Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premier Player
Joined
·
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The game is still two weeks away.

BUT SO WHAT!!!!!!

The past two champions will be meeting up in a game that will no doubt produce hard tackles, missed calls, diving, insults, a few goals and maybe even a championship.

LET THE SMACK TALKING BEGIN!!!!!!

(but keep it clean ;) )
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15 Posts
Both clubs won today and it is a very close race 60 to 59 right now, neither look like they will lose points anytime soon. I predict a 1-0 Boavista win.

Goal scored by Goulart
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,724 Posts
Man this is the Game of all Games concerning this season !!!

Boa & Sporting Supportters all over the world must have stomach ulcers worrying about this game !!
Both have had great seasons all season and yet it could be decided by one game , one bad period , one bad kick or one freakish kick, one unbeleivable save or an incident where the GK may want to run & cry .......you get the picture ;)
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Hopefully a Boa win but i predict a 2-2 draw. Theres too much at steak for either team to be too adventurous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,724 Posts
I predict a 1-1 draw

Boavista going ahead through Petit on the counter after 50 minutes. the game ebbs & flows wildly for the next 30 minutes , the 2 sides show why they are the top 2 in Portugal !!
on the 81st minute Joao Pinto headers the ball past Ricardo to even it up for Sporting !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27,210 Posts
As for a score, I'm not sure what to predict. I could easily see a 0-0 slug fest like last season. However, I feel quite certain the game will contain a lot of fouls and tackles and shoving. These teams don't hate each other like the SCP-Porto game is getting to, but I know intensely important matches like this don't go without incident. It's been a while since the top two contenders met this late in teh season with literally the championship in the balance. Talk about sweet. I'm already getting goose-bumps. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,074 Posts
I predict a 0-0 game at half-time. Then at the second half, Sporting begins to attack much more agressively and they will come up with a 2-0 win. With Mario Jardel scoring 1 & Joao Pinto 1 aswell.
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Boavista have a problem up front. There forwards have'nt scored for ages so i'd say Sporting have the advantage but anything can happen in these games.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,236 Posts
I believe Serginho scored for Boavista against Santa Clara this past weekend to make 1-0 on a beautiful setup!

This game does give me ulcers cuz like someone said SCP has been too good this year to lose this Championship same for Boa, a loss would be devastating!!!

I believe SCP will show it's true colors and our offense will dismantle Boavista and we'll win 3-0! It will be an all or nothing afair either we'll win 3-0 or tie 0-0!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,724 Posts
manuel said:
Hopefully a Boa win but i predict a 2-2 draw. Theres too much steak for either team to be too adventurous.
Well if there is too much for them , I'll have mine well done ;) with a sagres and some mashed potatoes & peas & corn :D !!
 

·
International
Joined
·
5,629 Posts
Petit will kill JVP and Viana with hard tackles, softening up Sporting for the BEnfica derby. But Sporting will win. Thus giving Benfica a small opportunity to still catch Boavista for second. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,236 Posts
RedEagle said:
Petit will kill JVP and Viana with hard tackles, softening up Sporting for the BEnfica derby. But Sporting will win. Thus giving Benfica a small opportunity to still catch Boavista for second. ;)
I can live with that! Hopefully we'll be watching that game together and shooting the sh!t about our newborns!
 

·
International
Joined
·
5,629 Posts
ALCATRAZ said:


I can live with that! Hopefully we'll be watching that game together and shooting the sh!t about our newborns!
True. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,236 Posts
COUTO 5 said:


Well if there is too much for them , I'll have mine well done ;) with a sagres and some mashed potatoes & peas & corn :D !!
Hahaha:D! At Steak, I caught that one!

-I'd start out with a caldo verde sopa first as an appetizer then
I like my steak with a piece of presunto and an egg on top, with the thin round Portuguese fries and the yellow rice with black olives! Oh and a bottle of Porta de Ravessa!

-For desert an expresso with a taste of Amaretto or Frangelico and a queijada de nata or what you's call in the continent a pastela de nata!

Looks like I'm going by Casa Portugal for dinner tonight!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,236 Posts
RedEagle said:

Red, your having a boy, right? Any names picked out? PM me if you don't want others to see, I don't know if you's ever heard of the Mao Olho (badeye or italians call malochia) kind of like a curse!

Some peeps I know take that serious they won't show strangers pictures of their kids! Mao Olho works for some people if they are jealous or somthing and it's not that they mean to do it, it just they are jealous and the mao olho hits! Weird I know!
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
COUTO 5 said:


Well if there is too much for them , I'll have mine well done ;) with a sagres and some mashed potatoes & peas & corn :D !!

Sorry at stake as in too much to lose.

Doh! now you'll have me checking my posts like a paranoid post checker or something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,948 Posts
ALCATRAZ said:
I don't know if you's ever heard of the Mao Olho (badeye or italians call malochia) kind of like a curse!

Some peeps I know take that serious they won't show strangers pictures of their kids! Mao Olho works for some people if they are jealous or somthing and it's not that they mean to do it, it just they are jealous and the mao olho hits! Weird I know!
:D

You sound like a couple of my tias now! :D


Freaks! :tongue: ;)



I hope both teams lose. There!!! :mad:
 

·
International
Joined
·
5,629 Posts
ALCATRAZ said:



Red, your having a boy, right? Any names picked out? PM me if you don't want others to see, I don't know if you's ever heard of the Mao Olho (badeye or italians call malochia) kind of like a curse!

Some peeps I know take that serious they won't show strangers pictures of their kids! Mao Olho works for some people if they are jealous or somthing and it's not that they mean to do it, it just they are jealous and the mao olho hits! Weird I know!
Alc, a boy it is. He's due the 26th but I think he'll be out a couple days after. He seems to enjoying himself too much to come out on time. The wife gets kicked more often than a soccer ball at a Sporting game! ;)

As far as names, I wanted it to be Gabriel, Tiago or Simon (;)).
Gabriel has now been discarded from the list (for a very, very weird coincedence) and I am now in debate over Tiago and Simon. I'm leaning towards Simon. If Simao scores another goal this weekend, it will be done. ;)

Amazing isn't it, that the names I like are all Benfica players. Imagine if Mantorras would have been on a roll. :D

As for the Mau Olho, I know it for a fact that it exists. Just think of the Portistas in the beginning of the season talking all kinds of trash about our teams, and look where they are now. What comes around goes around. :D
 

·
Community Analyst
Joined
·
32,844 Posts
I'm surprised I've never heard of that having a grandmother that is super... really superstitious. What the hell is that "Mao Olho"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,948 Posts
Pila said:
I'm surprised I've never heard of that having a grandmother that is super... really superstitious. What the hell is that "Mao Olho"?
I think he means "mau olhar" or something.




btw- Good luck, RedE & Alc. :)
 
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Top