Xtratime Community banner

21 - 40 of 55 Posts

·
International
5,629 Posts
LadyEagle said:
I think he means "mau olhar" or something.

btw- Good luck, RedE & Alc. :)
Thank you Lady E! :)

Alc is referring to the old "Evil Eye" thing. Basically you try to protect personal accomplishments from anyone who might wish to harm you and sort of wish you bad karma or something. I know a lot of people who believe in this. And I am one of them. Just see my Portista example. :D

BTW ALC what are you naming the twins. I know one of them is a boy and the other a girl right?

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
RedEagle said:

Thank you Lady E! :)

Alc is referring to the old "Evil Eye" thing. Basically you try to protect personal accomplishments from anyone who might wish to harm you and sort of wish you bad karma or something. I know a lot of people who believe in this. And I am one of them. Just see my Portista example. :D
As I demonstrated with the results of my scientific study, Portista putridity has nuffin to do with "evil eye" or any other such nonsense. Please see my notes on the experiment.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
I also liked the Tiago name but my girl likes Marisa & Christian and my girl is due next Saturday March 30th! I'm taking next week off from work so I'm home when she goes into labor and I also get 2 weeks paternity leave paid after the kiddies are born!

Did I tell you's I'm scared sh!t? Now that the time is getting closer!

I'm having reaccuring nightmares where instead of twins the Doc just keeps pulling babies out one after another and my whole family is there and they're yelling "boy...boy....girl...boy....girl" depending on what comes out!

Oh yeah and when I realize what's going on I notice I'm in my boxers and I look around and Pinto de Costa is there stuffing money in the Doc's pocket so he keeps pulling out babies! Then I get redcarded and I have to leave the room and I wake up!

It's crazy!!!!:eek:

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
ALCATRAZ said:

I'm having reaccuring nightmares where instead of twins the Doc just keeps pulling babies out one after another and my whole family is there and they're yelling "boy...boy....girl...boy....girl" depending on what comes out!

Oh yeah and when I realize what's going on I notice I'm in my boxers and I look around and Pinto de Costa is there stuffing money in the Doc's pocket so he keeps pulling out babies! Then I get redcarded and I have to leave the room and I wake up!

BWahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:D

·
International
5,629 Posts
ALCATRAZ said:
I also liked the Tiago name but my girl likes Marisa & Christian and my girl is due next Saturday March 30th! I'm taking next week off from work so I'm home when she goes into labor and I also get 2 weeks paternity leave paid after the kiddies are born!

Did I tell you's I'm scared sh!t? Now that the time is getting closer!

Dude, that is too funny! Thanks for making me laugh so hard.

:D

I guess I'm not so bad.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Sporting-Boavista Match Thread

One week until the biggest game of the season. Might as well start the talk. :D

I kind of liked yesterday's line-up. I think Tello and Quaresma together makes for a very dangerous pair of wingers. Tello played well enough for a guy who rarely gets a game. My only concern is that it might be too adventurous for a road game against Boa.

Are we suffering from any injuries? Did Beto and Rui Jorge not play due to injury or disqualification? Or were they protected from picking up another yellow and getting DQed for the Boa match?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sporting Vs Boavista, Battle Of The Titans!!!!

Well, It has finally arrived!!

This saturday at 4:00pm(EDT) on RTPi, the biggest game of the year will take place!!

Most people would agree in saying that whoever leaves this game victorious will be crowned 2001/2002 champions!!!

This game will definitely have a little of everything:

excitement, great play by both squads, controversy etc, etc...

I think Scp will defeat Boavista 2-1 because Scp has proved to everyone that they are the best team in portugal this year and have the streak to prove it!!!!

I just hope (pray to god) it's not a repeat of the Scp- Fc porto disaster that left sporting with only 8 players left standing!!

Viva Sporting:D :D :D :D :D

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Since I had already staerted a topic on the big match a few days agao, I decided to merge the thread you created with mine. The bigger the better. :)

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Do you know of any key injuries? I'm still not sure if Jorge and Beto were injured out just out due to card concerns. I suppose I should check the team site. ;)

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
CLick here!

According to this news from teh official site, Rui Jorge and Paulo Bento are back to training. Beto and Barbosa are hurt, as are Luis Filipe and Sa Pinto, which we all knew.

JVP, Viana and Nelson are off with the selecao.

So, except for Beto and Barbosa being hurt, we should have all our major players. Tello can cover for Barbosa (although maybe not as well), but Beto's leadership will be missed. If we have a strong Rui Jorge back, I think we'll be OK.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Sporting open the match in what appears to be a 3-5-2 or 3-5-1-1 depending on how you look at it. With Rui Jorge and Prates and the wingbacks, SCP are starting out conservatively. Look to see Quaresma or Tello come on later if SCP need an offensive spark on the wing.

Hopefully, Prates and Jorge will be able to send Jardel some useful crosses or else offense will be scarce.

Both teams seem to be tackling hard (especially Boa) and the ref is allowing it. So long as it's consistent, I can't complain.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Minute 15: Nelson makes a decent save but leaves teh ball sitting in front of the goal. Thank God our defender was there and not a Boa forward. Neslon gets away with a bit of stupidity.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
0-0 at the half.

So far, Sporting has played as if a draw is what they want and they are doing a good job. Boa had a couple of decent scoring chances, but nothing much. Possession probably goes to Boa as Sporting are sitting back, but the possession has been nuetralized. Can't really say either side is dominating, but Boa has had more offensive looks.

The second half will tell us if Boloni wants to win or if he thinks a draw is enough. I wonder if and when Quaresma or Tello enter the match. If either one does (or both) then we know Boloni wants to steal a late victory.

As it stands, Sporting are looking to score off set pieces as little has been created offensively through the flow of play.

Jardel seems to playing a lot more defense and off the ball then usual. I guess he's willing to work a little more when a championship lies in teh balance.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Boavista come out for the second half and appear to be pressing the issue. They've pretty much had the ball for the opening 5 minutes.

Barbosa looks to be warming up on the sidelines, so maybe Boloni will make a substitution for a bit more offensive support.

Jardel has yet to have any serious looks at the goal. Boa are shutting him down to this point.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
As I return to the Lazy-Boy, Jardel puts a header off the cross bar. The keeper was beaten. UGH!!!

Maybe with one good look at the goal, Jardel will get more. :hopefull:

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Sporting starting to look much more lively. A screw up in the Boa defense led to a lost ball, but Prates' cross was short and useless.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Boa send in Silva for Santos.

JVP gets nailed in a 50-50 ball. Looks like his ankle gets twisted but hopefully it isn't anything serious. You know how he loves teh theatrics. ;)

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
JVP is fine.

Duda off for Boavista and on comes Boswinga. Boa looking for offense, I guess.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts