rosario)
Hugo Colace (Arg. Jnrs)

Plus any other really up and coming youngsters.

Also Czar have you got any other info on Franco Cangele (position, DOB, squad number)

Thanks very much.

Look forward to June 7th!

Paul

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Tevez is a great attacking player for Boca, he can play as a forward or in the middle, on the left said, he can also occupy Riquelme's position, some people say he is his successor, great future ahead.

Maxi lopez, a very fast and talented River striker, he's been having some minutes this year in River, expect gerat things form this youngster in the future..

·
Registered
257 Posts
Zep, cheers. I already know alot about those 2, wanted to know what press/Fans thought of them a bit more,

The others i wanted more info on.

If you get any more let me know

Thanks alot again

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paul I'll give you insights on the Argentinean prospects that you have listed in your post between now and the now and the next few days..

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What in the Copa Libertadores ? Sorry, but Boca has won it for the past two years and River last did so in '96. Boca is still in it this year, so let's see what happens. Never write us off.. Let's not forget that Argentinean clubs have won the Copa Libertadores more then any other S.American nation.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Dale Boca, that's right Czar, never right us off, we will pull a win next week at olimpia, you'll see...

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
I saw the match against Olimpia, Boca players missed alot of easy chances. Even Olimpia goal scored by our DF.
I think Boca can beat them in their home ground.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts