Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been hearing a lot of this seventeen year old
i saw him in the match between DC United and tampa bay was good
but if anyone could give me more information about him.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Bobby Convey

Height: 5-8 ft.
Weight: 150 lbs.
Born: Feb/27/83
Hometown: Philadelphia, PA
Prep: Penn Charter HS
Draft Status: Selected by D.C. with the 12th overall pick in the 2000 SuperDraft

National Team: The 16-year-old Convey is captain of the U-18 National Team ... Played in all six games, starting one, of the Americans fourth-place run during the 1999 FIFA U-17 World Youth Championships … Has made 45 appearances for the U.S. in 1999, starting 43 … Tied for second in goals scored with 19 and is second in scoring with 53 points (19g, 15a) behind Landon Donovan (24g, 7a =55pts.) … Youngest player at the age of 15 on U-17 team to play in '99 CONCACAF Qualifying Tournament ... Assisted on the historic game-winning goal against Argentina in the USA's 4-3 win in Buenos Aires … Made his international debut with the U-17s on Feb. 14, 1998 against Guatemala ... A member of the 1998 U.S. U-16 National Team player pool ... Scored two international goals and tallied two assists in eight games in '98.

Prep: One of three Project-40 players (DaMarcus Beasley and Seth Trembly) attending Bradenton Academy as part of the U.S. U-17 Residential Program at the Bollitieri Academy … Selected to the 2000 and 1999 Parade Magazine High School All-America Team ... Named 1998 Philadelphia High School Player of the Year as a freshman at Penn Charter HS, PA ... A 1999 and 1998 NSCAA Youth All-America ... First freshman to win MVP of his high school's division in '98 ... Selected to the All-League, All-Southeastern Penn, All-East and All-State teams in 1998 ... Helped Penn Charter to a 16-2-3 record in '98 scoring 12 goals... A member of the Penn Charter HS track and basketball teams ... A three-year (1996, '97 and '98) honor roll student at Penn Charter HS … Played varsity high school soccer as an 8th grader.

anymore questions??

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the information but has he ever represented u.s.a as full international or only u-17 and u-18.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts