21 - 40 of 1686 Posts

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
oh yeah that sounds logical. thank you guys. :D

·
20,440 Posts
ive got troubles with XT lately. it takes hours to load (and ive got DSL!) just to fail afterwards either the site could not be shown or the usual database error.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I've seen some connection trouble lately and it's still flaky to me but I always can connect, it never times out.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
ive had the same slow ass problems, the more people that post the more pressure on admin to fix it.

·
20,440 Posts
true Sampdoria. as a FM it freaks me out. Also the sites do not load completely (the status says ready when still not everything loaded and it got stuck somewhere in the page) on my home pc (windows XP, DSL) lately while at work they do load perfectly. Only after several refreshs the coplete page loads. It happens only lately since i downloaded the java plugin you gave me the link of Martin. May it have anything to do with that?

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
LaBlanca said:
true Sampdoria. as a FM it freaks me out. Also the sites do not load completely (the status says ready when still not everything loaded and it got stuck somewhere in the page) on my home pc (windows XP, DSL) lately while at work they do load perfectly. Only after several refreshs the coplete page loads. It happens only lately since i downloaded the java plugin you gave me the link of Martin. May it have anything to do with that?
I take it you are still referring to XT? In that case the java plugin would have (should have by all accounts) no impact on page loading, there are no java applets used on XT so the plugin is never launched.

It sounds more like a poor connection, which is known to happen sometimes.. :undecide:

·
20,440 Posts
Tusen takk Martin :) Yes i was referring to XT. The poor connection must be falling together with the plugin then. I guess cause of xmas preperation many ppl surf the internet in the evenings. still strange that dont have these problems with other internet sites.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
LaBlanca said:
Tusen takk Martin :) Yes i was referring to XT. The poor connection must be falling together with the plugin then. I guess cause of xmas preperation many ppl surf the internet in the evenings. still strange that dont have these problems with other internet sites.
Well internet traffic can be bottlenecked anywhere between you and where you are trying to get to. When you in (say) Germany try to access XT (going via America) it probably routes through 3 to 6 different routers, and there maybe a problem anywhere between your PC and XT. Its not usually just a problem with one or the other but somewhere inbetween. :)
Having said that maybe there is a problem with the server, but usually when some users have a problem and others dont, its more about how they are connecting to the site.

Unfortunately you cant really do much about it.

·
20,440 Posts
Thank you Balis, yeah this can be an explanation. Hope the problem is gone soon. :)

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Deleted posts!

Yesterday I had 950 posts no when I posted I had 948!Why does this happen? :rollani: Yes am sure non of my post where deleted because I know what was my last post...

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
Are we having data base problems ?? Jan 1st, 2005

Im getting quite a few errors and in some threads the last poster IS NOT there when you open the thread !!!

:(

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I'm not sure if this is a proble with Xtratime or my PC, since yesterday I've been having two new advertisements on Xtratime. One in between the Xtratime banner and panel & the other at the bottom of the page under

"Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2004, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. "

Have these advertisements been added? If so, can someone tell me, so I don't have to worry if its spyware.

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Yes, it's been added - not a spyware :)

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
O Glorioso, spyware does not magically appear on websites which you frequent. :)

·
20,440 Posts
i donno how IE handles that, but yesterday i wanted to use the search function in mozilla and the drop down-menu appears behind the google ad and is really hard to click not to talk about writing something in. Same with quick links.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
LaBlanca said:
i donno how IE handles that, but yesterday i wanted to use the search function in mozilla and the drop down-menu appears behind the google ad and is really hard to click not to talk about writing something in. Same with quick links.
aw nuts, you're right, the old iframe bug again.

·
20,440 Posts
maybe this helps???
style="z-index:3" the higher the number, the higher the level

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Nope, that's for layers. This is a frame so by all accounts it's logical that no part of the page contained by it would overlap the new frame.

A lot of advertisers use iframes and there's no way to change that code either.

21 - 40 of 1686 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.