Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow it doesnt feel like the season has started yet...maybe because there are so many doubts towards the team and who will stay and who will not , at least for me....

Anyways, today we play Boavista, a classic :D and traditionally a tough one for us....

Boavista's starting line-up:

Monllor; João Dias, Lucas, Philipe Sampaio and Anderson; Tengarrinha, Beckeles, Idris and Diego Lima; Julián Montenegro and Bobô

Benfica's starting line -up:

Artur; Maxi, Luisão, Jardel, Eliseu; Ruben Amorim, Talisca; Salvio, Gaitán; Lima and Jara.

Enzo is not even in the bench...nor is Nelson Oliveira

Petit vs Jesus

Força Benfica!!!!!

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well, not easy as predicted, Boavista playing as i recall them, putting a lot of pressure on the player with the ball and Benfica didnt play fast enough, showing already some frustration

Anyways, we did have 2 goal chances, with an awesome long distance shot from Eliseu and Gaitan allowing the Boavista's goalie defense right in front of goal

We finally scored at 44m from what looked like a planned move :thmbup: good shot from Eliseu, again

We need to play faster in the 2nd half, hopefully Boavista will open up a bit, and make sure we score the 2nd goal fairly fast

Shame that Ruben Amorim got injured, i really really hope its nothing serious....

As for the players on the pitch, Jara needs to go, he still fails to please me, dont think he belongs with us, Jesus should replace him quickly

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pretty ugly really:D

but yes 3 pts

it worries me the way we were unable to play a more fluid game, but Boavista really is a team that has an expertise in destroying it

Artur didnt make a single defense and yet they managed to score 2 offside goals..worrying

Gaitan played, well, Eliseu played very well, Talisca and Lima were poor, and so was Jara

there's work to do, we really need to improve our game

ps. ola john :palm:

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
btw...i've watched the game, and missed the moment Jesus was expelled :googly:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
btw...i've watched the game, and missed the moment Jesus was expelled :googly:
It happened at half time. Apparently he went to complain about something to the ref and did it in his usual polite manner.

What do you think of the first disallowed goal of Boavista? Who was offside?

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
both goals were offside, they showed them on replay enough times to be sure, although the 1st one was a tougher call

that guy with the rooster yellow hair crosses well though, he did the crosses in both offside goals

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
both goals were offside, they showed them on replay enough times to be sure, although the 1st one was a tougher call

that guy with the rooster yellow hair crosses well though, he did the crosses in both offside goals
The second is a clear offside, the first is one of those that are called when your team needs them badly. :smileani:

·
Registered
928 Posts
pretty ugly really:D

but yes 3 pts

it worries me the way we were unable to play a more fluid game, but Boavista really is a team that has an expertise in destroying it

Artur didnt make a single defense and yet they managed to score 2 offside goals..worrying

Gaitan played, well, Eliseu played very well, Talisca and Lima were poor, and so was Jara

there's work to do, we really need to improve our game

ps. ola john :palm:
I missed the game. What happened with Ola John bud ?

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
nothing happened...thats the problem:D

he was subbed in in the 2nd half and was quite poor

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
he never seems to be focused.....one can see he has skill, but its as if he's not in the game

·
Registered
928 Posts
Ruben Amorim is likely to be out of action for up to six months after rupturing knee ligaments injured in this game. Ouch

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes:(

it did look terrible yesterday when he fell

very unlucky ruben....he never seems to be able to play a full season

and now we are in trouble...no feijsa, no ruben...all we have is samaris...we need to find a midfielder quickly

1 - 15 of 15 Posts