Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You guys are too lazy to open match threads, so here's another one. Yeah. Not sure what else to write. I haven't had any more dreams with Julio Cesar, or anything Benfica related for that matter. Maybe other members of this forum could discuss Benfica related dreams they've had.

I hope you're not offended by what I wrote in the opening paragraph, that was a poor attempt at humor. Ahem.

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
oooppss...just in time the apology jeff...i was already on my way to ban you :lala: :D

We face Boavista today, at their Bessa Stadium, 6.15 pm GMT and its another must win game

things are looking tough for Boavista, trying hard to escape relegation, and i'm sure they will put on their A game against us, per usual

Gaitán is injured and wasnt called, same with Fejsa, but Lisandro is back at last, and just in time to play because Jardel is suspended. Mitroglou is also suspended for today's match

i'm not really sure how is it possible that after a year injured, fejsa returns only to get injured again after every macth he plays...also dont understanbd gaitáns constant injuries this year, nor the time it took salvio to recover, and the same with lisandro.....seriously, i'm no doctor but this is absurd

Given all of these , Rui Vitória called the following players :

Goalies: Ederson , Paulo Lopes.

Defenders: Lisandro, Grimaldo, Lindelöf, Eliseu, Sílvio, André Almeida , Nélson Semedo.

Midfielders: Samaris, Salvio, Gonçalo Guedes, Pizzi, Taarabt, Talisca, Carcela , Renato Sanches.

Forwards: Raúl, Jonas , Luka Jovic.

on a sidenote...taarabt...would love to know who and why chose this player , who barely even plays for the B team (last game was in the 9th january...) and is rumoured to have the highest wages in the team...right

Força Benfica! :wee:

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
On vacation in Mex, couldn't watch game. But these wins really strike a dagger through the hearts of the optimistic Lagartichas.

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
very tough game...boavista is not exactly a flashy team, but they put on a hard fight and made our task very difficult...also, once again we had to play without several starting players...but hey...its been like this all season and looks like its the way , so really need to get used to it and make the best of it

yesterday the team didnt play well, clearly was more the fight than the flair, but never giving up, and that jonas goal was just....crazy emotional, so so important, more than words can say...thank u guys :proud:

·
Premier Player
2,656 Posts
Renato Santos and Ruben Ribeiro played well. The game lacked any good attempts at goal. Even when the rare chance was created, the show was well wide for both teams. Pistolas came through in the end and scored on a chance created from a prayer.

A week off for international ball. Hopefully the players who are called return healthy for Braga at the Luz.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts